Awoo.

Would you buy an Avatar figure?

SatAMhog

That red wolf character they made for Forces as the main mascot of the custom hero(it's weird they didn't put him on the box and instead a green wolf lol)...would you like to see a figure of him from either Tomy or First 4 Figures?  It's been awhile since we had merchandise for new characters and it'd be a good opportunity for them to expand beyond the main three of Sonic, Knuckles and Tails like Jazwares did.  Discuss.

I wouldn't buy anything related to this game, be it the game itself or merchandise based on it.

But even if I liked Forces, I still wouldn't. The generic red wolf stand-in Sonic Team keeps using isn't really a "character" in any sense. It's just a default example of the sorts of characters you can make in the editor. Having a figure of a complete non-character as the Avatar seems totally superfluous, and I think that this would be true even to fans of the game.

• Thumbs Up 7

I would only buy one if it could be made like a custom figure, but that's time and money that I'm sure is better spent elsewhere like figures of pre-existing characters who've never had a figure and would be greatly appreciated by fans. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Yes I would and seeing how much japan likes him  (infinite, not red fox guy) so far gives me hope they will make merchandise on him. I think a 8 to 9 inch statue of him will be epic on my statue stand. But i would also take a mini figure if i had to.

I'm not the type to buy figures in the first place, but even if I was, a boring default design for a one-shot player created character is preeeeetty far down on the list of figures I'd be interested in.

If it was high-quality and had multiple Wispon acessories, sure.

And if we could custom-order a figure of our own personal character, that'd be awesome! (And ludicrously expensive)

4 hours ago, Dr. Mechano said:

The generic red wolf stand-in Sonic Team keeps using isn't really a "character" in any sense. It's just a default example of the sorts of characters you can make in the editor.

I REALLY have to agree with this. I don't see the appeal in wanting to treat the default Red Wolf as almost it's own character. Personally I wish SEGA had used different ones for the trailers to avoid the feeling it's the main design for it. I never liked it when other games do it either. But point is we don't need stuff of the Red Wolf design because it's not a real character and isn't interesting. Is better just to continue to get stuff of the other interesting real characters from this series instead.

But to answer the question simply. No. I would not buy a figure of the generic red nerd wolf. And wouldn't keep it even if somebody gave one to me for free. Hahaaha.

• Thumbs Up 1

The cost of it is another reason it wouldn't be worth  it for me. I simply don't have that kind of money to throw into what would be a collectable and I don't think a lot of people do either. I mean I debate myself on whether I want to cash over for that Sonic Mania collector's edition I keep seeing on a store shelf even though I already own the game. I have other things I need to pay. I've got bills and I barely scrape by. 

But if you wanted to make a limited set of action figures of some Sonic Comics characters for people who'd like that, I'd see what I could save....~

You might as well release a faceless Anon figure and see how far you can run with that. Its kind of pointless really.

Buddy the Wolf isn't really a character, and Sega has accentuated that by using a rotation of furrys in their screenshots and demo's. Who'd want to buy an action figure of their OC, when it looks nothing like their OC? Its madness.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd buy it because I like the design.

Although it really speaks to how they should have just made him his own character if they're going to continually use that same design to a point it's basically canon in the same sense Link's name is canonically Link no matter what you enter in a Zelda game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Although the promo red wolf grown on me. I don't see him getting a figure as obvious as it is it ruins the entire point of having OUR OC in the game by using a character we likely aren't making and is up to the players personal canon of what they are Species, Gender, Animal etc.

• Thumbs Up 2

The red wolf? No. But being able to do a custom figure of your own avatar would be cool, though unrealistic.

• Thumbs Up 3

55 minutes ago, Marcello said:

But being able to do a custom figure of your own avatar would be cool, though unrealistic.

I mean hey, if we need to make this feasible, could always commission Jazwares for the task and renew the Sonic license like the good ole days. That should keep things fairly affordable!

But yeah. If not for how expensive custom figures get, this would almost sound like a marketing idea.

Custom characters are hard to make figurines for. You either go for the default face, which can disappoint people, or just not make one. But I'd think time is better spent making an Infinite figure. Or a Metal Sonic figure, or a Chaos figure, come on tomy pls

• Thumbs Up 2

Sega could set up a temporary service for custom made toys. Fans could just send designated manufacturer a picture/screenshot of their OCs, the manufacturer convert your OC into an decent toy/doll/figurine, and then they send the little hell-spawns right at the costumers' doorstep. Fans will be happy and Sega gets a shit ton of money. Everyone wins.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, SwissBunny said:

Sega could set up a temporary service for custom made toys. Fans could just send designated manufacturer a picture/screenshot of their OCs, the manufacturer convert your OC into an decent toy/doll/figurine, and then they send the little hell-spawns right at the costumers' doorstep. Fans will be happy and Sega gets a shit ton of money. Everyone wins.

That'd be awesome great idea!

No. He is just a symbolic character for a new gameplay mechanic and nothing more. I can see him being 100% canon and having a real personality in some comic or manga adaptation for Forces, though.

I wouldn't mind an action figure of the Red Wolf. Doesn't seem all that different from making a Steve action figure for Minecraft or a Warrior Statue for Xenoverse. Maybe make him a Nendroid type figure with more iconic parts from the game?

I'd sooner buy an Infinite figure though. His design is more unique to me.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

I like the Red Wolf, but yeah, it wouldn't sell that well. In America. Japan would buy 20.

An Infinite figure is a better idea. With a removable mask? That would be nice.

Again I like him to a degree but I don't see it as he's just a promo of the new mechanic added for Forces not an actual canon character of the players own OC. Infinite I can definetly see getting one the most though since he's become very popular bonus if his mask is removable!

I'm really not a fan of Forces by any means, but I do love me some decent plastic tat to go on the shelf. So yeah, if Nerdy the Wolfbloke ended up as a £10-or-so Tomy action figure I'd probably grab one for a laugh.