Awoo.

Sonic Forces PS4 Trophies to be Leaked

Dee Dude

7 minutes ago, Creep Dude said:

Uh, I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic...

Anyway, these are giving me way too many questions at the moment I'm not sure if I can post them all.

Knew that obviously a given without a second thought but I'm looking forward to it legitimately

Interesting. I like how Forces has all those stages and missions, and collectibles like the Silver Moon things. This could possibly have some replay value.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gotta admit the trophy list for this is getting me excited to play this WAY more than all the crap we've seen so far especially the EX stages one (fingers crossed for these being hard variants of the stages that make you put in actual effort).

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like a pretty grindy game.

The Achievement "Honor Roll: Achieved highest honors with all races." sounds like they want us to replay the game 7 times.

It's not that good to play it 7 times lmao.

It's not good enough to warrant just one playthrough for me.

They're forcing (lol) replayability on the player, which is never a good thing. Replayability comes from the game being good enough on its own to make the player feel like they want more of it.

7 minutes ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

Interesting. I like how Forces has all those stages and missions, and collectibles like the Silver Moon things. This could possibly have some replay value.

This is what I'm most looking forward to. A Sonic game needs replayability for me. Something that I can play when I just feel like doing nothing and waste time. I hope this is true and the game has plenty of replay value. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Sounds like a pretty grindy game.

The Achievement "Honor Roll: Achieved highest honors with all races." sounds like they want us to replay the game 7 times.

It's not that good to play it 7 times lmao.

It's not good enough to warrant just one playthrough for me.

They're forcing (lol) replayability on the player, which is never a good thing. Replayability comes from the game being good enough on its own to make the player feel like they want more of it.

These are achievements, not in game incentives. Achievements are almost always grindy and stupid. This is not an Unleashed situation where they force you to get Sun and Moon medals.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not as intrusive as if they locked story content behind it, but there's no doubting that there's a psychological pull to achievements that can keep people playing beyond the point where they're fully enjoying it.

And a lot of these achievements sound pretty grindy.

• Thumbs Up 2

I guess this means Shadow and Chaos do end up serving the resistance in the the end. 

And I wonder how Zavok picks up the stakes for “Septuple Trouble”? (finally an actual monster form for him?)

And Infinite is flight at least thrice...

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

It's not as intrusive as if they locked story content behind it, but there's no doubting that there's a psychological pull to achievements that can keep people playing beyond the point where they're fully enjoying it.

At that point it's not exactly the game's fault. If the person wants to go after achievements, they are aware of the conditions of each achievement and have full freedom to stop or give up. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

True. But you have to remember that this shit is tame compared to what some other companies pull.

59dada8a3be17_Screenshot2017-10-0819_07_26.thumb.png.5a754ba174006394724357e479829fff.png

Also, you can just turn em off if you don't like them. Or play on Switch which doesn't have an achievement system. Again, achievements exist outside of the game, so it shouldn't really be judged as a negative or positive part of a game.

You'd think we'd know about Something like Daily Missions or would have seen some of these collectables before now, yeah?

• Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

At that point it's not exactly the game's fault. If the person wants to go after achievements, they are aware of the conditions of each achievement and have full freedom to stop or give up. 

If a game uses shitty conditioning tricks, that's 100% on the game. I'm not saying achievements are exactly as bad as, say, shitty free-to-play games that intentionally try to squeeze money out of their players, but there's a level of manipulation there that I feel is worth noting.

1 minute ago, Crazy_Diamond said:

Again, achievements exist outside of the game, so it shouldn't really be judged as a negative or positive part of a game.

Achievements aren't "outside" the game; the developers themselves decide what the achievements are.

• Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Oh boy, this one's grasping a bit. I mean, people feeling enticed to complete achievements, that's not the game's fault, especially seeing as how those achievements can be turned off.

And they're certainly by no means of rationality, actually forced into doing them.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 3

Just now, Jovahexeon Cala Maria said:

Oh boy, this one's grasping a bit. I mean, people feeling enticed to complete achievements, that's not the game's fault, especially seeing as how those achievements can be turned off.

And they're certainly by no means of rationality, actually forced into doing them.

Okay, come on, seriously.

Are we really going to pretend that we don't get that little burst of happiness when a game dings and says you did a thing good? And that we're never inclined to keep playing because we want that "ding" when we'd stop otherwise?

I'm not treating achievements like they're outright abusive or anything. But they're a barefaced Skinner box sort of system, and that leaves open the possibility of exploitative use.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Diogenes said:

Okay, come on, seriously.

Are we really going to pretend that we don't get that little burst of happiness when a game dings and says you did a thing good? And that we're never inclined to keep playing because we want that "ding" when we'd stop otherwise?

I'm not treating achievements like they're outright abusive or anything. But they're a barefaced Skinner box sort of system, and that leaves open the possibility of exploitative use.

Well that or just another means to try and potshot the game.

I mean, look, it's all a player's choice. You choose to go for the achievements. That's on you. Honestly, if people judged game's like UMVC3's merits on the achievements, those games would be in the trash more than in the consoles.

• Promotion 1

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

You'd think we'd know about Something like Daily Missions or would have seen some of these collectables before now, yeah?

That's what happens when you showcase like 5 mins worth of game for a whole year haha.

But yea, this does make Forces seem not nearly as short and straight forward as I was expecting. I'm wondering what these ex and secret stages are all about. Hopefully they're real special stages instead of rearranging unleashed assets again.

• Thumbs Up 4

14 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Specifically referring to this,  I don't even need to pretend. There's plenty of folk out here,  myself included who don't subscribe to that line of thinking. kek

• Promotion 1

53 minutes ago, Ultimate Victory 64 said:

Bonds of Friendship?

What is this YUGIOH?

@Ghostrick Dorklord in comes anzu in the abriged series with a friendship speech.

So can we gues that Classic Sonic, Modern Sonic and the Avatar battle infinite given us the three fights. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I would hope that the Bonds of Friendship is the case of whoever is Infinite is the avatar's friend especially because of how there's more to Fist Bump than meets the eye at what's being hinted. *looks at apparent fist bump that the avatar offers Infinite*

Also as the Sonic Theorist has said the way for the avatar defeating Infinite in being the key:

"Friendship the power over Infinite power."

Which for sure sounds like the cheesy kind of plot element a Sonic game would do and I mean that in a good way seeing as how the game's story is looking hyped.

• Thumbs Up 1