Awoo.

Sonic Forces Digital Comic (Moment of Truth, Stress Test, Looming Shadow, Rise of Infinite)

DiamondX

I expected a bit more from this comic, especially with dat cliffhanger ending, but I liked it. The art was on point once again and Omega is still a badass. 

And Infinite is edgy. Heh...

@Spookmmetra and she’s with Knuckles! Kinda random unless it’s a reference to how Sally and Knux knew each other pre-Archie reboot. 

Seeing Team Dark in this comic makes me they were playable in Forces. Yeah I know Shadow is playable but you know what I mean

That explains what Shadow is doing in Episode Shadow. And Omega was transported to Sunset Heights. I wonder if they're still GUN agents..

I'm still confused about how it all fits together.. Eggman's taken over the world, and made Green Hill all sandy and ruined the city while Sonic is still around?

Infinite seems to be less serious and more.... playful than I expected, I like it.

Hope he is like this is the games.

Also I hope Omega is just as good as he was in Chronicles and the Archie comics.

• Thumbs Up 4

Another good comic. If nothing else, these are pretty successful at making me more interested in Forces' story, which I admittedly had very little interest in until now. Looking forward to seeing more.

So, Sally Acorn exists in the canon of these comics. And these comics have been confirmed to be canon.

I know this doesn’t really mean anything significant, but I can’t help myself.

SALLY ACORN IS CANON! WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 3

15 minutes ago, Razule said:

That explains what Shadow is doing in Episode Shadow. And Omega was transported to Sunset Heights. I wonder if they're still GUN agents..

I'm still confused about how it all fits together.. Eggman's taken over the world, and made Green Hill all sandy and ruined the city while Sonic is still around?

The story is kinda confusing as of npw but these events apparently happen while Sonic was captured.

Just now, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

The story is kinda confusing as of npw but these events apparently happen while Sonic was captured.

Nope, Modern GHZ takes place before Sonic was captured, so Eggman turned GHZ into a desert while Sonic was still okay. Maybe not conquered the world yet, now that part is confusing.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Forterror-Metallix said:

Oh, hey- Bunnie's there, too! And she even has her old hat! (Pic to the bottom left:)

Hide contents

DNE4_UqX4AIVAwX.jpg

I thought that was Tails.

4 minutes ago, Joseph Henry said:

Nope, Modern GHZ takes place before Sonic was captured, so Eggman turned GHZ into a desert while Sonic was still okay. Maybe not conquered the world yet, now that part is confusing.

If you're talking about how Space Port seemingly refers to Sonic being defeated at Park Avenue, I wouldn't say he's been captured for sure yet

On one hand, you have this bit of dialog, "We need a shuttle to get to Sonic in time", which makes it seem like Sonic has been captured, or they're chasing Sonic down to keep up with him:

But there's also these two clips from the introduction trailer, which feature both the Avatar and Sonic running towards a shuttle, which also shows up in the Death Egg cutscene, making it seem more like the latter imo

Dj9A5aY.gif

fMSac3q.gif

I like Rouge’s response to losing Omega’s signal, it gives a believable response to possibly losing a friend. I’m guessing this is the prologue for the Shadow DLC? Strange to see a prologue for a prologue. It was still good though.

• Thumbs Up 4

20 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I thought that was Tails.

It actually makes sense to be Bunnie, since she also made a cameo in the first issue

bottom of the first panel

Spoiler

DL82ND3VoAAiC8Y.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

For some reason, I'm still married to the idea that Omega isn't officially an agent and just agrees to help out Shadow and Rouge when he can because he wants to gun down Eggman and his robots. 

It's believable that he wouldn't heed any warnings about recon which is why Rouge probably should have been doing this instead. Granted if Infinite got to her then there'd be even less of her left but she's better at sneaking around and not making a scene than a literal walking arsenal with his settings set to 100 for murder and destruction.

Still. Lovely comic. Still think Stress Test was better but this is serviceable.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

The thing I don't get is why they sent Omega on a recon mission and not Rouge.

My guess is because Omega can be fixed and G.U.N. ain't risking their best agent.

This was a fun one. I kinda wish Ian wrote Omega more snarky like he did in Archie but still fun seeing the Tank Crush all Eggman Robots. The Sally and Bunnie cameos were cute I'm sure that was all Adam. Bonus points for Bunnie having her cowboy hat.

This was brisker than the other comics to me. Like I read this one quick. Not really a complaint but is it just me or did this one seem to read fast to anyone else?

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Nice Smile 1

41 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

If you're talking about how Space Port seemingly refers to Sonic being defeated at Park Avenue, I wouldn't say he's been captured for sure yet

On one hand, you have this bit of dialog, "We need a shuttle to get to Sonic in time", which makes it seem like Sonic has been captured, or they're chasing Sonic down to keep up with him:

But there's also these two clips from the introduction trailer, which feature both the Avatar and Sonic running towards a shuttle, which also shows up in the Death Egg cutscene, making it seem more like the latter imo

Dj9A5aY.gif

fMSac3q.gif

These cutscenes probably already take place on the death egg and knuckles and the others just took a different-looking shuttle.

I noticed that Omega’s mission statement was to “defeat Eggman”, not “destroy Eggman”. I guess he’s mellowed out a bit.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

23 minutes ago, Nuggets said:

I might just be blind but where are you guys seeing the Freedom Fighter cameos 

Looks at the pictures in the Rouge shots.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

Interesting comic.  Seemed to be over very quickly, but while I felt the last comic if anything gave too much away, this is a bit better at being intriguing; as presented, we have absolutely no idea what Infinite did to Omega, just that it was devastatingly effective.  There's slightly more of a horror element to the presentation of Infinite, too.

Regarding the question of roles, I'm guessing they decided that Rouge was maybe a little bit better at co-ordination.  Perhaps they also hoped that Omega would blend in better in a factory full of Eggman robots, but the guy is almost literally a loose cannon, and this is the result.