Awoo.

Sonic Forces - Japanese Introduction Trailer

Woun

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

What concerns me is that people see a moderately well cut trailer and seem to instantly lose any sort of critical eye, to the point of not even caring about major aspects of game design because it "looks cool".

The message that this is going to send to Sonic Team is that there's no need for them to improve. They can just makes something that looks cool, and people will keep giving them a free pass on never improving.

I'm willing to bet this has been their mantra since Colors. If people like it and will buy the product, then it's a success as far as everyone else is concerned.

Yes, its not what we want, but at this point, Sonic Team probably don't really care what the specific subset of fans want and just want some broad appeal.

Sooooooo...*Shrug* Kind of tired of hoping for a game that's probably never going to come lol.

2 minutes ago, Creep Dude said:

He was saying that because he wasn't bothered by it because of the positives shown, not that it wasn't a problem.

So he was...ignoring it.

2 minutes ago, Creep Dude said:

This trailer wasn't made to get criticized, it was to build hype. 

Everything Sonic Team puts out is intended to build hype. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be criticized; otherwise, you're just falling for the marketing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, Metal Sonic got huge somehow. Almost makes me wonder if it's a reference to something else...

metal4.jpgSonicXtremeMetalSonicpromotional04.jpg

... Nah, probably just overthinking it. :)

Ya, I'm loving everything I'm seeing from this, but Modern's level design is disappointing me. I'm forgiving when it comes to this stuff but the Modern levels are just so bland. I'm hoping that Sega just inconveniently showed the parts of the level with less stuff to do, but as far as modern's level design goes so far... fuck, what level design?

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Jango said:

Now this is too much.

To ask that people who are positive about the game not be generalized as bring blinded by hype?

latest?cb=20170503232330

I really hope that was just a bout where you misunderstood the context.  :U

17 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

So he was...ignoring it.

Contradicted by:

20 minutes ago, Joseph Henry said:

Exactly, later on he agreed that the level design needs work (putting it slightly), and despite that he is hyped for the game.

If all this is to be taken at face value, than this debate concerning @Stasis in particular, was utterly pointless from wherever it originated. 

Unless the message is to not get excited at all by hype trailers. 

• Thumbs Up 6

I also want Sega to improve but at the same time I'm in love with this game so hard. So what if it's not some 10 rated  AAA game many and I mean Many will still enjoy it. I'm 28 work full time and doing grad school  sometimes just enjoying something for what it is helps me through the day without constant worry cause a level goes straight.  It looks enjoyable to me and that's what I'm lettinG Sega know though I'd still want a SA3

• Thumbs Up 7

28 minutes ago, Jango said:

Now this is too much. Lately everytime someone talk their dislikes, real technical flawed stuff, they're "attacking the people who actually like the game".

But when someone post the most mindless reaction: "whatever if it's bad designed, the trailer makes it looks cool!" it's okay? 

You know we do take our time to critically look, analyse, observe and compare the game too, don't? Or you think we just come here to hate the game? We want to like it as much as anyone who's trully excited for it. 

When I see a coment so vague as "whatever it looks cool", I feel offended.

True. There is definitely a double standard going here, but displaying the exact same behavior you claim to hate isn't helping anything.

• Thumbs Up 3

I wonder if this will be the last Boost related game. It somehow seems like they're not able to come up with something to make it more interesting game-play wise. Certainly it can't come back if the levels are this basic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Does anyone know if there's gonna be more than one save file for the game? That's one thing I'm kinda worried about - I'm gonna play this with my sibling, and we both definitely wanna make our own OC's. I hope there's not just one save file that has to be deleted over and over again if one wants to make new OC's.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, FriesWithoutKetchup said:

Does anyone know if there's gonna be more than one save file for the game? That's one thing I'm kinda worried about - I'm gonna play this with my sibling, and we both definitely wanna make our own OC's. I hope there's not just one save file that has to be deleted over and over again if one wants to make new OC's.

I'm sure they will have multiple save files.

Xenoverse 2 had ten avatar slots/save files.

1 minute ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

I'm sure they will have multiple save files.

Xenoverse 2 had ten avatar slots/save files.

Yeah, I know - I loved that about Xenoverse.

Still, you never know until it comes out... I mean, I'm 99% sure that it'll have multiple saves, it's just that 1% of worry that lingers. xD

There's a trophy for playing a second playtrough with a new Avatar, so it's safe to presume you can make multiples.

But once you make an Avatar, you stick with it.

1 minute ago, Creep Dude said:

There's a trophy for playing a second playtrough with a new Avatar, so it's safe to presume you can make multiples.

But once you make an Avatar, you stick with it.

Oh, I know about that trophy, yeah.

I just worry that you can't have two or more different OC's in their own save files at one time, if that makes any sense... like, I wonder if you have to complete the game and THEN make your second avatar. -shrugs-

But from what I know, most Sonic games have multiple co-existing save files.

Well, the last (non-Mania) Sonic game to have save files was Colours, and even before that it wasn't always a sure thing. A lot of series don't do it anymore tho' so it's not too surprising. It's like they expect you to either delete your file or make separate profiles for fresh playthroughs which is...weird as hell tbh.

There's also the Rental Hero mode that was just revealed, maybe that's how you can make a second avatar?

I wouldn't worry about save files, if it doesn't have multiple, you can make a different account on the system of your choice.

1 minute ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

I wouldn't worry about save files, if it doesn't have multiple, you can make a different account on the system of your choice.

...that's a good point that I never would've thought of. Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, FriesWithoutKetchup said:

...that's a good point that I never would've thought of. Thanks!

No problem, glad to be of help.

So, I wonder who attacked Silver in that one scene... He seemed injured.