Awoo.

Positive Things About Forces?

Polkadi~☆

It's not exactly the same, but the vocal themes REALLY took me back to the days of Sonic Adventure 2 and when I listened to the SA2 soundtrack religiously. It gave me all of the feels from back then, and I REALLY loved that aspect of the game. While I don't think that the music from Forces is objectively better than the songs from Adventure/Adventure 2, I did love the music (including some of the orchestral/background songs) enough to purchase the entire soundtrack. The only other Sonic soundtrack that I truly love and treasure is the Sonic Adventure 2 soundtrack, so to me, that really says something about the music from Forces.

This is admittedly a backhanded compliment, but I like the potential created by a lot of the plot points in the game, even if none of it was utilized. For example, Shadow inadvertently creating Infinite- imagine if this story was written better, and Shadow found out that his cruelty contributed to the creation of basically another Ultimate Life Form. That’s some existential guilt right there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I like Infinite as a concept. Not a perfect villain, but a decent starting point for future Sonic villains. More anthro villains is something I've been asking for for years now.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, DreamSaturn said:

I like Infinite as a concept. 

Eh, I honestly don't know how I feel about Infinite on that level.

He's both somewhat wasteful and yet not as bad as the game in general.

Not a perfect villain, but a decent starting point for future Sonic villains. 

Uuuheeeh.....

More anthro villains is something I've been asking for for years now.

Hm...now that you mention it, the Dreamcast-Modern era(s) only really had Shadow, Jet, Wave, Storm, Mephiles, and recently Infinite to their name. 

And as with most villains of the branch, they either turn good/"good" or die.

1 hour ago, DreamSaturn said:

I like Infinite as a concept

I can pretty much agree with this, but then again I'm kind of guilty of liking the concept of a lot of this franchise's characters more than their execution. Even then though I don't dislike infinite or even the avatar. For all of my complaints about Forces I had fun while playing and that is really what a video game is supposed to be about in the end.

• Thumbs Up 2

I dunno if this counts or not, but lately I've been going through some really stressful stuff IRL... and the Sonic Forces soundtrack is really helping me get through it, particularly the instrumental/orchestral versions of Fist Bump and The Light of Hope. The positive and happy memories I have associated with the game through those songs are helping me combat a lot of stressful and depressing things when they flare up. Plus, as cheesy as the lyrics are... I'm a very cheesy guy, and those cheesy messages of hope and friendship and such DO help me out sometimes.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Of course not. You hate fun."

I don't care what anyone says lines like that are why I love Sonic and especially Roger's take.

• Thumbs Up 2

33 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

"Of course not. You hate fun."

I don't care what anyone says lines like that are why I love Sonic and especially Roger's take.

Yeah, Sonic is a highlight of that game.