Awoo.

Sonic Forces - Japanese Introduction Trailer

Woun

Finally! More Modern Sonic levels shown! Even if they were snippets.

I wonder what the network feature would be? Is it online multiplayer with Avatar or something? Or you get to play as someone else's created avatar? (Hope it's not the latter)

Very, very interesting.

Very, very intriguing.

I really want to see more now.

• Thumbs Up 3

The story, the characters and the music are probably going to be the most interesting part of this game. So for that I can not wait to see a Let's play (hopefully the Gamegrumps) of this. The gameplay on the other hand is for my taste just way to linear. Their are no level gimmicks or any interesting level hazards. It is just a straight line for all of them.

• Thumbs Up 9

Ohhh, lots of new cutscene footage! I saw Omega in there but I think we already knew he was in from the mobile runner. Only one who is MIA now is Blaze, and I’ll be very surprised if she turns up.

These Japanese trailers are always so HYPE lol. I’m still only interested in the story and character interactions though! At least some of these cutscenes don’t look as cheaply put together as the story trailer. Oh look, the civilians with Tails are expressive and stuff! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

8 minutes ago, Stasis said:

At this point I couldn't give a shit if the stages are in straight lines or loops. This looked amazing!

14 minutes ago, FriesWithoutKetchup said:

Gaaaah this new trailer has gotten me even MORE hyped for Forces~!

Yeah, you guys precisely packed my thoughts. Super hyped!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

Was it me or was Metal Sonic really huge?

he really was. probably a new phantom ruby power?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

Was it me or was Metal Sonic really huge?

No it wasn't just you.

Also did anyone notice at 2:45 what looks to be the avatar hesitated fearfully to fire his wispon?

And sorry to keep bringing this up but again in the cutscene where Infinite gets close he still hasn't attacked the avatar despite him having no problem attacking Sonic and the rest of the resistance/civilians. 

4 minutes ago, SonicLegends said:

No it wasn't just you.

Also did anyone notice at 2:45 what looks to be the avatar hesitated fearfully to fire his wispon?

And sorry to keep bringing this up but again in the cutscene where Infinite gets close he still hasn't attacked the avatar despite him having no problem attacking Sonic and the rest of the resistance/civilians. 

He doesn't want to hurt Infinite?

Maybe he just wants to end this peacefully?

Or maybe.... He doesn't want to hurt his lost friend? :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Joseph Henry said:

Or maybe.... He doesn't want to hurt his friend? :)

At this point it's confirmed.

Too much evidence.

6 minutes ago, Joseph Henry said:

Or maybe.... He doesn't want to hurt his friend? :)

It could be a cutscene where Infinite's identify is revealed to the avatar thus the hesitation or it could also be the avatar's past where it's hinted at by the extended Fist Bump lyrics to quote:

"I know you have been afraid before. But you don't have to be anymore. No more emptiness to feel inside. When we work together no one can break up our stride."

image.thumb.png.5d1f759b35f8273181b14902af9497a9.png

I think it maybe more the latter in this case, but we'll see.

• Thumbs Up 4

21 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Being Cream is suffering. 

I think they just want to focus this time on the characters, who are really popular and have huge fanbases. Or at least they think so. I do not think we will see characters like Cream, Big, Chip, the other Deadly Six, Jet, Elise, Merlina, Shahra etc. in this game who have not asa huge fan following like the others. Blaze maybe can show up. We also saw Rouge in one cutscene. But it depends on how Sega sees Blaze. If they think she is an unpopular character than she will not show up in the game. If they think she is popular than she could get a spotlight in the story.

And another case of where the Phantom Ruby is altering space but in this situation dragging Sonic towards Infinite. 

Spoiler

unlike in Mania where it sent Sonic, Tails and Knuckles to another location

.  image.thumb.png.e9fdb1bacce782bd6507b1cb528f64c5.png

• Nice Smile 1

Yeah the flashback looks more like he was scared rather than hesitant, and the way it immediately segways into the Avatar clenching his fists makes it look like the story is going to be about the Avatar overcoming his fears, like the prequel comic

K2nmVF1.gif&key=e6a62d2fe4d2634fb7cf9ea8c1cf87edfc4f2f6fbdf48375664d6aac714cfacf

Looks like Infinite didn't hit him for sure, but I'm stickin with this to the end, sorry >:V

Also, what's this? Looks... otherworldly c:<

2UnJxBX.gif&key=f793d938ca9405370f57313675665f5734059bf22985a2a714fdea2e31e6f2d9

More gifs

Dj9A5aY.gif&key=7f8e2906dd4ead6823d3478d2aff43f3950388efdf252d19416f9004fdae514a

fMSac3q.gif&key=327e7ef3351ab4ca40c5fff57fb6f39dba45aef0ddd94e26c421bebcd529c5f4

• Thumbs Up 9

3 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Yeah the flashback looks more like he was scared rather than hesitant, and the way it immediately segways into the Avatar clenching his fists makes it look like the story is going to be about the Avatar overcoming his fears, like the prequel comic

K2nmVF1.gif

Looks like Infinite didn't hit him for sure, but I'm stickin with this to the end, sorry >:V

Also, what's this? Looks... otherworldly c:<

2UnJxBX.gif

More gifs

Dj9A5aY.gif

fMSac3q.gif

Uh that doesn't mean anything, he could be scared AND hesitant

also who faces a demon to say look, let's be friends, here a fist bump

It has to be a sign of friendship or something, so the Avatar is trying to jog Infinite's memory that way

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Swing said:

other Deadly Six

Those guys seem more likely given the name of the trophy regarding Zavok's boss fight. 

• Thumbs Up 1