Awoo.

PlayStation Paris Games Week Conference - Streaming on Motobug - 30th October - 3pm GMT/9am EST

Ryannumber1gamer

So, as PlayStation usually does every year, they're doing another PlayStation Conference this year during the Paris Game Show, where various game details will be told and some announcements are confirmed as being announced. As usual, Motobug will be streaming the conference that will be playing at 3pm GMT/9am EST. 

Where to Watch: 

Motobug

Playstation's YT Channel

PlayStation's Twitch Channel

Time/Date: 

30th October 2017 - 3pm GMT/9am EST

Possible Games: 

-Spider Man

-God of War 

-Detroit 

-Many more.

Feel free to discuss rumours and what games you hope is being shown off.

• Thumbs Up 1

So there's a rumor about a sequel to the infamous PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale... Which will be first revealed (this month) in cinematic form. It has Crash, Kratos, Aloy (Horizon ZD) and Morgana (Persona) throwing punches at each other. Thoughs?

17 minutes ago, Jango said:

So there's a rumor about a sequel to the infamous PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale... Which will be first revealed (this month) in cinematic form. It has Crash, Kratos, Aloy (Horizon ZD) and Morgana (Persona) throwing punches at each other. Thoughs?

I'm hoping this is true. I loved the original PSASBR until the Kill Confirm system utterly ruined it. If they brought it back and fixed the fighting system, I'd be all for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a funny story with PSASBR. I enjoyed the hell out of it during the open beta, but when I've finally bought it... I can't remember a single memorable match. Not to mention the angsty that was before release, rumors about Crash and Spyro all around, sadly deconfirmed over and over, fake leaks, fucking GoW everywhere, 2 freaking Coles instead of Abe or Ryu...

This sequel will have a lot to fix. If the rumor is true, which I still don't buy it, at least fucking Crash is there.

My thoughts are the same as Ryan, but so far the rumors and leaks seem way too convenient to be true. At least there's not much time to tell if it will be true or not.
On another note, being an event in Paris, i'm pretty sure we're gonna hear more about David Cage's new game, probably a release date or something.

EDIT: and now i just realized that if the PSASBR 2 leak turns out to be true there's a high chance for Knack to be a character in it.

tenor.gif

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

At least we'll be able to knack his ass with the superior platforming hero.

And yeah, the rumor is veeeerrry convenient... I could give the game another chance tho'. I didn't loved, but I didn't hated either. 

Also, Joel and Ellie, please?

I still want the leak to be true. PSASBR is a game that had so much fucking potential only to get bogged down with nonsense like badly programmed fighting systems allowing ToDs and Kill Confirms.

Assuming third-parties are in if the Persona rumour is true, Monokuma from Danganronpa wouldn't be a half-bad choice since the DR series is exclusive to PS and PC. Sora would be an absolute must-have and I could see Activision placing Spyro in to test the waters from Crash's success with N Sane Trilogy.

In terms of first party characters, Iota, Joel/Ellie, Clank and Daxter would be nice.

12 minutes ago, Teospooker said:

EDIT: and now i just realized that if the PSASBR 2 leak turns out to be true there's a high chance for Knack to be a character in it.

tenor.gif

> implying this is a problem

Yeah, if the rumour was true, I'd quite enjoy that. We'll just have to wait and see.

Until Dawn and Last of Us definitely I feel should have a good shot of getting a character rep.(Michael from UD would be my pick given how much of a wise ass he can be), and if 3rd parties are showing up, yeah either a Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts character please. For FF, maybe Reynn/Lann or Cloud, and KH, Sora or Aqua. Metal Gear also would be nice to see included again, if Konami is willing to comply 

REG: Playstation Battle 2.

Honestly... it's not a bad idea to give it a second outting so long as they COMPLETELY alter the scoring system and support the damn thing this time, there's clearly a market for this kind of game so why not?

But... not holding out much on this one.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Honestly... it's not a bad idea to give it a second outting so long as they COMPLETELY alter the scoring system and support the damn thing this time, there's clearly a market for this kind of game so why not?

