Awoo.

Sonic Forces - Japanese Introduction Trailer

Woun

2 hours ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

Finally! More Modern Sonic levels shown! Even if they were snippets.

I wonder what the network feature would be? Is it online multiplayer with Avatar or something? Or you get to play as someone else's created avatar? (Hope it's not the latter)

I think it's the rental hero feature was briefly shown during the Space port and Infinite Boss gameplay. You can switch to the second avatar you created at some point.

Also completing levels unlocks several costumes. Huh.

Green Hill Zone appears to have a tag team boss as well as a tag team stage - Sonic and the Avatar versus a Death Egg Robot.  Given that Classic already has a Green Hill boss, it looks like each zone can have multiple bosses?

On the other hand, that bit where the Avatar is rail-grinding through an avenue of containers looks very similar to the big stacks of containers in the Green Hill Tag Team stage.  Am I just forgetting something, or could the Avatar's Green Hill level be longer than we thought?  Or maybe there are more acts per zone than we thought?

The scene in a mechanical city-like environment where Modern faces Infinite I think is Chemical Plant; the floor when Modern starts running resembles Chemical Plant tubes, and the background has the Egg Fleet again.

The hangar Modern and Avatar are in at the end of the trailer appears to be where Sonic got that plane-like vessel he's piloting over the possibly-Death-Egg when he gets shot down.

• Thumbs Up 7

I don't think that red'ed out snippet was the Avatar hesitating to shoot Infinite. The gloves and the lack of gear don't befit a CaC. Instead, it matches up with the Civilians we see attempting to hold their ground in GHZ against Infinate's invasion. I think its more likely to be "random guy" afraid of Infinite and not the CaC him/herself.

also, heterochromia confirmed. Sega must have been trolling Deviantart for that one lol.

Anyone notice that Omega seems to be in pretty much the stasis state that Rouge and Shadow found him in in Crisis City? Wonder if that's going to be referenced or not. I'm guessing not, but it looks familiar.

7 hours ago, Stasis said:

At this point I couldn't give a shit if the stages are in straight lines or loops. This looked amazing!

o.o

I'm sorry, but it's this kinda of coment I hope Sonic Team isn't reading and taking account (althought it does looks like to be the case).

• Thumbs Up 6

That's a bigass fucking Metal Sonic there wow.

Also HOLY FUCK IT'S OMEGA.

And that Sand Hill Modern footage looks massive and that attention to detail with the fallen Death Egg Robots. 

I'm honestly really excited now.

3 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

And thus those who wanted classic and modern to be the same character had an aneurysm. 

I think the 'aneurysm' comes more from—

"You're Sonic from another world!"

—than the meta-textual stuff the announcer is saying.

Also yes to heterochromia, but no to different body types? I know why one is easier to implement than the other, but…

• Thumbs Up 5

What @Jango is trying to say (or at least what I got from his words) is that this forum, and any other forum, or social media for that matter, are a mean to pass feedback to the development team.

As you guys might have noticed, Aaron stopped by the other day to clarify the 100 rings cap confusion.

Aaron's and Sergio's jobs are also about collecting feedback and reporting that to the dev team. I'm pretty sure they check they major fansites quite regularly, those major fansites being Retro/Stadium, and NeoGAF to some extent since it's very populated.

So, what he was saying (while sounding pissed off and passive/aggressive lol) is that... well if you think the game should be better, you should clarify it. Everytime you have a chance to do so.

'Cause if you get your voice heard, it counts as feedback, and if enough people speak out against lame gameplay and level design, the next game will be a step in the right direction.

It's ok to say "Hey I'm hyped, it looks cool! I can't wait for Nov 7th", those Japanese trailers make the game look good, and I understand the hype!

BUT if you have some criticism for the game, mention it, even if you sound like a broken record, say it aloud.

That's the only way you can help the next game be in a better shape.

That said. The game still looks lame as usual to me... That modern Green Hill footage is disenheartening. It's... a huge hallway, Sonic steers automatically. Why even have all that space in the first place, it's... useless?

And yay for the characters standing around and speaking in cutscenes, I can't wait.

And didn't anybody notice the eyeliner in the custom character at the top right:

One second it's not there

unknown.png

Then POOF

unknown.png

• Thumbs Up 9

Yeah the gameplay still doesn't look all that great and I'm still not sold on it. On the bright side at least the story actually looks interesting and they're putting more effort into this than they did in the last few installments and hey Omega is back. Overall I think this game will just be ok. 

As much as I like Forces, the level design isn't that great. Maybe bring someone new who can try to make more alternate paths. Also, Modern being only 3D again would be great.

But they are doing great with the visuals and the story. Modern Green Hill has to be my favourite looking stage.

• Thumbs Up 8

15 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

And didn't anybody notice the eyeliner in the custom character at the top right:

One second it's not there

unknown.png

Then POOF

unknown.png

I'm gonna guess that that's because of how eyes are rigged on Sonic characters. The eyeliner is attached to the open eyelashes only as it would get in the way of the blink animation on the lids.

8 minutes ago, DoubleXXCross said:

I'm gonna guess that that's because of how eyes are rigged on Sonic characters. The eyeliner is attached to the open eyelashes only as it would get in the way of the blink animation on the lids.

Actually, if you look at this video:

more or less at the timestamp

Or the Mario video they have out too, it's common practice to have different head models for each expression, so in this case one model for standard open eyes, one for closed eyelids. They swap the head models depending on the situation, and it's clearly visible in the trailer too when all of a sudden the eyelids disappear halfway through the eyes.

Here

It's just that the closed eyelids/open eyes models for that avatar aren't polished and there is that difference in texture mapping. It's an oversight (pun~).

EDIT:
Actually here's the Mario video with the timestamp, a much better example

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

Modern being only 3D again would be great.

I second this with all my, well, forces,

also, on a side note

1 hour ago, Sega DogTagz said:

heterochromia confirmed

actually commander Tower already debuted heterochromia in this series a long time ago

10e888301194eede40120df7a7fa7469_400x400   " - I did it first" :P

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 6

I am pumped so hard for this game. It looks so flipping amazing. Sure I'd like a free roam world like adventure 1 but I'll gladly get this for my ps4. Switch . Xb1x and pc. Segas got my money

I like the presentation of the trailer but still disappointed that the gameplay doesn't let you do more, like explore all those broken death egg robots in green hill.

But man, that scene where classic sonic jumped on eggman..... I lol'd so hard. Classic sonic is pissed.

Eggman: "AATHAAAA!!!!!"

Idk, that just came off as hilarious for some reason.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Chuckle 1

The scene with Omega broken down at the beginning reminds me a lot of Sonic 06 where Shadow and Rouge found him in the future.

Next is Straight Hill Zone, now with automatic steering! 

All the cutscenes look rather interesting, the story is the highlight of the game for me. They're showing the same cutscene with different Avatar, I wish they would've shown us what the Hedgehog Avatar looks like, cause that's the race I'll be going with.

I'm not expecting the level design to improve, this is what we're getting for this game and we'll have to deal with it for now. I hope they make 3D level design more similar to Sonic Generations' Seaside Hill Act 2 if they decide to make another Boost Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

Was it me or was Metal Sonic really huge?

No, he definitely  looked twice his normal size. I'm guessing whatever power up he gets in this game is the cause of that.

If the story is the games only saving grace then I'm fine just checking it out on YouTube.

Although I don't even think I'll like that very much since it focuses so much on the avatar and is a bit too much, " Yay for teamwork! We can do anything together! Friendship is magic!", for my tastes.