Awoo.

Sonic Forces PS4 Trophies to be Leaked

Dee Dude

2 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

One thing to note

Possible big spoilers.

Hide contents

Bonds of Friendship, if all speculation turns out to be true, implies this is Infinite's final defeat

But this ISN'T the achievement for beating the story, that's Saved the World

So this can mean Infinite ISN'T the final boss

What I took from that is that Sonic is taking a cue from open-world games. He beats Infinite and Eggman, and now he needs to complete post-story missions to liberate the rest of the world. 

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

What I took from that is that Sonic is taking a cue from open-world games. He beats Infinite and Eggman, and now he needs to complete post-story missions to liberate the rest of the world. 

Does that mean the plot point people predicted of "Eggman is stopped, the world is saved, his influence is gone" isn't the case?

If so,

thank god.

• Thumbs Up 2

To be honest, I wouldn't mind Forces having a world map HUB world system like Unleashed did where each area operates as it's own little HUB world with a resistance base, and several characters you can do side missions for that slowly but surely rid Eggman's influence over the planet.

4 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

Does that mean the plot point people predicted of "Eggman is stopped, the world is saved, his influence is gone" isn't the case?

If so,

thank god.

Nah man of course everything's going to snap back to the status quo by the next game.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just jumping in here for a bit-

The idea that trophies/achievements are a cheap congratulations and are little more than a form subtle manipulation is an incredibly old argument and pretending people are only bringing up the idea to shit on Forces is kind of dumb.  

And honestly?  Yeah they kind of are.  Manipulation is sort of the name of the game when it comes to entertainment.  Films and Television are essentially a string of visual and audio ques that are supposed to influence their viewers and invoke certain emotional responses.  Games are similar but now they have to convince the player to actually do something instead of just watch/listen intently.  Nintendo (somewhat recently?) talked about their design philosophies behind BotW and how they use certain shapes to guide the player's eye towards interesting landmarks.  That's all manipulation, albeit a very subtle form of it.  Achievements/Trophies are really no different in that regard, except they have a presence outside of the game itself and contribute to another meter that encompasses all games on that particular platform.  The fact that people go out of their way to play easy plats to fill up that meter as far as they can says a bit to the addictive nature of collecting trophies.

I personally don't think it ruins anything however.  It's a shame when developers make incredibly boring lists like Sonic Team did in Forces, but it is what it is.

I also think it's worth noting that a Platinum doesn't necessarily mean that you've "100%" the game or completed all of the game's challenges.  Like, I sure as shit didn't finish all of Bloodborne's Chalice Dungeons, but lo and behold I have a shiny Platinum anyways (Sony was nice enough to throw a free theme my way for it though, which I think more developers should do).

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Diogenes said:

Nah man of course everything's going to snap back to the status quo by the next game.

I'll clarify,

you don't just beat Eggman and Infinite, and the status quo is restored. Instead, you beat them, then you have to restore the status quo yourself afterwards.

Much better than the feared prediction.

People who don't really care about achievements (or like me and can only get the game on Switch) won't be missing out.  They seem pretty standard IMO. Nothing specific like "Clear __ stage with only the Lightning Wispon in under 30 seconds". So 100% clearing your file should do it.

Still interesting to know the weight the achievements are putting on bosses. Zavok especially since, so far we've not seen him outside of a trailer. Zavok could be a halfway point boss? (hence them turning him into a trophy)

• Thumbs Up 4

Seems like this game turns out to be some fun at least and will keep me busy on my little home vacation. I might actually try to work on those achievements what I rarely do.  Only a month away, I actually can't wait to play this. Even though I've first gone from feeling slightly positive to really sceptical about Forces, I've recently been really wanting to try this out.

Ah.

So you fight Eggman once, and Infinite three times.

We've already seen an Eggman fight in the trailers, so logically, that'd be the one and only time you "drive off Eggman"...

Guess Eggman's not the final boss, by that logic.

Laaame.

1 minute ago, Dr. Mechano said:

Ah.

We've already seen an Eggman fight in the trailers, so logically, that'd be the one and only time you "drive off Eggman"...

Laaame.

It's possible that they simply might not have trophies for all of the boss fights. I find it heavily hard to believe Zavok would get a fight and not Chaos/Shadow.

