Awoo.

Sonic Forces PS4 Trophies to be Leaked

Dee Dude

The "New Beginning" trophy is interesting. "Create your second avatar." What, does the first one get killed or something?

• Chuckle 2

3 hours ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

I dislike achievements & trophies on games. And I feel most games are better without them myself. But I mostly try to ignore it.

Strongly disagree. All games will not be better without them.

You are talking as if trophies/achievements affected the games. It didn't. Trophies/achievements are usually added after the game is complete. 

Just ignore them if you loathe them.

As I got every single Sonic trophy there is available on PlayStation, there's no way I'm turning down this challenge. =P

48 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

The "New Beginning" trophy is interesting. "Create your second avatar." What, does the first one get killed or something?

No. When you complete the game with the first avatar, you can start the whole game again with the second (which is probably required for the 'Honor Roll' trophy, finish the game at least once with all species).

28 minutes ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

Just ignore them if you loathe them.

I just said i personally did mostly ignore them in the very post you quoted no? What's the point in asking me to do which i already do??

I don't have a popular opinion on them. But if you like them then that's fine yeah? But I don't need to. I also personally dislike how sometimes it turns people into odd trophy hunters some of which I've seen will only buy games JUST for the trophies and barely even cares about the game itself. I even seen this said before...
"I won't buy games if it doesn't have trophies/achievements"
... it's not a huge deal, If people enjoy them then whatever. but it's still a nitpick of mine.

27 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

I just said i personally did mostly ignore them in the very post you quoted no? What's the point in asking me to do which i already do??

I don't have the most popular opinion on them. But if you like them then that's fine yeah? But I don't need to.

I didn't ask you to like them.

I also personally dislike how sometimes it turns people into odd trophy hunters some of which I've seen will only buy games JUST for the trophies.... 

Lol I do this.

So? Why should you care? It's not your money.

In fact, I can say this: There are some fantastic games I would have never touched if it wasn't for the trophies. Examples? The Wolf Among Us, Until Dawn, LEGO games, inFamous, God of War, Heavy Rain,  Tearaway, Ghostbusters (2009), Life is Strange, Dust: An Elysian's Tail...I can go on.

Trophy hunters play games out of their territory and probably wouldn't have done so if it weren't for trophies.

and barely even cares about the game itself.

Well if the game is crap, yeah I don't see why we should care. You think I should care for Shrek Forever After, Family Game Night or Ben 10?

I even seen this said before "I won't buy games if it doesn't have trophies/achievements"... it's not a huge deal, If people enjoy them then whatever. but it's still a nitpick of mine.

Yeah, exactly. Not a huge deal. Not your problem, it's their loss. Let them enjoy what they want to enjoy. I play some games that has no trophies if the game is must play. Like Undertale on PC. I guess it has Steam achievements but I don't care for those.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't see any reason here to think that Eggman won't be the final boss: see, the final Infinite-related achievement reads "Defeat Infinite", but the Eggman achievement doesn't say anything about defeating Eggman! It is certainly strange that Metal Sonic, Shadow and Chaos don't get an achievement for themselves, though...

I'm especially intrigued by those EX and Secret Stages, and the different types of Challenges! It gives good hopes for the length of the game!

By the way, don't you find it funny that, after NSMB2 introduced Moon Coins as a variant of Star Coins and Super Mario Odyssey will introduce Power Moons as a substitute for Power Stars... Sonic Forces will be introducing Silver Moon Rings alonside the Red Star Rings! Interesting Stars -> Moons pattern here...

• Thumbs Up 1

Fascinating.

I just want to know what are these moon medals and what they have to do with this game, like, at all? Moon? 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Ajavalo said:

I don't see any reason here to think that Eggman won't be the final boss: see, the final Infinite-related achievement reads "Defeat Infinite", but the Eggman achievement doesn't say anything about defeating Eggman! It is certainly strange that Metal Sonic, Shadow and Chaos don't get an achievement for themselves, though...

The driving off eggman thing might also be metal sonic related

Also Shadow and Chaos might not really have boss fights, they might not even be real. I guess we'll find out when the game comes out

I wonder if the Xbox achievements will have wallpapers attached? Sometimes there's an interesting few within a list, such as the current one I'm using from Battlefront.

As for what this list reveals, I expect it's a decently sized game.

2 hours ago, Jango said:

Fascinating.

I just want to know what are these moon medals and what they have to do with this game, like, at all? Moon? 

They use the moon medals to power the ark instead of the chaos emeralds to shoot down the death egg.

Spoiler

I don't know.

7 hours ago, Almar said:

We could have a Gmerl situtation where Eggman and Infinite fight together.

I mean, in Gemerl's case, you got to play as Eggman along with Super Sonic; You didn't fight them both at the same time, like you did with Heavy King in Sonic Mania.

Which, hey, is still cool. Playable Eggman is a nice consolation prize if his main villain status is compromised. I refer you to my totally objective flowchart:

8MehzPp.png

• Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 5

5 hours ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

Nah its doing a 2nd playthrough with a newly made Avatar 

I don't get why this is too grindy.

