Awoo.

Sonic Forces - Space Port Gameplay

Patron

9 minutes ago, McGroose said:

I could've sworn you've done that before, either you or Diogenes That's actually why I mentioned that. Sorry If I'm mistaken, but I know someone did here before.  

Lmao, people outside of youtube are saying that Forces is great? That's just the exact opposite extreme of everyone saying that Forces is horrible. I don't think either opinion is true in that regard. I doubt some people here think that the game is great, they just don't think it's dogshit. Anyone arguing that the game is great, good luck to them.

Ive learned to just try...i said try lol to listen to both sides here now or risk getting a ban hammer tossed at me try i g to defend it haha  I go segas site to do that. Everyone has a view and right to express it...i think

8 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

My heart was racing the entire time ibeas watching this . I am beyond excited and pumped for this game.  Lord the 7th can't come fast enough

Which parts did you like the most? The events happening on screen look flashy, but the player isn't actually doing much. The level will play out almost that exact same way regardless of player input every time you play it. That huge cutscene in the middle of the level is going to be cool maybe once, but it's not exactly engaging to watch it over and over. It's like the whale chase in Emerald Coast; exciting the first time (especially back in 1999) but not on future runs.

I really don't like this game and I know you really do like it, so please try to read this only as genuine curiosity and not as a slight against your enthusiasm.

What do you like here?

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

You press a button and skip out huge segments or instantly pass through enemies without any thought or additional input from yourself.

How do you get any enjoyment from that other than the visual effects?

Isn't the boost exactly this?

I don't think QTEs belong in a platformer. All they do is break the flow. I guess, Generations' tricks were all right, mainly when you got that upgrade where you just had to hold the sticks in a direction and he went crazy, though lol

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Blue Blood said:

Which parts did you like the most? The events happening on screen look flashy, but the player isn't actually doing much. The will play out that almost that exact same way regardless of player input every time you play it. That huge cutscene in the middle of the level is going to be cool maybe once, but it's not exactly engaging to watch it over and over. It's like the whale chase in Emerald Coast; exciting the first time (especially back in 1999) but not on future runs.

I really don't like this game and I know you really do like it, so please try to read this only as genuine curiosity and not as a slight against your enthusiasm.

For me the train sequence. I'd not see that coming plus it was actually running pretty smooth in I'd. I watched it on ps4

2 minutes ago, nilesdobbs said:

Isn't the boost exactly this?

I cite the post you just quoted as my reply to this.

Well, the graphics look nice.

...and that's all the compliments I can think of.

The music's not doing much for me either. The level design in this game is bloody terrible.

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

For me the train sequence. I'd not see that coming plus it was actually running pretty smooth in I'd. I watched it on ps4

So you liked it because of a cut scene?

• Thumbs Up 1

Whats horrible is that the level aesthetically is phenomenal. As mentioned, you get the feeling that you really are infiltrating Eggman's flying Chemical Plant. It's very well done. It's just piled inside of it is some of the worst level design ive seen grace a Sonic game. If they could just tap in their inner Sonic Generation and make QTEs/Setpeices more player controlled, they would have something much more better and actually acceptable. Unfortunately it wont be happening in this game, but i have hopes for it turning around in a future title. Hopefully if everyone makes enough noise about the horrid level design, it will become the main focus change in the next title. Forces is already doomed, there's no saving it this close to release. Sega needs a re-examination, but luckily not one as bad as Sonic 06. 

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Cayenne said:

Well, yeah, this level could be a bit better if we had more active enemies and 3D segments, but I still think that it's far from being completely awful. The Drill Wispon looks very fun to use, imo.

Umm how about level gimmicks like the air-pump tubes and bouncy jelly areas that Mania chemical plant had or anything else? The one from Forces seems to not really have anything to mess and play with outside of QTEs. How does a nearly empty level look fine? The lack of level content is the kinda stuff i expect from fangames... and not from Sonic Team.

4 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Which parts did you like the most? The events happening on screen look flashy, but the player isn't actually doing much. The will play out that almost that exact same way regardless of player input every time you play it. That huge cutscene in the middle of the level is going to be cool maybe once, but it's not exactly engaging to watch it over and over. It's like the whale chase in Emerald Coast; exciting the first time (especially back in 1999) but not on future runs.

Nah I understand you don't like it and noting wrong with that I can be a defensive type to things I love.  I blame old age

26 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

So you liked the part where you weren't playing, just watching what's basically a Saturday Morning Cartoon?

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

So you liked it because of a cut scene?

No I liked the gameplay leading into it. It was a nice little addition to get to the next area. It's basically a short qte cutscenes you can hear the ques in it.

