Awoo.

Sonic Forces OST Details Reveald

Woun

Wouldn't it be something if it was titled "Ow The Edge"?

Over 97 OST? Has there ever been a Sonic game that has a similar amount?

• Thumbs Up 5

Doesn't this indirectly tell us the stage number? Since the Avatar stages all have vocal tracks, that means around 12 stages for the Avatar. That would mean 51 stages in total, including Episode Shadow, with 12 unique zones. A very good number in my opinion. Ironically, the same number of unique zones as Mania. I wonder if that was planned or just a happy coincidence. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Crazy_Diamond said:

Doesn't this indirectly tell us the stage number? Since the Avatar stages all have vocal tracks, that means around 12 stages for the Avatar. That would mean 51 stages in total, including Episode Shadow, with 12 unique zones. A very good number in my opinion. Ironically, the same number of unique zones as Mania. I wonder if that was planned or just a happy coincidence. 

That sounds about right. The Shadow press release said there were at least over "10" modern stages.

Something else I find interesting is the use of the phrase "Vocal Traxx". That exact phrase has been used before.

61jFNzS5xzL._SX425_.thumb.jpg.23aea9c12a4403dd991ab1ea215a6c50.jpg

I doubt that this has any meaning to it, but it's interesting nevertheless.

EDIT: Actually, looking back on it, I think I see the meaning. Most Sonic OSTs from Adventure all the way to Shadow did not include the vocal themes in their OSTs. Instead, they took the vocal themes and put them in their own mini-album. Sonic 06 was the first to break that trend, with the vocal themes also being included in the regular OST. That seems to also be the case for Sonic Forces as well. So maybe the "Vocal Traxx" phrase is a way to indicate that.

Generations soundtrack also had 91 tracks if the wiki is to be believed. 50 for normal levels/missions and 40 for jingles/menus/cutscenes.

Either way, is this the "thing"? Because none of these images seem to have anything to do with the twitter promo image.

(By the way, the more I look at this, the more it looks like Aaron just went crazy in MS paint. Does anyone else see it? Especially in the dust clouds. They totally look like the spray can tool.)

2 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Generations soundtrack also had 91 tracks if the wiki is to be believed. 50 for normal levels/missions and 40 for jingles/menus/cutscenes.

Yeah, Generations soundtrack was about 90 tracks. But that was also including every single song in the 3DS version as well. I don't get where you got 40 for the jingles/menus/cutscenes though, they looked to only be around 20.

• vocal themes
  • custom characters
  • playable shadow
  • darker plot
  • two soundtrack CDs (BGM and vocal)
  • chaos
  • new, very powerful villain

early-mid 2000s sonic has returned, bois.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 2

7 minutes ago, Crazy_Diamond said:

Yeah, Generations soundtrack was about 90 tracks. But that was also including every single song in the 3DS version as well. I don't get where you got 40 for the jingles/menus/cutscenes though, they looked to only be around 20.

Yeah that was actually just the disc split, I messed up.

Still, even if it doesn't have an entire alternate version's soundtrack, Forces has two more acts per level than Generations, and probably a boss in each zone.

3 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

Disappointed by no Crush 40. 

May be bonus tracks on the vocal CD (like with 06) so I'd wait until the full tracklist is up.

That’s a LOT of songs, but don’t forget that might include jingles and cutscene music too.

So far the music for Sonic Forces has been hit or miss for me like Sonic Lost World before it, so I’m hoping there’s a lot more great tracks hidden within.

• Thumbs Up 2

I tried to make a count, 40 or 44 main stages (so 10 or 11 zones), plus secret stages, EX stages, Shadow stages, 7-8 bosses with themes, cutscenes, character themes and jingles. Does that equal to 97 tracks?

(10 main zones x 4 acts) + (1 extra zone x 4 acts) = 44 stages

44 stages + 8 bosses + 11 secret acts + 3 Shadow acts = 66 stages

On... the Edge?

Holy shit.

They actually did it. The madmen.

I love you SEGA keep being self-aware even if your games divide this fanbase more than Moses did the Red Sea.

Can't wait, love me some Sonic the Fastguy soundtracks.

• Thumbs Up 5

So,aside from the infinite and fist bump theme,we have 11 more vocal songs.That means 12 stages at most,though i bet there at least 1-2 other non-theme vocal songs,maybe the credits or another character theme So we have 10-12 stages,we know green hill,chemical plant,park avenue and silent forest.Most likely sky sanctuary is there too,then the hexagon city from the trailers,then there is the space station? which most likely end up as an actual stage.Maybe its the teased death egg ? 

Then;

Green Hill

Chemical Plant

Sky Sanctuary?

Park Avenue

Silent Forest

Hexagon City ?

Space/Factory Stage (Death egg?) ?

That makes 7 stages,meaning there are only 3-5 more stages left we haven't seen yet.

Though didn't they said that there would be a lot of returning "modern stages" ? Was it just an translation error,or did they mixed the word classic for modern,since it seems pretty unlikely that there is any space left for lots of modern stages.If the statement is true,that is bad news though,since probably the levels we havent seen yet would just end up being modern stages we have already seen,leaving the game without enough original content.I think there is some kind of a mistake there myself though,at most i would expect 1-2 returning modern stages if there is any,it just does not makes sense for this game to have them,since the classics are there for nostalgia milking,and makes more sense story wise than modern stages,though if they actually are trying to reuse assests or something,then maybe,but that would be really,really terrible news.

Honestly im crawing for creative level themes,let alone level desings at this point,i dont have much problems with forces so far,i like the story untill now,the tone of it,the soundtrack,the idea of avatar,the gameplay,but the level desing + lack of originality is really a big turn-off.I wouldnt much classic sonic if at least we got some new cool stages.I think Colors nailed this,it gave us pretty fun level themes,even maybe lost world,i mean windy hill is sure is a green hill variant but it is not that obvious one and has new stuff going on so it does not really bites much.Silent forest,tropical coast etc was fun enough to me.

Though the versions of green hills we have saw untill now are basically all different levels,kind of like lost worlds,take classic green hill and the tag team one,for example.Classis sonis and the avatars version also is kind of different,the original themes of the levels also helps and ill gladly take those over the remixes at this point.So if every stage is divided diversely like this,then it is a lot more acceptable.Like as classic sonic we play the more classis chemical plant,as modern we go inside those egg fleet variants,as avatar we play the so called "frozen" plant,and as for the tag team stages,i dont know,they said it also was an airport or such ? If that turns out to be the case i would be happy,assuming there are 10-12 stages,with full 4 versalite acts makes over 40 ACTUAL stages,plus all the missions and the collactibles,compared to 7 stage and short acts of colors and only 18 act of generations,thats a huge plus,i know generations has those 100 missions but seems forces also has those,and the generation ones lasted like a minute at most so the game lenght of this game seems okay to me,i pray to god those 40 acts are all uniqe and not just fodder for the game to last long,though i really cant trust the sonic team about this.

Oh,and,hey,cool ost i guess.They literally named it On The Edge didn't they ? If thats on purpose its hilarous,if not,even more hilarous.