Awoo.

Sonic Forces Digital Comic (Moment of Truth, Stress Test, Looming Shadow, Rise of Infinite)

DiamondX

4 minutes ago, Crazy_Diamond said:

Holy shit, I just found a bombshell. There are a shitton of hidden images in the cover of this comic!

54v6g0K.jpg

Is that Infinite with a fucking sword.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 3

8 minutes ago, Creep Dude said:

Did we just get a peek of Infinite without his mask? 

I think so. Here is a clearer shoot of him, along with the rest of the art I haven't uploaded.

So7gr0u.jpg

rzinlNe.jpg

kc8JYfw.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

My reaction if that was Infinite and he came from another dimension /w the Ruby: "yeeeEEEEEESSSSS THAT'S EXACTLY THE WARRIOR VILLAIN I WAS HOPING FOR"

My reaction as him as the resident of Sonic's world he is in the first place, before transformation presumably: "... This won't end well..."

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, The Deleter said:

My reaction if that was Infinite and he came from another dimension /w the Ruby: "yeeeEEEEEESSSSS THAT'S EXACTLY THE WARRIOR VILLAIN I WAS HOPING FOR"

My reaction as him as the resident of Sonic's world he is in the first place, before transformation presumably: "... This won't end well..."

I'm ready to throw the towel

Unless he is a warrior that also Avatar's friend (which doesn't make sense)

....Or the blade is just for symbolism.

Just now, Joseph Henry said:

I'm ready to throw the towel

Unless he is a warrior that also Avatar's friend (which doesn't make sense)

....Or the blade is just for symbolism.

I mean Nakamura already said that he was an anthro just like Sonic and the Avatar before the game, wasn't always evil, ruby isn't naturally a part of him, etc...

Unless that possibly happened in a separate dimension in the first place, and the transformation happened there...

*crosses fingers*

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what would suck? If this comic had sequences that put the game to shame.

I would've preferred another free DLC. Something about this rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

1 minute ago, does it really matter said:

You know what would suck? If this comic had sequences that put the game to shame.

I would've preferred another free DLC.

What's funny is that I think some of these ARE for the DLC. Two of them were titled "shadowdlclines" and "shadowdlclayout". It's a real mystery what these are for and why they are here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Crazy_Diamond said:

What's funny is that I think some of these ARE for the DLC. Two of them were titled "shadowdlclines" and "shadowdlclayout". It's a real mystery what these are for and why they are here.

I don't think it's much of a mystery. This is supposed to be a four part series; I would assume these are work-in-progress leftovers for the covers of the other 3 comics.

7 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I don't think it's much of a mystery. This is supposed to be a four part series; I would assume these are work-in-progress leftovers for the covers of the other 3 comics.

Yeah, I am pretty sure that's true. These are most likely something that ABT intentionally left behind while working on the other covers. But what makes it mysterious is the content of the covers. A lot of this stuff are things you expect to see in the game itself. Like for instance,  Infinite's face, Knuckles and Silver fighting Chaos, Shadow and Omega fighting Infinite, Eggman with the Phantom Ruby, etc. It seems strange to address this stuff in a comic and not in a game, especially since you'd expect them to show Shadow and Omega fighting Infinite in the DLC. Hell, the files even have dlc in the name. I just find it strange is all.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Oh lord the villian uses a sword, talk about edgy, are people now upset cause he has a sword? (im kidding i like it) Anyway most likely this was him before eggman got to him

59 minutes ago, Crazy_Diamond said:

It seems like they really want to make this game seem bigger than it actually is. Don't get me wrong, I love Sonic and am really hoping this game is at least decent, but I feel like this game is really being blown up to being a much more massive game, while most players will probably finish it in one sitting, easily.

Someone on these forums (have no clue who or what thread at this point) said that the story has all the bearings of being a grand finale. While I would love this game to actually have some form of a conclusion to one Sonic canon, with Eggman being locked up or getting some form of justice, I feel like the ending will revert to the same goofy, "Oh, I hope Eggman learned his lesson this time. Destroying entire cities and endangering an entire planet is a big no no". I really want to be proven wrong.

But this type of marketing, to me, is truly indicative of how disconnected Sega is from their core audience. Just make a good game with a decent story that does justice to these characters. Don't worry so much about making cheap gimmicks to evolve the series or use this type of marketing to make it seem like a massive, triple A game when it really isn't. I want a Sonic game where I can care about the story and characters again, without it taking itself too seriously, while of course enjoying the hell out of the gameplay.

Just now, goku262002 said:

Wait hold on, explain this again. HOW exactly were these images found?

Get the PDF version of the cover page (check Woun's post at the start of the thread), open it in Photoshop, and look through the layers.

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Get the PDF version of the cover page (check Woun's post at the start of the thread), open it in Photoshop, and look through the layers.

Don't have photoshop but I get what you mean.

This just proves it then, these were soo rushed out that Adam didn't even proofcheck. I don't how much of it was just teasing that Aaron did at NYCC when he said if we wanted a Forces comic but maybe it was actually approved and commissioned in that short length of time.

@Woun, be sure to get the .PDFs as soon as they release. doubt a second mistake will happen again but who knows.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll be honest, if he does have a sword I don't really see the issue. It's kind of a big "So what?" I was kind of expecting that Eggman just turned the dude into one huge Swiss-Army Knife of random shit anyway.

"He needs lasers. And teleportation. He needs to fly. Oh and he can make cubes... magic cubes! And maybe a sword? Sure why not?!" - Furiously typing this into his computer.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I'll be honest, if he does have a sword I don't really see the issue. It's kind of a big "So what?" I was kind of expecting that Eggman just turned the dude into one huge Swiss-Army Knife of random shit anyway

If there's anything I've learned from this game, it's that people care immensely about things that make me think "so what?".

It really does seem like Eggy just pumped this guy full of whatever shit he felt like though, I agree with that. It kind of reminds me of those old "Terios" concepts for Shadow that just had a melting monster hedgehog, even if I know it's not like that.

• Thumbs Up 3

It seriously pains me how much of a shitshow this game and it's story are going to end up being. I mean it LOOKS real epic and exciting but it all reeks of amateur hour fanfiction, and that's without counting the self-insert OC and 'couldn't-be-a-bigger-parody-of-edgy-fanfics-if-it-was-fucking-intentional' main villain OC.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Crazy_Diamond said:

Holy shit, I just found a bombshell. There are a shitton of hidden images in the cover of this comic!

mQY8Ads.jpg

54v6g0K.jpg

3RYvGat.jpg

nfrHkUW.jpg

I was hoping they were gonna use different avatar characters.

Infinte has a sword also O_O

Maybe the third part would focus on the Shadow DLC.

IS THAT CHAOS IN THE LAST ONE