Awoo.

Sonic Forces Digital Comic (Moment of Truth, Stress Test, Looming Shadow, Rise of Infinite)

DiamondX

7 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

So in essence that's quite a bit of script change, down to making a reference to a different turn of phrase (and being self-aware of it), and a real life Samurai

Well, the line doesn't have the samurai's name actually mentioned there; I put it in to clarify the phrase in case anybody wanted an easier time googling it.

To clarify for people who don't feel like googling anyway, the simile "like shooting a fan" refers to the legend of Nasu no Yoichi, a warrior in the Battle of Yashima. A woman of the rival Taira clan mounted a folding fan atop a pole on one of the ships and challenged the Minamoto to hit it. Despite the waves rocking the boat, Nasu no Yoichi rode into the ocean and hit bullseye.

As for the change in Vector's phrase, it's basically just the equivalent phrase (since most phrases cannot be one-to-one'd), but with flavour added to suggest Vector doesn't know the phrase off by heart.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh wow, they actually remembered Knuckles' role and the village from Adventure? I'm impressed.

• Thumbs Up 3

I liked it. The art was nice and it's good to see some character rerailment for Knuckles. Though it seems like Silver constantly has his future ruined somehow. Also, I was surprised to see Eggman use the Phantom Ruby.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, GhostlyWind said:

The tweets in question: 

This was a nice one. Silver's panicky expressions were priceless! 

Also the Phantom Ruby DOES create illusions!

So Chaos attacked Knuckles because Eggman was warping the island with illusions? Or was there some other reason?

Somehow I'm getting the feeling the main game itself will only have barely half of the story... for the rest of the story you have to dig into the other media starting with playing Mania. Reading the 4 pre-release comics. Play the Forces Shadow DLC + likely something else too...

Or you know... just read the wiki later. xP

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

can i just say how much i love Adam's art?

Spoiler

DMg13_6VoAANta8.jpg

DMg17GqUQAAaxi8.jpg

really liked this second part, and it's explained how the master emerald is out of this, nice

and it makes me question, is it mere illusions or the phantom ruby brought the village from the past for a brief moment?

• Thumbs Up 4

Something about the art looks different from ABT's usual. It seems a bit more... zany, I guess? Reminds me of Hesse or Skelly. 

Which is a good thing.

2 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Something about the art looks different from ABT's usual. It seems a bit more... zany, I guess? 

I noticed that too, it looks like Adam is trying emulate Tyson's style lol.

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh I didn't realize at first that Chaos in general right there might just be a illusion created by the Phantom Ruby... I guess that could mean ALL the villains except Eggman & Infinite are mere illusions in Sonic Forces.

• Thumbs Up 1

Are the pdf's out? did anybody grab them yet?

Doubt theirs going to be anything this time but you can never be too sure.

Spoiler

Eggman: "The first test of the Phantom Ruby was a success!"

So does this comic take place before Mania, or did the Ruby originate there and then end up in Modern Eggman's possession? 

Also, this seems to indicate that the Ruby creates illusions instead of truly warping reality. So I guess Chaos and the other returning villains really are fakers!

I actually really liked the second issue, coming from someone who didn't care much for the first one. The Knuckles/Silver interactions are great.

If the game has scenes similar to this, then I may be a bit more interested in Forces' story now.

• Thumbs Up 6

12 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Something about the art looks different from ABT's usual. It seems a bit more... zany, I guess? Reminds me of Hesse or Skelly. 

9 minutes ago, Creep Dude said:

I noticed that too, it looks like Adam is trying emulate Tyson's style lol.

I get more Heese vibes, mostly from this panel of Silver.

tumblr_oy2xdmgUmY1udzlioo2_250.png

The circular fists, that eyeshape, I guess that style is pretty popular.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually think this comic in general is a fantastic idea for several reasons. The first reason is that the story in Forces won't need to be bogged down by endless exposition. So they don't need to break the pacing of the story by introducing Silver and explaining why he has come back from the future and stuff like that. By getting this kind of stuff out of the way first, the story can be more tightly paced without going into tangents. The second thing is the fact that the comics have really cool art and are really well written. ABT and Ian Flynn have really done a great job with this for sure. 

I think we know for sure what the Phantom Ruby does now. It can create physical illusions, Phantoms basically. A very powerful effect indeed. But what's really interesting is the fact that Eggman is already in possession of the Phantom Ruby, before the game starts. I wonder why he uses the Phantom Ruby Prototype to create Infinite then? This seems to be getting more and more interesting.

• Thumbs Up 9