I don't think the scoring in of itself was that terrible an idea. The risk VS reward system was actually a pretty cool way of doing things IMO. Risk trying to go for Level 3 for a lot of kills, but potentially being killed first/wasting too much time, or using lower level supers that are harder to land but cheaper to afford. The real point the scoring system became a problem were Kill Confirms because it basically turned the game from a fun brawler game like Smash into just a bullshit tedious mess of joining a game, getting insta-locked into a combo, and then getting killed without a chance to break free or react. The very idea one punch was enough to fuck over the entire game for you is what ruined it.

52 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Based on the rumor roundup above your post, it sounds like they’re doing a LOT of changes to the gameplay. If the rumor is true, they may have gotten Crash and Spyro in this time.

I'd be up for a Battle Royale sequel, ESPECIALLY if it has Crash. However, the original soured on me after a while due to a few key problems (repetitive single-player experience with next-to-no worthwhile unlockables and those absolutely WORTHLESS Minion things at the forefront), so I hope if they do plan on making a second one, they'll flesh out the game a bit more.

I want them to fully expand the levelling system in PSASBR2 if the rumour is true. The idea of levelling your characters up individually and getting rewards for doing so was a brilliant idea, encouraging playing multiple characters to unlock new things. But...all the good things were unlocked after level 100 and literally everything for a character was unlocked after level 300. There needs to be a lot more costumes, intros, outros, and winning themes that unlock all the way up to 999.

13 hours ago, KHCast said:

Until Dawn and Last of Us definitely I feel should have a good shot of getting a character rep.(Michael from UD would be my pick given how much of a wise ass he can be), and if 3rd parties are showing up, yeah either a Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts character please. For FF, maybe Reynn/Lann or Cloud, and KH, Sora or Aqua. Metal Gear also would be nice to see included again, if Konami is willing to comply 

If the leak is to be believed, Noctis is the Square character, so not much to interpretation here; i can see that considering when the first game came out everyone wanted Lightning because Lightning Returns was developed around that time (besides, if Cloud could get into Smash with barely any relevance to Nintendo, i don't see why this can't happen). Konami is a wild card on the other hand because its recent schizofrenic behavior, so i'm not gonna bother giving an hypotesis.
The only one i'm not seeing suitable from your quote is anyone from Until Dawn: much like with David Cage games published by Sony, i don't see much potential for an effective character moveset, not for an action game of this kind at least. As a stage though, sure.

6 hours ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

I'm not a PSASBR fan, but is inFAMOUS in it? I think it's a PS exclusive, right?

Maybe we could get Delsin?

It is, official Sony IP developed by Sucker Punch (so far, at least). The problem was that in the first game they decided to use Cole in both his incarnations of the second inFamous, one based on the good karma and one based on the bad karma. Effectively two characters, prompting many to think they wasted a character slot for doing that.

Noctis I guess makes sense given FFXV being pushed hard. Tho I figured since this will likely come around FF7R episode 1, marketing that game with cloud showing up made sense. Though if there's another square rep, I'd hope KH got some love 

Regarding UD, you never know, Smash had picks people thought were impractical and had no moveset potential

Watch as they add two Delsins :P

Well, at least he's a better character than Cole McMeh. They could pick Fetch, tho'.

BTW, the leak also says a demo will be playable at PSX. Do Sony usually reveal new stuff during these Paris Games events? Because I still don't buy it 100%, it's a small fair, isn't it?

Cool. Wonder when VV and Activision will start teasing more Crash or even better, Spyro. Because they will. Oh yeah, they will. Destiny 2 is out and there's no more Skylanders in the horizon. The path is open for the bandicoot and the dragon.

Where's this from? 4Chan? It sounds fake.

3 hours ago, Jango said:

Watch as they add two Delsins :P

Well, at least he's a better character than Cole McMeh. They could pick Fetch, tho'.

BTW, the leak also says a demo will be playable at PSX. Do Sony usually reveal new stuff during these Paris Games events? Because I still don't buy it 100%, it's a small fair, isn't it?

PSX is PlayStation Experience, not Paris Games Week.

It got spread around a bit on everywhere, including obviously /v/ but stuff like NeoGAF as well. This would still not be enough, but what lets me give at least the benefit of the doubt is that apparently one of these sources was a UK journalist who supposedly saw both the trailer and an early build.
Aside from my rule of thumbs with leaks i'm still skeptical myself, that's also why i didn't wanted to talk about this until it was posted by someone else, but compared to other leaks i've seen during the years, this has elements at least to be plausible.