Awoo.

How Would You Like This Game to End? Spoilers

does it really matter

The OC rips Infinite's nuts off and shoves them up his ass.

Of course that's a joke.

My real ending is that Classic in this game is not the same one from Mania, nor is he the one from Generations.

He was warped here from Knothole, and the Ruby made him mute, changed his mohawk into spines, and gave him an extra finger on each hand.

Once he goes back, he goes back to normal.

I hope Silver fucking dies after getting warped into some kind of alternate dimension. That way it doesn't change his actions in the series, and we don't have to worry about why and how he is or isn't around in subsequent games.

I'm really expecting them to kill off the Avatar character. I doubt they're gonna use them again, so there needs to be a reason why they won't come back. 

18 minutes ago, PKGaming said:

I'm really expecting them to kill off the Avatar character. I doubt they're gonna use them again, so there needs to be a reason why they won't come back. 

Maybe the "new beginning (create a second avatar)" trophy refers to the custom character you make post-death, to replay levels with. Since the old one is dead. 

52 minutes ago, PKGaming said:

I mean, they could also just go home when the story's over like half the characters introduced in the last several years, but what statement about fan characters that aren't Omelette would that be making? That they're okay? Can't have that!

Personally, I would ditch Modern Sonic  for a bit and move on, that'd require rebuilding of Sonic Team to take a different approach. Or stick with M.Sonic and make the boost formula less boost-y, more platforming oriented.

I'd also want Mania to get a sequel but evolve from its current form, like Sonic 1 -> Sonic 3.

That's pretty much my aspect for the ending. OC will not return, M.Sonic has potential for improvement. Let 3D Sonic evolve into something else and let Mania live but evolve further.

Edited by BlueFlare
  • Thumbs Up 2

The Phantom Ruby will turn back everything to normal, including putting Classic Sonic back to his dimension for good. As for the Phantom Ruby itself, anything could happen to it really.

The Phantom Ruby as a weapon is too powerful to exist. Without some extreme repercussions, reality warping needs to go the way of time travel via 2 Hedgies with Chaos Control.

So at the top of my list, at the end of the game the Phantom Ruby needs to either be destroyed, or Infinite needs to be dropped into a pocket dimension (either by force or by choice) where he can no longer interact with the series at large. Otherwise, it leaves future games up to serious second guessing. 

Next, Classic has got to go home. They've got the perfect excuse to have him stick around now (he could practically be a permanent addition to the cast a la Silver at this point) but having him stay is low hanging fruit to having him playable again, so I'd rather limit that temptation by giving him the boot. Mania Tails and Knux must be getting worried by now anyway.

If those two things get accomplished, then I am a happy camper.

Side note, all this Avatar death talk is silly. He was never a fighter in the first place, and your Avatar only picked up a Wispon because the world needed him to / his friend was in danger. Having him "retire" to a happy life at the end of the game, never to be seen again is appropriate enough. We don't need him to die to explain his absence in subsequent games. A nice scene where he puts down the Wispon and just chills while Sonic leaves him behind to run into the sunset would be a fine ending.

• Thumbs Up 6

Kind of like Archie Sonic 50(I know that's asking a LOT) with a final climatic fight between Sonic and Robotnik where Sonic THINKS Robotnik is dead but really goes out to lick his wounds while he battles newer villians for awhile...maybe have EGGROBO as a main villian for a few games before Robotnik finally comes back in a big way.  Given how they're selling the game as Robotnik finally winning, it should be a struggle to get him down for the count.

Just like any normal Sonic game: The heroes win Eggman has another plan ready some comedic thing happens boom oh and Classic Sonic goes back to his dimension with the Ruby.

My ideal epilogue, based on what we know:

Eggman is thoroughly demoralized. Depressed, even. He had the whole world under his control, and now that meddlesome hedgehog has once again ruined it for him. Then he remembers something. He immediately cheers up, confident that this next plan will certainly succeed. But at the suggestion of Orbot, he decides to just relax for a while and take a vacation. 

This would be a great way to keep in with the theme of perseverance. The main story shows it on Sonic's side, and then the epilogue shows it on Eggman's.

A farewell to Classic Sonic who can’t hop back into the Modern dimension after returning home.

Modern Sonic realizing that there are things that are too big to handle alon and actually asks his friends to help him out and not be so narcissistic to rely on another version of himself. Which means eventually those characters actually get involved into action and not act like a bunch of helpless fanboys admiring Sonic.

4 minutes ago, knuckles20 said:

Modern Sonic realizing that there are things that are too big to handle alon and actually asks his friends to help him out and not be so narcissistic to rely on another version of himself.

That doesn't even make sense. Modern Sonic didn't ask for Classic Sonic to show up, he just popped in because of magic rock shenanigans. We haven't even seen the two Sonics in the same place yet, so I don't know where you're getting the idea that they're working together to the exclusion of others. Especially since one of the game's big themes is that Sonic is working with the Avatar character, even to the point of them having tag-team levels together and a vocal song about their team-up.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

That doesn't even make sense. Modern Sonic didn't ask for Classic Sonic to show up, he just popped in because of magic rock shenanigans. We haven't even seen the two Sonics in the same place yet, so I don't know where you're getting the idea that they're working together to the exclusion of others. Especially since one of the game's big themes is that Sonic is working with the Avatar character, even to the point of them having tag-team levels together and a vocal song about their team-up.

And yet Sonic can't work with the allies he pretty much abandoned for years. "Oh why work with my good friends that I know are capable of handling themselves when I can spend all my time with some random dude I just met and an alternative version of myself".

It's not as if he's been refusing to work with other characters. He's consistently worked with Tails, he had been working with Knuckles and Amy in Lost World before they got separated at the start, and he's working with the resistance in this game. They just haven't been playable.

The way you're pushing Sonic Team's actions onto the characters is honestly really weird.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Diogenes said:

It's not as if he's been refusing to work with other characters. He's consistently worked with Tails, he had been working with Knuckles and Amy in Lost World before they got separated at the start, and he's working with the resistance in this game. They just haven't been playable.

The way you're pushing Sonic Team's actions onto the characters is honestly really weird.

I see what you mean in regards to his friends being more useful in this game than past Modern titles. But it would have been cool if this game could have handled the Tag Team mechanic like a 3D Sonic Advance 3 with Sonic & friends. It would have added to their presence in the story and given the game more replay value, ya know?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Diogenes said:

It was clear Amy and Knuckles had lower positions than the blue blur did in Lost World, being the nagging housewife and the borderline cameo respectively.

The removal of Takashi Iizuka and this linear as fuck 2D sonic games. It's bad when fan games do more justice to a 3D sonic world than the developers. Still hyped for the game tho.

• Thumbs Up 1