Awoo.

Sonic Forces - Japanese Introduction Trailer

Woun

18 minutes ago, Sean said:

Was it really a Sonic CD flashback, though? It could have easily been an unrelated adventure we haven't seen before.

Before Sega decided that classic and modern were separate, it was widely assumed that modern Sonic was a mere redesign with no canonical explanation as to why he looks different than he did before Sonic Adventure. It's like trying to explain why Mickey Mouse's eyes are different now than when he debuted, why Mega Man suddenly got taller in MM8, or why Lilac looks extremely different between both Freedom Planet games, or Zero looking different between the X and Zero games. These sorts of things don't need explanation, but even if they did, they certainly didn't have to go down the "alternate dimensions" route.

You're right, but.. *shrug*. That's just how it is now.

Just now, Forterror-Metallix said:

So we're not allowed to like anything about games you don't like because that somehow guarantees Sonic Team will keep making games you don't want? Got it.

Nope, sorry, you don't get to make up bullshit and pretend that it came out of my mouth.

You're allowed to like things even if I don't, but if a cool looking trailer makes you ignore how the game actually plays, you are sending a bad message to Sonic Team, and encouraging worse games for all of us.

• Thumbs Up 9

7 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

I know it's too early to say, but Modern Green Hill didn't show any 2D sections yet. There's hope.

Unfortunately...

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

I know it's too early to say, but Modern Green Hill didn't show any 2D sections yet. There's hope.

I was actually surprised that wooden path was 3D and not an automated 2D transition.

If you want to see the gameplay changed and want sonic team to fix that, how is that message conveyed when you're "believing the hype", pre-ordering, and defending the game ultimately on all fronts whenever a argument happens? Idk to me that sounds like it sends more a message of "we can do what we want/put little effort in and fans will ultimately buy it as long as (insert reason)."

Amyway, so was that Japanese website confirming classic sonic helped modern before debunked, cause wouldn't that mean this IS Gens classic?

7 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

What concerns me is that people see a moderately well cut trailer and seem to instantly lose any sort of critical eye, to the point of not even caring about major aspects of game design because it "looks cool".

With general consensus on here being that "this looks cool, but the level design could use improvements", this seems a bit unfair to say of the community.

Besides, if they like what they've seen and/or played, why do they need to mention "Problems" when their own take-away doesn't really host any? It's like the mentality of whenever complimenting Sonic Heroes we have to mention "problems" along with them.

• Thumbs Up 5

I think the trailer looks cool, I'm sure the story will be interesting, but uh.. yeah, that gameplay tho

It needs work

Do better next time guyz

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Cala Maria said:

With general consensus on here being that "this looks cool, but the level design could use improvements", this seems a bit unfair to say of the community.

I am talking about a specific kind of reaction, not "the community" in general.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Amyway, so was that Japanese website confirming classic sonic helped modern before debunked, cause wouldn't that mean this IS Gens classic?

Yes, they are the same Classic Sonic. There's only one Classic Sonic, and he's from another dimension now. The idea that he wasn't the same was debunked looong ago.

I'm not gonna be completely negative about the game if there is a thing I don't like.

I already said what I don't like about the game, I'm still gonna buy it, I will like it even with major flaws, is not by saying how much this game suck that will change ST mentality on the gameplay,. I'm being honest, I hate the gameplay, love everything else. If Sonic Team gameplay team wants to keep doing a bad job, is not my fault, I like the rest of the game, hate the gameplay, period. If I could give money to the different departments on the game, I would give not even a single cent to the level designers. While I would give it to the rest of the team. But that's not how it works.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I am talking about a specific kind of reaction, not "the community" in general.

That you're making such a big deal about such a concentrated circumstance makes even less sense. There's no point wasting energy on trying to deter people who are hyped and looking forward to the game.

Vote with your wallet. That's often going to be the most effective and foremost means of getting the developers to listen to you.

Trying to tell peers that they're allegedly looking at or critiquing the game wrong won't get you far.

8 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Diogenes is asking that you consider everything that we've seen of this game and not just this latest trailer. Look at the game critically.

That said, it needs to be worded better so as not to imply that no one talking positive of the game isn't doing just that.

• Thumbs Up 6

5 hours ago, Swing said:

But it depends on how Sega sees Blaze. If they think she is an unpopular character than she will not show up in the game. If they think she is popular than she could get a spotlight in the story.

Mmm I'm pretty sure it's not a question if SonicTeam sees her as a popular character or not. Blaze appears in many MANY of the spinoff games. Sonic channel art. and was In Generations along with all the other characters SEGA sees as popular such as Vector & Shadow. And no matter how his fans may love him... no way can somebody try to argue to me with a straight face that Silver is more popular then Blaze. Even Omega shows up in this game when he didn't on Generations.

However even with all that said, Blaze being among the popular side-cast doesn't automatically mean that she gets included in Forces or whatever game. I kinda imagine Sonic Team throws darts at a dartboard with who gets to appear on each game. Regardless I do hope she shows-up in the game...  she does need more appearances in the main Sonic games I say. And unlike Sonic 06, at least the story of Forces itself shouldn't be a embarrassment for her to be in this time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes there are things done right and things done wrong in the game but the big question will be if the positives are enough to convince you to buy the game or if the negatives will convince you to not buy it.

Or just morbid curiosity to buy the game anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

Except the title which is a trophy name.

In this game.

Which trophy title?

23 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Cala Maria said:

That said, it needs to be worded better so as not to imply that no one talking positive of the game isn't doing just that.

Now this is too much. Lately everytime someone talk their dislikes, real technical flawed stuff, they're "attacking the people who actually like the game".

But when someone post the most mindless reaction: "whatever if it's bad designed, the trailer makes it looks cool!" it's okay? 

You know we do take our time to critically look, analyse, observe and compare the game too, don't? Or you think we just come here to hate the game? We want to like it as much as anyone who's trully excited for it. 

When I see a coment so vague as "whatever it looks cool", I feel offended.

3 minutes ago, Creep Dude said:

But quit acting like people who are actually positive about this are ignoring the issues it has because they're not. Myself have seen a few "blind fanboys" but that's not what we're being right now.

Not to call out Stasis specifically or anything but this:

5 hours ago, Stasis said:

At this point I couldn't give a shit if the stages are in straight lines or loops. This looked amazing!

...is what started this particular argument, and I'm not sure what it is if it's not ignoring some of the game's issues.

• Thumbs Up 4

He was saying that because he wasn't bothered by it because of the positives shown, not that it wasn't a problem.

He said it BECAUSE he was too hyped at the moment, there were so many things he enjoyed in the trailer to worked up over the same repeated complaint.

This trailer wasn't made to get criticized, it was to build hype. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

3 minutes ago, Creep Dude said:

He was saying because he wasn't bothered by it, not it wasn't a problem.

He said BECAUSE he was too hyped at the moment, we don't watch trailers to criticize.

Exactly, later on he agreed that the level design needs work (putting it slightly), and despite that he is hyped for the game.

• Thumbs Up 4