Awoo.

Positive Things About Forces?

Polkadi~☆

I am intrigued by the story by sheer virtue that the devs appear to put more stock into it than they have in the past few years. Shadow being playable again in some form in YEARS is also something I can look forward to. It's also no surprise that I know this game is gonna look gorgeous. Also, aside from the synth-heavy take on the soundtrack and Othani being the main (and possibly only) guy handling much of the game's music...I do like a few of the revealed tracks.

• Fist Bump 1

There are a few things I can tell that are good about Sonic Forces.

1. The concept of creating your own character is actually a really cool idea and something that is a huge part of the Sonic fandom.

2. Some of the soundtracks, but mostly the ones for the avatar character, are really catchy.

Yeah.... those are so far the only positives things I can say about this game. For the rest we have to wait until November. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just wanted to interject a moment to say how happy it makes me to see a pretty decent response to this thread. All the negativity was starting to kill my hype for Forces, but all the positive things people are posting in this thread are building it right back up.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 2

Whew, and thanks to the new Japanese trailer, I'm really liking the story Sonic Team are putting in for this one. They're pulling out all the stops, I'm actually super interested to see the full thing now!

• Nice Smile 1

On 19/10/2017 at 5:32 AM, TCB said:

Also, aside from the synth-heavy take on the soundtrack and Othani being the main (and possibly only) guy handling much of the game's music...I do like a few of the revealed tracks.

Don’t worry, I believe Kenichi Tokoi is helping out Tomoya Ohtani with this soundtrack as well. Not sure about Naofumi Hataya and Jun Senoue/Crush 40 though (I can already guess Fumie Kumatani won’t be there D: ).

41 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

Don’t worry, I believe Kenichi Tokoi is helping out Tomoya Ohtani with this soundtrack as well. Not sure about Naofumi Hataya and Jun Senoue/Crush 40 though (I can already guess Fumie Kumatani won’t be there D: ).

Its confirmed that Jun did the guitars for Infinite, so he might do more ?

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Gabz Girl said:

In mainline Sonic games, Crush 40 has been relegated to covers of other artists' main themes since 2006. At this point I'm just hoping for at least that. I'd like a version of Fist Bump with Johnny's distinctive voice. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I guess if I had to think of some things this game interested me on; the story looks intriguing and I'll be sure to have fun watching it on Youtube :V Some of the set-pieces are pretty cool looking too, and I'm digging some of the music tracks. If nothing else, it looks a game I could enjoy if I just turn my brain off and marvel at the spectacle.

For *me* personally, the character customization is the best thing about Forces - it's what got me excited for a Sonic game for the first time in a very, very long time. It's what I DREAM about having in all of my favorite gaming series', and I was so shocked and surprised and elated when it was announced that we could create our own OC in a Sonic game~

Besides that though, the story actually looks really interesting to me - it's giving me flashbacks to Sonic Adventure 2, which was when I really cared about the story and the characters.

And the music... the music sounds sooooo good to me! I absolutely can't wait for the soundtrack to be released so I can get all of the songs~

• Thumbs Up 5

The fact they're actually putting any kind of real effort in the storymaking is the best thing about Forces I can come up with right now.

As long as it's interesting I'm fine.

• Thumbs Up 2

You know what, I can’t say I’m very excited about the game but conceptually I think it’s bold (in a good way) that Sonic Team introduced the Avatar concept. It speaks to a large part of the fan base that enjoys the idea that there is a world of furry characters that live alongside Sonic, and I think it’s cool that this side of things was explored.

From what I played as well, I have to say there’s a weird satisfaction in using Wispons to travel through literally millions of rings. It’s pretty brainless, but it does feel somewhat cathartic, especially with hearing that ring sound chime through over and over and over. :) 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 2

I guess it's weird to say, but I do like how Forces feels like a mid 2000s Sonic game. It's incredibly cheesy, it's over the top, and ultimately I have no clue what Sonic Team are thinking.

It's very interesting to talk about it just because of how odd it is. There's so much stuff in it that's well... stuff. It's one of the driving forces (ugh) of me still planning to buy the game. I am honest to God engaged, and I want to see where all of this goes.

Not sure if it really counts, but I feel it's positive for me.

• 2 months later...

It's no secret that Sonic Forces is a... divisive game, to say the least. And it's also pretty obvious that the general consensus about the game here on The Sonic Stadium leans far more negative than positive.

As someone who played the game, noticed some of the flaws and had criticisms of it... but ultimately ended up liking it and the experience of playing it as a whole, I figured it might be a good idea to have a place where people who feel the same way about the game could come and share their positive thoughts/opinions/experiences about it.

I'd really REALLY like for this to be a chill, laid-back place for fans of Forces to come and share what they like about the game. I'd rather not have it become a place where people have to constantly defend their opinions, outlooks, and experiences or have to give long, detailed explanations WHY they feel the way they do. If someone WANTS To do those things, then by all means, have at it. I just don't want this place to be that kind of thread - there's already plenty of debating back-and-forth about whether the game is good or bad going on in other forums here.

