Awoo.

Weston Super Sonic 2017

Badnik Mechanic

b5ce5b0ab493b0ccadc92d8b5be22186_origina

So it's that time of the year again! SSMB we're all off to Weston Super Mare this weekend for Weston Super Sonic, an event which is quickly becoming the UK Sonic Fandoms Beano down at the seaside!

Claire and Jono are once again hosting the little event at the Grand Pier and it looks set to be a great little event.

Guests include STC artist Ferran, who is coming all the way for Spain. And several Sonic Mania staff members.

Keeping this brief because tickets are sadly all gone now, though if you email them maybe you'll get lucky I don't know.

Anyone from SSMB going? I'll be there, along with my stall of precious Sonic things. Come and say hi! 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1194005141/weston-super-sonic-2017-sonic-the-hedgehog-convent

• Thumbs Up 2

Yup, will be down on the Friday and through the weekend. It was a great day last time, a bit quieter than some other cons but it makes it more personal, you know? Don't think I could take my LP to get signed by the Mania guys, might just take the game code slip instead. If anyone is up for a pre con meet up, me and a couple of guys will be on the pier at 15:00 or so (insert meetup page here)

https://www.facebook.com/events/282214872259464

Since this is Sonic-related, it would better fit in Green Hill Zone, so it's been moved.

I'm hoping you guys have fun, since I'm not going this year. (Learned about the actual event date too late and had some scheduling problems around it…)

Heard great things about WSS so really looking forward to coming across to Weston Super Mare for the first time.

If anyone is after tickets we've had a few last minute cancellations for the regular tickets. Either give me a buzz on here or email me at westonsupersonic@gmail.com

We're hoping it will be another fun event. We've got some of our regular artists and traders returning. One of the new artists has promised something really exciting, so it might be worth keeping your eyes peeled for that! We will also be bringing back the Cosplay competition, Art competition and Speed Run competition. Hopefully we should be receiving some awesome rewards from Sega Europe for those. We're currently watching the front door for their arrival!

Our Speed Run this year is Crisis City Act 2 from Sonic Generations, which will be running most of the day. So you'll have lots of chances to try and beat the best time!

We also have a few events happening around the event. The Sonic Show are putting on an event on stage (I've been left in the dark about what it is, but it should be good!), as well as a Q&A with Tom Fry and Kieran Gates about Sonic Mania. Later on they will also be hosting an informal art workshop in our art area, so any budding artists can ask them questions on how to draw certain things or just enjoy drawing with the pros!

We'll also have the appearance of not one, but two Super Sonic mascots! We found some of the younger fans have been terrified of Fleetway Super Sonic, so we also now have a regular Modern Super Sonic. Both will be wandering about during the day.

And of course, there will be cake!

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Rurifuu said:

We found some of the younger fans have been terrified of Fleetway Super Sonic

As it should be.

• Thumbs Up 1

Aww, one of the only conventions I'd actually be interested in going to in the UK and I'm all the way in Huddersfield. :( I have such a soft spot for the Fleetway comics and nobody talks about them anymore. Really sucks being a poor student.

46 minutes ago, Skooks said:

Aww, one of the only conventions I'd actually be interested in going to in the UK and I'm all the way in Huddersfield. :( I have such a soft spot for the Fleetway comics and nobody talks about them anymore. Really sucks being a poor student.

Send me a PM if you're on the lookout for any Sonic comics. Have tons that I'm taking on the day to sell. Odds are I'll have some left over.

• Thumbs Up 1

Had a really enjoyable day yesterday at WSS. Managed to get chatting to a number of people including the guests and panelists. I'll have a review up on my blog soon and start adding some stuff on my Twitter tomorrow but thanks to the organisers for making this a big success. Looking forward to the next one :-)

• 4 weeks later...