3 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Also if people who do like the game are complaining at those who don't, maybe they should make the argument explaining why its great?

Not trying to "complain at those". Sorry if it came out that way. I'm all for fair criticism, but this all seems kind of excessive. Just kinda tired of ALL the hate. I wasn't any good at debate class, but... eh, I'll give it a shot. What the heck, worst it's gonna get me is angry internet comments.

Well, (strictly my opinion here.), this game has the return of vocal music (always a plus in my book, it was sorely missing in Lost World). It's been a while since we've had them, and Infinite's theme has me particularly hyped. It's the return of a gameplay style that, while not MY personal favorite, at the very least has proven to work well enough (what with Colors and Generations). There's even the introduction of custom created characters. Now while I personally wasn't really calling to create my own character in a Sonic game, I am excited to give it a go now that it's an option. Icing on the cake, y'know? And all of this takes place in what appears to be a more involved story than what has been for the last few years or so. As someone who became a Sonic fan after playing Sonic Adventure 2, this is a very welcome inclusion. Then add on top of that Episode Shadow, and POSSIBLE Episodes later on, and now I'm even more excited. The extended cast of characters are also here. Sure, they aren't playable, but having them appear during levels with their conversations, Kid Icarus Uprising style, and presumably having a larger role in the game narratively than they had in the past few years (the prerelease comics help this even more), well, that's the next best thing as far as I'm concerned.

I might have handed out a "best game ever" award if maybe Classic Sonic did stick to Mania and there were other types of gameplay to differentiate and add variety, but the presence of Classic Sonic isn't the worst problem to have, even if I don't LOVE him.

At the end of the day, I'll probably enjoy this game.

6 minutes ago, Dizcrybe said:

If you don't understand why people aren't happy with the game at this point, you're just not listening.

Believe me, I try. I read the complaints and cross reference with the gameplay, see things from a different point of view, y'know?  and.... I honestly just don't see anything heinous.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, doctorbenMD said:

So you liked the part where you weren't playing, just watching what's basically a Saturday Morning Cartoon?

Not sure but even if a qte  it's playing

Just now, Meta77 said:

Not sure but even if a qte  it's playing

The only QTE is at the very end, the rest is entirely automatic. About 20 seconds of no player input, then one single button press. This is not "playing".

• Thumbs Up 3

It's time to retroactively remove Colors from the series. I mean I like the game, but look at what where it lead, LOOK AT WHERE IT LEAD!!!!

• Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, Night on Balding Mountain said:

It's time to retroactively remove Colors from the series. I mean I like the game, but look at what where it lead, LOOK AT WHERE IT LEAD!!!!

You're gonna have to remove a lot more than Colors to get rid of this game and its problems.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I think this looks fine, personally, but some of the comments are astounding and overly negative to me. I mean, I don't see what is so bad about a level being average and linear. I think some people set their expectations way too high, like someone else said. You guys should know you can't always get what you want, right, and you have to manage your expectations, right? I know this is Sonic Team, but these are different people from the ones working on Generations directing the game here, so of course things are going to be different here. There are consequences for setting expectations way too high to the point you think something looks bad when it likely isn't as bad as you say. It just isn't what you want, and that is not bad. Plus, what if the Custom Hero levels are supposed to look that way compared to classic and modern Sonic's levels?

The main issue is that the game reeks of colors and lacks originality. The level design is just stale and blocky, and QTE riddled stages that are borderline cut scenes just take away from the game. Adventure and Adventure 2 had playable set pieces, so it's not that difficult to do. Classic Sonic needs to be vanquished, it has no place in a 3D sonic game focusing on Modern Sonic. If they'd just work with what they did right in Generations and completely throw out the linearity and the badniks that do completely nothing, we'd have something great here. Even the boss battles themselves have Colors written all over it. The boss battles in Colors were horrid and this is exactly how most of them were basely structured.  I do like the twists they've done to Chemical Plant, but just like Sonic Mania, i'd rather it not be there at all. I'd rather not go through a stage i've been to countless times in other games, again. And that was a big factor towards some of my complaints in Mania. It wasn't good in Mania and its not good here.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

I am really getting tired of people acting like my expectations are unreasonable for wanting more than a straight line with useless enemies and a bunch of automation.

Standards in this fanbase are so low at this point that Sonic Team hardly even needs to bother making gameplay of any sort.

I am not saying it is unreasonable, I am just saying there are consequences for getting your hopes and expectations up too high. I wasn't talking about you only, too.

Plus, what people are you talking about with low standards? You do know Sonic Team can make a game anyway they want regardless of people's standards, right? I don't think people setting their standards low is the direct reason here. Plus, it is not wrong to have low standards, too. There are benefits for not expecting much, too, you know.