Awoo.

What you think of the english dub of Sonic Forces?

sfargr321

For the last few games this is what Sonic's personality has been. Anyone can tell you it's a pretty drastic change compared to how he was written before that point. You're probably right on Forces not being that much different in comparison though. After all, it's been demonstrated time and time again that the game isn't going to be too outstanding.

Jason is definitely the worst of the VAs Sonic's had taking both voice and skill into account. His Sonic voice sounded too soft and humble and most of his performances were basically this. It dragged down Sonic's character in the storybook games quite a bit, just look at the ending to Secret Rings (Japanese vs. English).

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder how Jason would be like these days. He's so good in his other stuff. 

As for the voice acting for the final game, I'm sure it'll be alright in the end. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The reason why I prefer Jason over Roger is the because of the voice. Roger doesn't have the heroic voice that Jason had.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/22/2017 at 10:08 PM, Speeps said:

For the last few games this is what Sonic's personality has been. Anyone can tell you it's a pretty drastic change compared to how he was written before that point. You're probably right on Forces not being that much different in comparison though. After all, it's been demonstrated time and time again that the game isn't going to be too outstanding.

Jason is definitely the worst of the VAs Sonic's had taking both voice and skill into account. His Sonic voice sounded too soft and humble and most of his performances were basically this. It dragged down Sonic's character in the storybook games quite a bit, just look at the ending to Secret Rings (Japanese vs. English).

Completely disagree. Griffith had a tough time getting his voice down for Sonic pre Unleashed. But I think his performance in Sonic and the Black Knight was the best performance by any Sonic voice actor in any game.

On 10/23/2017 at 12:02 AM, Ultimate Victory 64 said:

The reason why I prefer Jason over Roger is the because of the voice. Roger doesn't have the heroic voice that Jason had.

That's one problem I always had with Roger's Sonic voice. I never really got much of anything about Sonic's character out of his performances outside of the cockiness. Part of that is due to the writing, but another part of that is also due to his voice not really fitting Sonic as a character.

• Thumbs Up 2

What about the Spanish dub?

There's no real point in making a topic for this, and multiple European language dubs have been normal since Generations. But I think this is the first time we've heard on of them for Forces? Correct me if wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

With all the leaks we've I can safely say that Roger STILL hasn't improved as Sonic. Which is so weird when everyone else has improved with their voices especially Travis as Knuckles but still Roger can't get pass making Sonic sound so whiny.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still think Roger does a great job and a god voice for Sonic as always, never had much issue withhim and Forces is on excedption, the cometently written Sonic in this game does well with Roger. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I hate it.

Roger Craig Smith makes Sonic sound like a dudebro, because of the voice, not the delivery. It fits Boom. It does not fit the actual Sonic.

The others (excluding old man Shadow) are alright, but I would take anything over this. Can't say that I understand why you guys dislike Griffith as Sonic, don't care to argue the point, Drummond was good but Sega's obviously not bringing him back, just bring someone else in who can actually sound like Sonic and not a bored college guy. Please.

• Thumbs Up 6

11 minutes ago, Tarnish said:

All I can say about it is:

"I wonder how they FAILED, SO, BADLY!"

One of the best deliveries, I loved that part. 

I'd prefer the worst rendition of RCS over Griffith's best work. Big the Cat in SA1 sounds like a parody of a cartoon stupid voice, it's so over the top. Griffith is like that but for mascots. His inflection and nasal quality combine to make every single line something worth making fun of. I would take anyone over him.

RCS, to me, IS Sonic the Hedgehog. His voice matches the character so incredibly well, especially now that Sonic's older. Really hope he stays for a good long while. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

What the hell happened to Rouge's voice in this game? I remember liking her in Free Riders (although it's been a while since I looked at that) but here she sounds terrible. The delivery is quite poor at times, as is her voice itself. It really does not suit her character at all. She sounds so weak and pathetic.

3 hours ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

One of the best deliveries, I loved that part. 

I'd prefer the worst rendition of RCS over Griffith's best work. Big the Cat in SA1 sounds like a parody of a cartoon stupid voice, it's so over the top. Griffith is like that but for mascots. His inflection and nasal quality combine to make every single line something worth making fun of. I would take anyone over him.

RCS, to me, IS Sonic the Hedgehog. His voice matches the character so incredibly well, especially now that Sonic's older. Really hope he stays for a good long while. 

I guess we can agree to disagree, because I think he's terrible and the sooner they get rid of him, the happier I'll be. To me he just sounds like an arrogant prick who feels like he's better than everyone. He just can't convey any sort of emotion other than arrogance. Ryan Drummond really nailed what Sonic should be like IMO by Sonic Heroes. He managed to nail cocky, but concern as well (in the Sonic Heroes final boss cutscenes).

