Awoo.

Wondering if anyone knows any info on this Sonic Display sign?

SonicFan1997

I found this sign at the swap meet today and I could barely find any info on it! Does anyone remember seeing it in a store or actually own a store that had this sign to help me figure out more about it to help me restore it?  I know it had a neon tube that is long gone now. I plan on restoring this sign to its former glory and would like to know if my assumption of blue as the neon color is correct! thanks for checking this thread out!

37129978534_eccac80fd4_k.jpg

It's quite literally what it looks like. They were signs for videogame stores to hang in the shops, the white area under the coming soon was re-writable.

So the store owner could write the new releases on them then update the board as and when new games came out.

Odds are it was a US thing, but they've popped up all over the place.

Early to mid 90s.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Stasis said:

tinker522kn-img1200x900-1507715058c5qcms

tinker522kn-img1200x900-1501636269mgr6kx

Not signed in

I never thought the neon would be red but this is exactly what I was looking for! thank you so much!

Figured I'd give you guys an update! I have replaced the whiteboard with a brand new one, also I did not like that a sega sign had red neon and since I can not afford to have a new tube made I ordered some stuff called E.L. rope in the color blue and some tubing for a fish filter which has not arrived yet. However, the E.L. rope has arrived today and I figured I'd show you guys a preview of what it would look like! Here it is!

37937090981_63e02554a6_z.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

If you find the E.L rope isn't bright enough, take a look at those USB LED strips you can get pretty much anywhere online.

18 hours ago, Stasis said:

If you find the E.L rope isn't bright enough, take a look at those USB LED strips you can get pretty much anywhere online.

Thanks for the suggestion the E.L. rope is actually very bright in person and looks good in the fish tube I've bought and cut into an L shape. I will post a picture of it tomorrow!

Well, here it is! The completed Sonic sign with the replacement "neon tube"  I hope it is alright Stasis that I am borrowing your photo to show a comparison between the original neon  and my replacement "neon".  If it is not just let me know and I will remove the picture from my post! Thanks for checking it out!

Completed Comparison .jpg