Awoo.

Sonic Force- 100 ring cap in "Easy Mode"

Dannymax440

3 minutes ago, -Justin- said:

What's the big deal about the cap anyways? You all are blowing this out of proportion.

You have to replay a least 1 stage 1000 times to get 100% completion.

Why not just have the cap be limited to CaC, if the reason is for a upgrade shop for him? Have the rings needed for buying stuff only be gained through his levels. Cause it's ultimately pointless then for classic and modern if they have no upgrades, and even then, couldn't they have just jacked the prices of the items up to balance out the rings gained and the amount needed?

my theory is that there could be some badges or something. for example, this theoretical badge would cap your rings at 100, but let you keep on to some of them.

that or you can upgrade the ring cap like in sonic and the secret rings.

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Okay? I'm sure you'll be able to upgrade the cap. Why would they just leave it at 100?

I'm gonna wait for the game to come out before I make any decisions regarding this. 

One thing I really don't like is the flat, blocky HUD. It looks terrible. 

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

Yeah, it looks that way, but I think there will be a way to upgrade the ring count. Of course, that may just be me being hopeful, but I doubt they'd say "You can buy upgrades" and then say "But you can't upgrade your wallet size."

This game will probably be in the beginning a bit difficult in terms of what we CAN do. We'll probably start with only equiping one wispon, with a low ring cap. I think we'll be able to upgrade though! Let's hope! Maybe Aaron will mention it in the next stream.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, -Justin- said:

Okay? I'm sure you'll be able to upgrade the cap. Why would they just leave it at 100?

Because Sonic Team makes bad decisions all the time. Like putting a cap on your ring count in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Until you know for a fact that the achievement doesn't silently count ring collection beyond the cap, there's no need to be so sensationalist about it.

EDIT: This post was made without being fully informed about the topic at hand and no longer applies.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Until you know for a fact that the achievement doesn't silently count ring collection beyond the cap, there's no need to be so sensationalist about it.

We have no reason to think that's the case. I'm going to go by what I see, not by what someone imagines might be true.

• Thumbs Up 4

13 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

You don't exactly know yet.

1 minute ago, JezMM said:

Just now, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

You don't exactly know yet.

You guys not read the description for that one?

It only counts end level rings.

The cap is 100.

That means 100 per stage. 

4 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

The cap is 100.

Fair enough, to you and Diogenes.  I didn't click the link because I was avoiding spoilers and assumed it was going to show the entire trophy list (I felt the context of your post was enough to summise what the achievement was).  I'm not the type to shy away from it when I was wrong, absolutely was here.

Yeah that's a bit shit, though your maths of 16 hours seems pretty reasonable if the game has as much meat to it as say, SA2 or Unleashed.  And frankly I have no pity for people who complain about long achievements in games they don't like.  If you don't enjoy a game enough that such an achievement is a problem for you: do something better with your time, pretty straightforward solution.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Mayor D said:

The cap is 100.

And until literally today, there were no caps on rings. That ring cap can't just be put in now. The game is less than a month away.

How do we even know that the ring cap is only put for their demos? How old is this build? We don't know.

Until this is confirmed by Sonic Team, you don't 100% know that the grind will be as painful as you are predicting.

16 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Because Sonic Team makes bad decisions all the time. Like putting a cap on your ring count in the first place.

Can we just at least wait until the game comes out before saying stuff like this? Come on now, guys.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

How do we even know that the ring cap is only put for their demos? How old is this build? We don't know.

... .... are you being serious?

Of course it's a newer build. They're showing off content that wasnt in the EGX/Gamescom one.

And we know that build was newer because that had content locked out of the E3 one.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

We have plenty of evidence of Sonic Team making terrible decisions from before this game, so there's not even the slightest reason to wait on saying that.

As for the ring cap being a bad decision? You already assume that it'll be possible to raise the cap, so you basically already agree that the cap is a bad idea, you're just hoping it becomes a less bad idea over the course of the game, so I don't see why it would be a problem when I say it.

I think it's a little unfair to say that's what he's saying. He doesn't care about the ring cap- what he's been saying has been mostly to help quell the people who have been saying it's a terrible decision. It's like me saying to the people who hate the Oil Ocean Zone in Mania "Well, at least it's only one zone!" when my experience with it has been pleasant.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, -Justin- said:

Can we just at least wait until the game comes out before saying stuff like this? Come on now, guys.

Or we can discuss what we can actually physically see.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Shard The Gentleman said:

I think it's a little unfair to say that's what he's saying. He doesn't care about the ring cap- what he's been saying has been mostly to help quell the people who have been saying it's a terrible decision. It's like me saying to the people who hate the Oil Ocean Zone in Mania "Well, at least it's only one zone!" when my experience with it has been pleasant.

THANK YOU. I'm glad you get it.

• Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Or we can discuss what we can actually physically see.

All we can physically see is the ring cap on one avatar stage. Everything else is inference. 

Just now, Whatever the WhoCares said:

All we can physically see is the ring cap on one avatar stage. Everything else is inference. 

9t8Bydm.gif&key=7792448c1f9b9270b7c3b645

Well I'll be.

• Thumbs Up 2

We still don't know if they're doing this total ring count Lost World style or bullshit Mario Kart style, though. 

2 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

We still don't know if they're doing this total ring count Lost World style or bullshit Mario Kart style, though. 

We literally just covered this:

36 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

The cap is 100.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's a cap, but according to the results screen, you still hold over more of your rings when you pass 100 anyway (This is an older build, though)

maxresdefault.jpg

The way how I see it, since this game most likely will have some type of item store for clothes and all that stuff for the Avatars, they probably added the 100 ring cap so if you get hit once, there's still some sort of stakes for you losing the game by losing all your per 100 rings yet you don't lose your overall total amount for the item shop so it won't be overly tedious, and they didn't want to do the - 20 / half of your current total ring count deduction like the other modern Sonic games to make this game and ring farming for shops so easy, either.