Jump to content
Awoo.

Sonic Forces Digital Comic (Moment of Truth, Stress Test, Looming Shadow, Rise of Infinite)


DiamondX
 Share

Recommended Posts

Well it's...kinda boring. Original the Character is bad at everything and whines a lot but chases off Eggman with a perfect shot, also the Chaotix are there. That's it.

At least it seems this is a standalone thing and not part of IDW Sonic.

  • Thumbs Up 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just finished reading it, wasn't much but a good start.

The art is great as usual and I enjoyed the Chaotix dynamics, seeing Eggman bring a massive battleship to the town makes me hope we'll actually fight in the game since they were already present in the background.

It's wierd that they didn't use Buddy but it's a nice change of pace, I'll admit that the protagonist's constant moping got a little annoying though.

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Creep Dude said:

Just finished reading it, wasn't much but a good start.

The art is great as usual and I enjoyed the Chaotix dynamics, seeing Eggman bring a massive battleship to the town makes me hope we'll actually fight in the game since they were already present in the background.

It's wierd that they didn't use Buddy but it's a nice change of pace, I'll admit that the protagonist's constant moping got a little annoying though.

The parts will probably focus on not only "Failure" and the Chatoix, but other characters.

The red wolf might appear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nicely drawn comic! And it seems instead of going with the idea of 1 single Red Wolf avatar as a stand in for the ones we'll be making... They decided to use multiple OCs to play the part of the avatar! nice choice! Kinda logical there would be more then one rookie if you turned Forces into a non-game story.

But this part...

Untitled.png.17cd7d20bc8d4a0601f6306035436748.png

How long has Sonic/Tails/Amy been heroes in this universe? Sonic is still only 15 right? I doubt Sonic has been a hero since he was a baby... Not sure how that would add up to this new guy's "whole life." Hohoo!

  • Thumbs Up 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Creep Dude said:

Just finished reading it, wasn't much but a good start.

The art is great as usual and I enjoyed the Chaotix dynamics, seeing Eggman bring a massive battleship to the town makes me hope we'll actually fight in the game since they were already present in the background.

It's wierd that they didn't use Buddy but it's a nice change of pace, I'll admit that the protagonist's constant moping got a little annoying though.

 

7 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

The parts will probably focus on not only "Failure" and the Chatoix, but other characters.

The red wolf might appear.

 

The red wolf did appear, first page pannel 4 :U

Red wolf, glasses, only different is the clothing, but that can be chalked up to him not being on the fielt ATM.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

 

 

The red wolf did appear, first page pannel 4 :U

Red wolf, glasses, only different is the clothing, but that can be chalked up to him not being on the fielt ATM.

I wasn't sure if it was him or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah it's him, I already knew Buddy the red wolf made a cameo but I was suprised that they didn't use him as the protagonist for the comic.

It's still a fresh breath of air seeing a different OC though.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there no official link to this? Where are you guys even getting this from? I've checked Flynn's, Aaron's, IDW's and the Sonic Twitter accounts.

I liked the comic. It definitely feels like the Archie comics. I find it interesting that the story is by Sonic Team.  Normally if it means the game it's based on it's "Original Story by...", but here it's just "Story by...". Does that mean this is "canon" to the game?

  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As someone who's familiar with Bryce Thomas' work with Case of the Pirate Princess...the way he's done the Chaotix here is actually really different to then. Vector's changed his shapes substantially, and Espio's faces seem more based off the female characters from that arc than the Espio from that arc (seriously, that last panel with them in shot is just a hum-dinger). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not impressed so far.

Kudos to not making the OC overpowered, but I think going to the polar opposite extreme and making them whiny and incompetent still results in them being a boring, unlikable protagonist.

...But it's just a mini-series to advertise the game and not the new IDW comic, so it's not a big deal.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Creep Dude said:

It's wierd that they didn't use Buddy but it's a nice change of pace, I'll admit that the protagonist's constant moping got a little annoying though.

I dunno, the moping was pretty relatable to me.

It was a fun little comic. I feel like it might've been a bit too short though.

  • Thumbs Up 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was pretty good, though I'd prefer if the spotlight was focused more on the established cast. Unless they plan on making multiple Custom Heroes for this comic series, giving it a set design and personality kind of clashes with the idea of the players creating their own identities for it.

The Chaotix are still as charming as ever, though, and it's nice to see someone remembers that all three of them can hold their own in a fight.

  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Nicely drawn comic! And it seems instead of going with the idea of 1 single Red Wolf avatar as a stand in for the ones we'll be making... They decided to use multiple OCs to play the part of the avatar! nice choice! Kinda logical there would be more then one rookie if you turned Forces into a non-game story.

But this part...

Untitled.png.17cd7d20bc8d4a0601f6306035436748.png

How long has Sonic/Tails/Amy been heroes in this universe? Sonic is still only 15 right? I doubt Sonic has been a hero since he was a baby... Not sure how that would add up to this guy's new guy's "whole life." Hohoo!

I guess LEGO Dimensions Eggman was right, they really have been enemies for over 25 years.

Something something the Chaos Emeralds turned Sonic and everyone who interacts with him into ageless dieties

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love reading Sonic comics where the protagonist is a generic "oh I'm such a failure I can't do anything right I'm so full of self doubt watch me become gradually more confident in the most predictable and vapid way possible" guy. 

  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Chuckle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Zaysho changed the title to Sonic Forces Digital Comic (Moment of Truth, Stress Test, Looming Shadow)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.