Awoo.

Sonic Forces Switch - "30 FPS graphics with 60 FPS controls"

MudHunter

30fps and 720p is fine. Not ideal (I couldn't go back to Generations on 360 after playing it on PC), but it is tolerable. I don't think Generations and Unleashed even ran at 720p on console, so on paper Forces Switch should be an improvement. However, from the footage and impressions that we've seen so far the performance is utterly atrocious. The framerate makes Jungle Joyride look smooth, the textures are so low resolution and stretched that they lose all definition and the controls are supposedly impeded by incredible lag. I have no issues with a downgraded port for weaker hardware and that's actually much better than a crappy and cheaply made separate version (ala Unleashed Wii, Generations 3DS and Lost World 3DS). Forces Switch looks like it needs a lot more work and arguably is well outside what the Switch (/Sonic Team) is capable of pulling off very well. I think that the game should should be prioritising smooth performance over flashy visuals. Numerous effects and terrain fidelity should be removed from or toned down.

The caveat is that Forces is probably going to sell especially well on the Switch. I know the Wii U games were bad showing for Sonic sales, but I still think that Sonic will perform best on Nintendo platforms where possible. 

• Thumbs Up 8

2 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

The caveat is that Forces is probably going to sell especially well on the Switch. I know the Wii U games were bad showing for Sonic sales, but I still think that Sonic will perform best on Nintendo platforms where possible. 

Pretty much right