And assuming that final story trophy is actually for beating the story, then that means it'll likely be Eggman since the trophy before that indicates Infinite's defeat.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

It's possible that they simply might not have trophies for all of the boss fights. I find it heavily hard to believe Zavok would get a fight and not Chaos/Shadow.

And assuming that final story trophy is actually for beating the story, then that means it'll likely be Eggman since the trophy before that indicates Infinite's defeat.

Or maybe a new Monster of the Week or other such concealed threat? Sonic Team haven’t taken him seriously for seven whole years (or more, considering Unleashed where he got a rock thrown at him by some kiddo.), and the description for the achievement reads like they’re hiding a plot spoiler concerning the endgame.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

Ah.

Laaame.

My guess is those are just markers for how far into the plot you've progressed. Like, at key points in the story you'll get a trophy. 

I wouldn't mind Eggman not being the final boss this time tho. I'm thinking it'll be some super form of Infinite Eggman forces him to transform into.

Just now, SuperAj3 said:

My guess is those are just markers for how far into the plot you've progressed. Like, at key points in the story you'll get a trophy. 

I wouldn't mind Eggman not being the final boss this time tho. I'm thinking it'll be some super form of Infinite Eggman forces him to transform into.

It's a game where the premise is "Eggman took over the world." Robbing him of the final boss status here of all games would be especially egregious.

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

It's a game where the premise is "Eggman took over the world." Robbing him of the final boss status here of all games would be especially egregious.

Fair enough. Still the trailers are kinda prioritising Infinite (then again we just got word from Famitsu Sonic's missing and that was never said in any trailers).

He may be the last boss in the story, but maybe not the one you need to defeat as Super Sonic (If special stages give emeralds, that is).

2 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Are we really going to pretend that we don't get that little burst of happiness when a game dings and says you did a thing good?

I dislike achievements & trophies on games. And I feel most games are better without them myself. But I mostly try to ignore it.

Doubtful that Eggman won't be the final boss since he's had that status the last few games (even Generations where technically he was piloting the boss)

Just now, SuperAj3 said:

Still the trailers are kinda prioritising Infinite

Well yeah. Because he's going to be the final boss.

I mean, he's a floating, overpowered, vaguely Sonic-shaped "dark" villain in a story written by Shun Nakamura.

Mephiles_the_DarkST.png

...We've seen how this goes already. Of course he'll upstage Eggman and be the final boss. I don't see how anyone's surprised by that.

• Thumbs Up 5

8 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

Well yeah. Because he's going to be the final boss.

I mean, he's a floating, overpowered, vaguely Sonic-shaped "dark" villain in a story written by Shun Nakamura.

Mephiles_the_DarkST.png

...We've seen how this goes already. Of course he'll upstage Eggman and be the final boss. I don't see how anyone's surprised by that.

Assuming too much without solid proof.

Just now, Joseph Henry said:

Assuming too much without solid proof.

Eh, Nakamura's track record leaves me rightly pessimistic.

Look at it this way: If I'm right and Infinite upstages Eggman, I won't be let down or disappointed because I expected it. However, if Eggman somehow does keep his final boss status, I'll instead be pleasantly surprised.

Either way, when it comes to Sonic, I think it's wise to avoid getting my hopes up.

27 minutes ago, Sean said:

Doubtful that Eggman won't be the final boss since he's had that status the last few games (even Generations where technically he was piloting the boss)

But in my opinion we need a break from him as the final boss, after the last few times were generally poor showings.

We are complaining...about trophies. Come on people.

You like them, that's ok. You don't, that's ok too.

But you can't say a game is bad because there are achievments. You can do them or not. (I will)

Also, I'm assuming Zavok is the last one to be fought, since there's a trophy only for him.

It's too early to say "X will be the final boss". We can only wait.

• Thumbs Up 3

So it looks like this game is going to have really easy achievements like Sonic Generations. Eh, fine by me. I get another easy Platinum added to the collection. =P

Still, I wish there were more challenge related achievements (like beat a game within five hours or less). They add considerably more replay value, and easy ones don’t. Once I got all the achievements in Generations I never went back to it.