I figure that hey, given how much negativity there is towards this game here, why not attempt to counterbalance that with some positivity and happy experiences?

Also... this is the first topic I've ever created, so if I've done something improperly, I apologize. I also apologize if any of this post sounds jumbled or confusing or unclear in any kind of way.

7 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Here's something positive about Forces. Check those concept artoworks, they beautiful.

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_Forces/Gallery#Concept_artwork

Especially Green Hills one, I really wish he was used in the game.

Wow, I'd never seen those Infinite concepts before.

latest?cb=20180103113556

Really interesting.  I see what they were going for with buffalo Infinite, to have a kind of bruiser-type enforcer, but everyone perceives that kind of character to be less intelligent and Infinite isn't even much of a physical fighter - or not any more, at any rate.  The faceless mask wouldn't have worked for a character with a distinct personality, either; he'd have to be more of a puppet for that to have flown, in my opinion.  I'm intrigued by the bandage-heavy look for quite a few of those; alluding to his damaged past, I suppose, but it's a shame we missed an opportunity for more edgy riffs and  sports tape cracks.  You can see they liked the look, if not the concept, as it ended up being reworked into his trailing white hair.

Fascinating stuff.  The version we got was clearly the best, but it's very interesting to see all the drafts that built up into the end result.

• Thumbs Up 6

I can actually make a progress in this game, that's nice.

They aren't just shouting out memetic remarks at everything.

Heck, they seem to actually take their world a bit more seriously which is something I do appreciate, since it helps me to get into the game.

Also, I kinda like trying out different audios, it's funny. Some parts are emphasised a bit differently depending of the language I think.

There really isn't audio in Finnish after all. :D

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/5/2018 at 9:05 AM, FFWF said:

Wow, I'd never seen those Infinite concepts before.

latest?cb=20180103113556

It'd been cool if Eggman recruited Infinite's entire squad, gave them each upgrades and Prototype Phantom Rubys, and created a New Squad Jackel to lead his army instead of just illusions of Metal Sonic, Chaos, Shadow, and Zavok. Maybe call them the Phantom Raiders.

The Resistance would then have to fight each member in each Zone in order to reclaim that part of the World Map.

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

It'd been cool if Eggman recruited Infinite's entire squad, gave them each upgrades and Prototype Phantom Rubys, and created a New Squad Jackel to lead his army instead of just illusions of Metal Sonic, Chaos, Shadow, and Zavok. Maybe call them the Phantom Raiders.

The Resistance would then have to fight each member in each Zone in order to reclaim that part of the World Map.

I agree that those designs are pretty sweet (with the Infinite being the best, I don't care what people say), but I think putting all of them could overstated their welcome.

The Story. It's nothing special, it might actually be on the lower end of stories in the series but compared to what came before it's like fresh air after a mustard gas attack.

I don't really understand why people think Forces plays it safe. The gameplay i'll concede (I'll play F-Zero if I want to boost down a linear corridor, thanks) but the story? Including characters not seen in ages? That was a risk, even if it was risky for the developers and not really a risk for the Sonic brand, if that makes any sense.

Guess the music is cool too. As long as Classic Sonic and his twingytwong stays as far away from it as possible.

• Nice Smile 1

Honestly? I adore pretty much the entire soundtrack, I've listened to it countless times now. Modern Sonic and the boss music stand out the most, but I don't mind Avatar's pieces and really like some of Classic's songs too. Chemical Plant and Ghost Town being my favorites.

While the story is a bit of a disappointment because of the possibilities of the concepts present, what they do with it I think is alright. Most of the cast get at least a moment or two to shine (in particular, Silver's fight with Infinite's appreciated and I'll gladly take this version of Knuckles over the one we've gotten from 06 through Lost World). The custom character is decent for being a custom character. And fight me I love Infinite. I think everyone wanted him to be this new intimidating big bad that was going to overtake Eggman for the final boss, but in reality he's content with being Eggman's serious lackey that can actually fight on the front lines (unlike Orbot and Cubot) and has this smarmy personality that's suave enough to be intimidating while insecure enough that we like seeing his butt handed to him (unlike Metal Sonic). I really want him to stick around as part of Eggman's entourage.

I've seen enough of the game that I actually do plan to buy it once I get a Switch. I haven't played games in years, but this and Mario Odyssey have convinced me to get the system. Given how short the levels are, I may feel differently about the game as a whole once I've played the thing, but I've had enough time to evaluate the other elements that I feel confident my opinions on them aren't going to change. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

The music is amazing. I love avatar and the whole create your own character but if they do it again we need way more customization options

Definitely the soundtrack (it's literally all I've listened to the past few weeks now, haha), the avatar creator (I have... four characters now who have all become part of my own OC cast, whoopsie), Infinite (I love him and his design!) and surprisingly the story. The story is pretty shallow, I know, but I think it was a fun concept and I wish it was expanded upon.

• Thumbs Up 1