Awoo.

Sonic Forces Digital Comic (Moment of Truth, Stress Test, Looming Shadow, Rise of Infinite)

DiamondX

So Infinite joined Eggman because he genuinely wants to help Eggman conquer the world. And even in the game, there's no real indication that he wants to usurp those plans or kick Eggman aside to rule the world himself.

I'm... almost impressed that they didn't resort to the "treacherous monster" cliche, but then I remember that Infinite's still a garbage character and Eggman's not written especially well in Forces either, and that the one time Eggman got a non-traitorous partner it was squandered on a terrible story like this.

• Thumbs Up 6

Sooooooooooo... 

Hold on.

Where the fuck does the Phantom Ruby come from?

What do you MEAN that the Phantom Ruby just shows up literally on Eggman's front door out of nowhere?

And it mysteriously appears in Angel Island through a "dimensional rift"?

What?

And if the Jackal Squad are mercenaries, who hired them?

The whole Phantom Ruby shlock is wasted potential. Mania and Forces handled this plot point very poorly. 

• Thumbs Up 5

19 minutes ago, Blue Wisp said:

Sooooooooooo... 

Hold on.

Where the fuck does the Phantom Ruby come from?

What do you MEAN that the Phantom Ruby just shows up literally on Eggman's front door out of nowhere?

And it mysteriously appears in Angel Island through a "dimensional rift"?

What?

And if the Jackal Squad are mercenaries, who hired them?

The whole Phantom Ruby shlock is wasted potential. Mania and Forces handled this plot point very poorly. 

Such an inportant thing in these two games.. and we still have no idea where it actually came from. Oye..

The Jackal Squad were raiding Eggman's base for technology to sell it for money.

Yup. Who had it first..? Classic or Modern Eggman? Why did it end up in the Classic dimension? How did it go to the Modern dimension? If Modern had it first, why'd it go to the Classic dimension? Why was it on his front porch? 

This is just such a mess..

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Super Mechanio said:

I like that in the game, Shadow beats Infinite in a fight and Infinite's all like "I AM NOT WEAK URRRRGGH" and gets really mad about it.

...But here, Eggman beats Infinite in a fight, and Infinite immediately agrees to be his minion.

I guess it was because Eggman complimented him rather than call him pathetic? Who knew Infinite responded well to positive reinforcement?

He just slapped him too. Like wow, that's all it took?

God dammit everything with Infinite is just the...it's the fucking worst! I owe Shadow a huge apology.  He's so much better then the wet fart we have now, I mean just arrrrrhg! I can't even, I just-

WzClQha.gif

• Chuckle 3

The format definitely works against this one, with the Phantom Ruby appearing abruptly and nonsensically, and Infinite instantly agreeing to join Eggman.  Given that the Phantom Ruby creates "real illusions," maybe it's constantly projecting illusions just to itself and can generate functional illusory space-time warps that teleport it about the universe(s)?  It's never really explained why it can warp stuff in canon, too, so I think I'll just quietly headcanon that.

I quite enjoyed this last comic otherwise, though.  It was genuinely refreshing seeing a gang of villainous animals around, and seeing proto-Infinite actually enjoying himself for a change, relishing in his success and ambitious, kind of made him actually likeable; gave something to relate to.  It cannot be overstated how much Shadow ruined this character.  Here we had someone who was powerful and content on their own merits, worked for Eggman on his own terms - and then he just happened to run into the most overpowered person in the world, and learnt that the only way to be really strong was to be a lone wolf with science magic.  What a waste.  His backstory's "Modern Fang the Sniper" vibe is just so much fresher.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Honestly Sonic Team should also include these promo comics in the Forces game as free DLC that you can unlock to read while in game... considering they do contain meaningful story elements for Forces afterall.  Just seems like a smart move to me.

Ha. That'd require SEGA and Sonic Team to use their brains for once.

Spoiler

Nope. Have a Nega Wisp Armor instead.

• Chuckle 2

Could someone post the panel of Eggman hitting Infinite?

The comic is down for me now, and I'm no longer able to read it.

12 minutes ago, Super Mechanio said:

Could someone post the panel of Eggman hitting Infinite?

The comic is down for me now, and I'm no longer able to read it.

LGeOYUo.jpg

vWGKnrh.png

Here you go! Eggman master of the slap!

PS: Dono why... something makes me feel like Infinite is into S&M...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Looked like he pushed Infinite away rather than slapped him but okay. XD

Anyway, this comic was alright. It was nice to see why Infinite decided to join Dr Eggman I guess, but it still doesn’t save this character from being really weak. Even his admittedly cool edgy design does not save him! 

And the Phantom Ruby is still a dumb ol’ mystery that will never be solved. Did it seriously just pop up on Eggman’s doorstep? Come on...

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm OK with not having an origin story behind the Phantom Ruby itself, but it is annoying to see that there's no reason why the Ruby is just on Eggman's doorstep. I'll just settle with incredible convenience on Eggman's part when the Ruby teleported with Mania Sonic to Modern's world.

I guess having this comic fill in the gaps is better than nothing, but it's really lame on Sonic Team's behalf to leave a comic to fill in the gaps that the game's story should have already established. There are so many cool concepts here not utilized in the game. Was it intentional on Sega's behalf to make Force's story incomplete and shove half of the details onto the comic? Very questionable decision.

Really, I would have even been perfectly fine with the lack of a proper Eggman Empire in Forces if Eggman just said something along the lines of "I need more time to accomplish my visions" or something like that. Really, it'd take one single sentence.

• Thumbs Up 3

I liked the irony in Orbot telling Cubot that calling the stone a “sapphire” wouldn’t make sense, since it’s not  blue. It’s obviously a joke towards why they’re called Chaos Emeralds, when only one of them is green. I also liked the Sonic Shuffle reference.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

I suppose the actual ruby is from mania,it teleports classic sonic and itself to Forces dimension,then Eggman founds (tho it literally fell to his doorstep) it and kicks the events of the game

3 hours ago, McGroose said:

I'm OK with not having an origin story behind the Phantom Ruby itself, but it is annoying to see that there's no reason why the Ruby is just on Eggman's doorstep. I'll just settle with incredible convenience on Eggman's part when the Ruby teleported with Mania Sonic to Modern's world.

The Ruby doesn't need an origin story per-say, the Chaos Emeralds don't. But there could at least be.. something! We don't to know how they were made, or whatever, but we need context like a legend or something. We don't even know which Eggman had it first. We don't know where the prototypes come into this. We don't know why it travels dimensions. It's literally just a rock that fell from the sky, conveniently at Eggman's doorstep.

• Thumbs Up 2

That's a push he was in the air he hit the ground it's gonna hurt. No one slaps flat palmed and straight. That's called pushing someone away

5 minutes ago, Tyranno said:

I'm worried about Ian guys.

I thought that's what scourge used to become super scourge?