Awoo.

Creepiest gaming moments that you cannot replicate

Mad Convoy

Hello! Its Halloween month and so I've decided to make a topic focusing on spooks! However, I didn't want to do a usual creepy moments in gaming topic because not only are there already some already here, but its pretty cliche. So instead, I decided to do one based on horror and those special moments in gaming that you can only experience once. Given that even the best quality games stumble every now and then and do something totally unexpected, I figured this would be quite fruitful.

For me, I was playing Metroid Fusion on my Wii U using the Gamepad's controls and screen (which I prefer for old games that were made for small screens) while there was a storm. I got to the cutscene where the SA-X, the primary antagonist and the one that caused the plot to happen, reveals itself for the first time.

That isn't the creepy surprise though. That comes about where the SA-X's creepy face appears on screen and looks right at you. While the face was on the screen, the electricity in my house suddenly went out. Frightening in its own right, but this caused the Wii U's Gamepad to freak out. The game immediately froze right on that goddamned face, while the lower half of the screen's graphics became corrupted in just the right way so I could see those empty white eyes clearly but little else. All set to an infinite loop of the last second of music that played before the electricity went out. The screen flickered, and then the game powered down.

Needless to say, I was thoroughly terrified at Metroid Fusion suddenly going all creepypasta on me. Coupled with the storm sounds from outdoors, it made an already creepy and frightening scene even more terrifying. And in a way, I appreciate that. I like Metroid Fusion in part because of its creepy atmosphere and well executed jump scares. Unfortunately, due to the unusual, specific circumstances and me not wanting to risk damaging my Wii U, I cannot experience that again nor would I want to.

So, I now turn the topic over to you, readers. What are some creepy moments that you've experienced in video game that you can't replicate?

• Thumbs Up 2

This didn't really happen while I was playing the game, and no one is gonna believe this.

I was playing legend of Zelda ocarina of time at my grandma's house in her living room and I remember being stuck on the water temple for 2 days. One night, I woke up at about 10 minutes to 12 midnight trying to turn on the game because I was so desperate in trying to beat that water temple. I turn on the game and then the t.v., these weird low poly models come up on the screen. I saw a low poly body but I couldn't tell if it was link or not and it starts walking around and picking up things, on it's own!! I didn't even touch the controller yet!! It changed to another model that just stood there and it kept looping on repeat for like 30 minutes!! I decided to just quit and cut the tv off but it never would go off!! I laid back down watching the same thing over and over thinking I was dreaming but I know i wasn't. I nodded off to sleep until the next morning and i woke up to the tv and game console finally off. I was so out of it. I turned it on later that morning and it started up normal and I beat the water temple that day.

I kid you not. I wish I had the pictures to prove it but I'm not making this up.

Another thing that recently happened was I was playing super Mario 64 ds on my brother's 3ds, when the game froze on that mountain level and it kept making a noise similar to this:

?????

• Thumbs Up 1