Awoo.

What you think of the english dub of Sonic Forces?

sfargr321

Kirk still bad as Shadow, I hate the vampire like voice they got for him.

Roger just sounds cocky and that's it with Sonic.

Mike Pollock the only one I like, his delivery of a few lines was well done.

The worst voice had to be Espio. Generic samuari voice.

Sonic still sounds like a fratboy douchebag which isn't surprising as that'll never change so long as Roger is around. At least Sonic has better lines in this game than the absolute shite that makes me want to give him the Jason Todd special.

Tails STILL can't find a consistent tone of voice or pitch. It's always bouncing around from high pitched to low pitched and just going back and forth like a game of ping pong. I miss Kate Higgins so much...she was perfection. A knock off doesn't do it for me, even if said Knock off is probably the second best voice he's had. At least she blessed us all with Jump Up Superstar in Odyssey...please come back you may have had bitchy Tails in Lost World, but your voice was the saving grace of his assassinated character.

Knuckles is a little better. Still needs to drop that surfer like tone I keep feeling every now and then. But Travis is very good at getting a character to be a likable doofus. I think he jut needs some more serious Knuckles moments ala being a guardian and he'd be a good mainstay.

Amy is Amy....Never leaving an impression beyond no longer being minnie mouse.

Shadow I can barely tell as he didn't speak a lot. I thought he sounded better...so maybe he does?

Eggman always works. I just enjoy when he's allowed to be taken more seriously while keeping his goofy charm. Like when I read the Sonic comics and Eggman is threatoning, and goofy. I want Pollock to be handed that material more often. EggNewman makes me not care of Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Tails STILL can't find a consistent tone of voice or pitch. It's always bouncing around from high pitched to low pitched and just going back and forth like a game of ping pong. I miss Kate Higgins so much...she was perfection. A knock off doesn't do it for me, even if said Knock off is probably the second best voice he's had. At least she blessed us all with Jump Up Superstar in Odyssey...please come back you may have had bitchy Tails in Lost World, but your voice was the saving grace of his assassinated character.

I honestly feel that the new Tails is so much better than Kate Higgins. I don't know she just never worked for me. She really never captured the little boy aspect of Tails like the new voice actress does

Just now, Ultimate Victory 64 said:

I honestly feel that the new Tails is so much better than Kate Higgins. I don't know she just never worked for me. She really never captured the little boy aspect of Tails like the new voice actress does

Eh I think that's more material given than anything else. I personally only hear a discount Kate Higgins, which basically exactly what they wanted in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, dbzfan7 said:

Eh I think that's more material given than anything else. I personally only hear a discount Kate Higgins, which basically exactly what they wanted in the first place.

Yeah but much like Chris Sabat was a discount was a discount Brian Drummond back in the old DBZ dub days. I feel that Colleen Villard will make her Tails voice her own. I mean she already has in the Boom tv show

Just now, Ultimate Victory 64 said:

Yeah but much like Chris Sabat was a discount was a discount Brian Drummond back in the old DBZ dub days. I feel that Colleen Villard will make her Tails voice her own. I mean she already has in the Boom tv show

Eh I don't see it personally. I just hear Kate Higgins, but with the most wildly inconsistent voice tone I've ever heard from a Sonic VA.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was fine. Roger Craig Smith's voice is still really old to be Sonic, and it won't change, because his voice is just that deep and old. But, as with his Boom stuff, he pulls off that cocky, lazy Sonic personality pretty well and he's still the best actor as far as Sonic VAs goes.  And, it's pretty nice to see Travis Willingham do a serious Knuckles. Only way Travis can fit Knuckles is him voicing Knuckles like Sonic (talk cartoon loud all the time haha), so it's cool to work a bit of his range there. It works rather nicely. And I like Liam O'Brien as Infinite. That evil ham works so well with him lol Tails and Eggman were great, too.

The only ones I don't like is Keith Silverstein as Vector and Kirk Thornton as Shadow. The latter is still trying too hard to sound young and it just sounds really awkward, while the former gives him a really dopey cartoon voice and it really doesn't work.

This video has pretty much sold me on Roger as Sonic. I am totally in love with Sonic's voice after Forces!

Eh, the problem I have with RCS is that can't unhear his Chris Redfield voice out of Sonic. Like Chris Redfield doing an impression of his younger self that feels off at times. But poor writing and VA direction from ST doesn't help much either.