Awoo.

Sonic Forces - Rental Hero Gameplay

Patron

When playing as a custom character, you have the option to have a second "rental" hero join you for the stage. They can be teleported in and use their own wispon set to help out. Here, they battle against Infinite.

• Thumbs Up 7

Guess this could be one of the first boss encounters, otherwise that would be a bit underwhelming.

• Thumbs Up 1

So we now have another super power to add to the list...

Can create weapons that fire projectiles out of his cubes.

So matter manipulation.

• Thumbs Up 4

I like the technoish music.

Rental hero?

Is that a reference to this?59e61de86f133_images(35).jpg.26a0115658ee1bbdd13d3dcff07963e3.jpg

First look at an Infinite boss fight...meh, it's not too fancy to look at, just a typical "wait til the boss pops in and thrash him while he's standing fight."

AND CAN WE PLEASE SEE DIFFERENT ENEMIES FOR ONCE?

• Thumbs Up 1

I like how Infinite has no reaction to getting hit besides a grunt voice clip except when you knock him into a new phase.

Also how all his distortion effects make it almost impossible to see the cannon shots.

• Thumbs Up 8

That was cool. They should give Infinite a more "hmph" or energy wave sounding clip when getting hit though, since it seems like he has a shield you have to hit a ton before you can actually hurt him.

• Thumbs Up 4

Infinite just kinds of floats down to the ground, stands still for absolutely no reason, and lets you wail on him for a few seconds.

Like, I know bosses need to be vulnerable sometimes but this is just silly.

• Thumbs Up 8

5 minutes ago, Super Mechanio said:

Like, I know bosses need to be vulnerable sometimes but this is just silly.

People gave me grief for saying that the heavies were better villains because you "bop them on the head" to defeat them.

Whereas now we can see with infinite he just randomly floats down the screen and stands there for absolutely no reason.

• Thumbs Up 6

Just now, Mayor D said:

People gave me grief for saying that the heavies were better villains because you "bop them on the head" to defeat them.

Whereas now we can see with infinite he just randomly floats down the screen and stands there for absolutely no reason.

"You don't understand! Infinite is just so cool and badass that he's toying with you. He floats down and lets you punch him a dozen times to show how much he doesn't take you seriously... I-Infinite's cool, okay?!"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3

1 minute ago, silvereye27 said:

I'm going to sound like an idiot, but I don't see where or what the rental hero is in this video.

Around 0:12 the Avatar tags out for the rental hero.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, silvereye27 said:

I'm going to sound like an idiot, but I don't see where or what the rental hero is in this video.

Around 11 seconds in look at the custom hero and you can see him switch with the other hero. Had to watch it twice to catch it myself

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Super Mechanio said:

"You don't understand! Infinite is just so cool and badass that he's toying with you. He floats down and lets you punch him a dozen times to show how much he doesn't take you seriously... I-Infinite's cool, okay?!"

Man, you're right, now I can look at this boss fight in a whole new light. This is certainly the epitome of Sonic boss design, clearly Morio Kishimoto knows exactly what he's doing with the series.

• Thumbs Up 2

56 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I like how Infinite has no reaction to getting hit besides a grunt voice clip except when you knock him into a new phase.

Also how all his distortion effects make it almost impossible to see the cannon shots.

He's faster than sonic. He flinched too fast for the naked eye.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is the big bad they're pushing for this game... A boss that has as much effort put into it's fight as Zor's and the Egg Carnival.

They can't do shit right with this game.

Nothing impressive but not bad. I think it's alright but him grunting without doing any animation while being hit is awkward to look at.

I'm not really all annoyed at the lack of hurt animation (he does have hurt animation though but only briefly for when he starts throwing more at you it seems here). It's not the first time I've seen it for a boss like for example the Megaman Zero games with their bosses in that regard getting hurt but not fazed. This probably is the 1st battle with Infinite too.