It's a game with a character creator, of course you will have to grind.

But seriously, nothing forces you to get the achievements. If you feel like doing them even though you don't want to, that's your problem, not the game's.

• Nice Smile 1

If there really is a trophy for 7 full completions... Lol!

Yeah that is actually going to put off a lot of people from playing, yes there are a lot of people who will not play games if they're too much of a grind.

But the destroy X Enemies and Rings probably isn't that bad.

The tag stage which I played at EGX. You can easily get near 700 rings in just over 60 seconds. So 1 stage nearly gives you 1% of that total.

The double boost must easily destroy 50-100 enemies in just that spot alone. After 1 full game completion you should be quite far into these.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, Dr. Mechano said:

I mean, in Gemerl's case, you got to play as Eggman along with Super Sonic; You didn't fight them both at the same time, like you did with Heavy King in Sonic Mania.

Which, hey, is still cool. Playable Eggman is a nice consolation prize if his main villain status is compromised. I refer you to my totally objective flowchart:

8MehzPp.png

You fought them together in every other boss fight except the Really Final Boss. I can bring up Sonic Rush's Really Final Bosses both being Eggman alongside Eggman Nega fighting Super Sonic and Burning Blaze together.

It'd also put in another parallel between Buddy and Infinite (Buddy fights with Sonic and Infinite fights with Eggman).

25 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Yeah that is actually going to put off a lot of people from playing, yes there are a lot of people who will not play games if they're too much of a grind.

The tag stage which I played at EGX. You can easily get near 700 rings in just over 60 seconds. So 1 stage nearly gives you 1% of that total.

The double boost must easily destroy 50-100 enemies in just that spot alone. After 1 full game completion you should be quite far into these.

7 completions really isn't all that tall of an order if the game is:

1. As quick and easy for all the levels as it is in the footage we've seen (hopefully and almost definitely isn't the case but you never know)

2. The game itself can be beaten pretty quickly making going through all the stages just something you can do on/off and still get the trophy within a week

3. 7 completions could probably not be as literal as we think and is actually meaning something else.

Obviously, this all just speculation but I doubt that they'd put it in there if they didn't have a good idea on how doable it is and like the gold medals in mania, it probably might just be for those few who are dedicated to the game enough to put in the work to get it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Xenoverse 2 had a similar trophy which was getting the transformation for every race.

To do that, you needed to almost beat the story with every race. (There are 5.)

It took me a few days but it was actually fun, making me like the others races in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looking at the list, there may be a way to get 'Honour Roll' in just one run: Rental Avatars. Assuming the function works as I think it might (creates a randomised Avatar to test out other species without starting a new game) then perhaps it won't be as tedious to unlock... maybe. There's no way to know for certain until the game's out.

2 hours ago, Mayor D said:

The seven playthroughs thing really isn't that grindy. Like sure, you'll probably get burnt out if you decide to do it all at once, but a Modern Sonic title isn't something I inherently think as a game that's going to take forever to finish one go through it. 

And anyway, I'm pretty sure most people unless you're a hard-core collector would once again just step away and play something else and do the trophy in pieces. It's nowhere near the kinds of levels of grinding that truly place people off. That stuff would include Rayman Legends which requires months upon months of doing daily challenges to get the last trophy, or Danganronpa which can require two to three playthroughs of additional bonus modes to finish, or hell, Unleashed which required crap tons of grinding not only with the XP boosts, but finding medals, and the trial and error hot dog missions.

• Thumbs Up 1

There is no way to even know how much work can go into that particular trophy without waiting for more details. It you look at the icon for unlocking that trophy, it is the resistance symbol, which is also the same symbol that appears as you cross the goal of every stage.

"achieve the highest honor" could literally just mean Get an S rank. People need to stop crying over milk that isn't even spilled yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 playthroughs is child's play compared to actual other games such as flipping MGS4. Just try to get all those medels in a week haha. Lord that was hell. Flipping no kill my foot medal.

I'm happy that there are daily missions here. Honestly it's a very good sign in my eyes that ST recognizes the game length problem and are willing to tackle it in a way that stays fresh and sticks to the core gameplay. 

On 9-10-2017 at 12:08 PM, Jango said:

Werehog confirmed?
SIlver Moon medals... Silver the Werehog confirmed. With telekenesis AND long arms it's even less use to fight him.
I mean damn, this game's already a "everything and the kitchen sink" deal. Why not. Way too late to be subtle.

• Chuckle 1

We are now complaining about why they are called "moon" medals?!

Why does there have to be a reason for it?

I didn't see anyone complain abour Red Star Rings.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nobody is complaining, mate.

We're discussing. Maybe you're not familiar with the concept of a forum. 

People are wondering why there's are silver moon medals in the game. We already know what Red Star Rings mean in Sonic games, but something as specific as a moon is odd at the very least. The last time these we're seen was in Unleashed, but it made sense to that game, it had context. What we seen so far from Forces that implies a moon context? That's why it's intriguing. And heck, it could very well mean Werehog.

I'm gonna bet the game MAY have a day-night system and perhaps you get the moon medals by completing levels at night? 

• Thumbs Up 2