Awoo.

New Sonic 3 Remastered project (not by Taxman, I presume)

molul

Yeah, I've been following the progress of this one.

It's in early stages. Neither Taxman, Stealth or PagodaWest are involved.

This is the guy who is working on the unofficial version of Sonic 3 Remastered:

Interestingly he's also a Programming Assistant on A Hat in Time, so he knows what he's doing by the sound of it.

• Thumbs Up 3

If I was Taxman I'd urge Sega to hire this guy for the Mania Team to make an official Sonic 3 Remastered.

At least, if this new project is finished, it's going to be on Android ("eventually", says the disclaimer) :)

• 1 month later...

I've been following this project too, it looks cool.

I hope it gets completed, I can't wait to play the definitive edition of Sonic 3 (gimme that widescreen).

34 minutes ago, Jar Jar Analysis 1138 said:

The definitive Sonic 3k was already made wasn't it?

Not sure what you're thinking of, but for most people a definitive version of Sonic 3 would be comparable to the mobile ports of Sonic 1, 2, and CD. Sonic 3 never received a mobile remaster like that.

1 hour ago, EmmBee said:

Not sure what you're thinking of, but for most people a definitive version of Sonic 3 would be comparable to the mobile ports of Sonic 1, 2, and CD. Sonic 3 never received a mobile remaster like that.

Sonic 3 Complete...

That thing, it's the recent definitive version...

3 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Sonic 3 Complete...

That thing, it's the recent definitive version...

And that's just a fan hack. I'm really only thinking of official releases, from Sega themselves.

Sure, fans can go and download that and will be happy, but there's no "definitive" version of the game for the uninformed consumer. Something that someone could just go and purchase legally.