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, Roger Craig Smith has become the definitive Sonic voice for me now. He's improved a lot with his delivery since Colors. I suppose working on Boom gave him a lot of experience with the character. I could never to back to Sonic sounding like anyone else.

• Thumbs Up 8

Some line deliveries by Roger Craig Smith were a little weird, mostly the ones where

he’s talking about the super power of teamwork and friendship

and there’s one line near the end game which sounded really weird. Think it’s the one that Tarnish mentioned? XD;;

Other than that though, I still think he did a great job along with the rest of the voice cast (except one which I’ll get to in a bit). They did well with the material they had. Let’s be honest, I don’t think anyone can make wimpy Tails sound good. 

Oh, and Infinite’s voice is amazing. 

18 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

What the hell happened to Rouge's voice in this game? I remember liking her in Free Riders (although it's been a while since I looked at that) but here she sounds terrible. The delivery is quite poor at times, as is her voice itself. It really does not suit her character at all. She sounds so weak and pathetic.

This one was by far the weakest link in the cast. Wtf happened to Rouge’s voice? It seems to be the same voice actress but her tone of voice and everything sounds completely different to Free Riders and Generations. She has that “Ohhhh I’ve been a very naughty girl haven’t I?” inflection and it’s really bad. 

If I'm perfectly honest, I'm only satisfied with Eggman's voice...Tails' okay, but everyone else..compared to what we had in Adventure 2 and Heroes, everybody else is a step backward for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

I...still can't get into Shadow's latest voice, it still sounds weird to me. It's not as cringy as "YOU'VE GOT THIS, SSSSONIC!", but he still sounds weird to me.

Boobs--I-I mean Rouge also sounds really strange, doesn't fit her at all for me.

The rest of the cast ranges from pretty good to great for me. I think Infinite was great, and Roger killed it with his delivery on Sonic. Even the delivery of that one line about Eggy crying or w/e was perfect for me.

The fact that they have the most experience out of any previous cast gives them a significant advantage. So yea, I'm pretty satisfied with it. They all seem to have finally settled into their roles pretty well and none of their lines really read that awkward. Even Shadow sounds tolerable now compared to 7 years ago. But yea, Rouge sounds really weird, which is odd because she sounded fine in Free Riders and Generations...but I suppose every voice can't hit it out of the park. It kind of irks me how their talents are being wasted in games like Forces.

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah Rouge's voice didn't sound right to me either. 

1 hour ago, Gabz Girl said:

This one was by far the weakest link in the cast. Wtf happened to Rouge’s voice? It seems to be the same voice actress but her tone of voice and everything sounds completely different to Free Riders and Generations. She has that “Ohhhh I’ve been a very naughty girl haven’t I?” inflection and it’s really bad. 

That's the vibe I got as well like she was being seductive. Hopefully Karen gets back on track later on.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the English dub was a (mostly failed) attempt to interject some levity into this incredibly boring, soulless story. It added a few funny lines here and there, which automatically makes it marginally more bearable than the generic shounen story Sonic Team cooked up, but there's only so much you can change in adaptation - and the bland, uninspired story is still bland and uninspired even if you pepper it with a few one-liners.

Also, Tails saying "true dat" was awful. Let that never happen again.

Mike Pollock continues to be a treasure, even if Eggman had really uninteresting lines in this game compared to his usual fare.

• Thumbs Up 7

I like Roger. Not that he's had anything good to actually work with. Forces' story might be more....involved, but its not actually any good.

Rouge soudns exactly the same to me, I have no idea what hte diffrences is LMAO. Sounds pretty much what ive heard in Free Riders and Gens so I continue to have no problems with her voice *shrug*

On 10/24/2017 at 1:39 AM, Straw Hat said:

Completely disagree. Griffith had a tough time getting his voice down for Sonic pre Unleashed. But I think his performance in Sonic and the Black Knight was the best performance by any Sonic voice actor in any game.

That's one problem I always had with Roger's Sonic voice. I never really got much of anything about Sonic's character out of his performances outside of the cockiness. Part of that is due to the writing, but another part of that is also due to his voice not really fitting Sonic as a character.

Same. Unleashed Sonic was not the same cocky Sonic we've seen previously. He's more humble but still has that sense of excitement and cockiness. It's just not so hammy like Ryan. I loved his but the cockiness was a little much for me. 

Even though he struggled a bit in Unleashed, I think it was a genuine Sonic performance.

Roger is really good in Forces. MUCH better than all of his past games.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/30/2017 at 3:39 PM, Jar Jar Analysis 1138 said:

Same. Unleashed Sonic was not the same cocky Sonic we've seen previously. He's more humble but still has that sense of excitement and cockiness. It's just not so hammy like Ryan. I loved his but the cockiness was a little much for me. 

Even though he struggled a bit in Unleashed, I think it was a genuine Sonic performance.

Roger is really good in Forces. MUCH better than all of his past games.

Personally Ryan Drummond was my favorite, but I respect your opinion.