Awoo.

Who/What Are You Going To Make First In Sonic Forces?

SpongicX

Sonic Forces is only weeks away from release. For those who are getting the game, you know we have to make a custom avatar. Does anyone have an idea of who or what they'll make first? Is there a certain game or cartoon character you want to replicate, or are you going to make your own character up? What animal and color do you plan on using for starters? Feel free to share your ideas for who you plan on making first. If you need to, feel free to post images of what character you plan on making. 

If I could, I would have made my character, Knick Knack the Squirrel, but squirrels aren't a species option, so I'm out of luck. However, I'm thinking of making a replica of Amy Rose, if possible. I wanted her playable in the game, yet she of course isn't. The game seems to imply it's possible to make an exact look alike of her, considering how hedgehog is a species, you can choose similar looking eyes and color for Amy. People even pointed out in trailer footage  how Amy's dress is a custom outfit piece. Maybe I'll try and change things up, to make her look like more than just modern Amy.  Maybe try making her look like modern Amy, but with the classic Amy quill style. I can always change her outfit, and try different things for different results.  I think it would be neat to see how Amy would look with gadgets, like a grappling hook or flamethrower, not to mention how a hammer is a weapon in the game, so that works perfectly with Amy. 

I do kind of look forward to seeing what crazy variants people might make, maybe a slim Big the Cat? Maybe we'll see Sonic styled characters from other franchises, like Bugs Bunny, or Garfield. While I understand we can only pick one avatar for the story mode, I hope the game gives us the ability to make more characters for replaying levels. Being stuck with only two characters might get a bit underwhelming, especially since there's many options to choose from. I might even try making Sonic styled versions of my favorite gaming icons Banjo and Kazooie, if I get the chance. (bear and bird are a species in the game, so it's possible)

Going to make a Red Bird, find a nice jacket for them. It'll be me, Falcon. XD Then I might just make a bear. Bears don't mess around.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I'm terrible with this kind of stuff. I'm probably going to be stuck on the character creator for like a full 2 hours and then spend the rest of the game hating what I've made and constantly moving shit around...

I know that feeling. I felt the same way about Xenoblade Chronicles X. Loved the game, but regret my character. 

4 minutes ago, therealfalconpawnch77 said:

Going to make a Red Bird, find a nice jacket for them. It'll be me, Falcon. XD Then I might just make a bear. Bears don't mess around.

So I'm not the only one who wants to make a bear and bird duo. 

Going for either Nack the Weasel/Fang the Sniper, Bunnie Rabbot, or Honey the Cat.

Hey, why not.

Gonna be weird to see Sonic refer to them as his partner, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

So I'm not the only one who wants to make a bear and bird duo. 

Usually I draw a bird and armadillo pair, because me and My friend have those as our Sonas, but of course there is no armadillo so my Friend picked bear Instead.

2 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

Going for either Nack the Weasel/Fang the Sniper, Bunnie Rabbot, or Honey the Cat.

Hey, why not.

Gonna be weird to see Sonic refer to them as his partner, though.

That's what's funny about this game. It's going to be funny to see people intentionally try and make weird match ups for this game. Like I said, I already plan on making Amy as a character, so it's going to look strange to see Amy talking to herself, or see Sonic getting too chummy with Amy, when we know he usually acts more uncomfortable around her. Many are likely going to make clones of Sonic (despite 2 Sonics already being playable) so it would really make Sonic look like a bigger ego maniac, to be friends with 2 versions of himself. The more of him, the merrier, I guess? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 4

Just now, SpongicX said:

That's what's funny about this game. It's going to be funny to see people intentionally try and make weird match ups for this game. Like I said, I already plan on making Amy as a character, so it's going to look strange to see Amy talking to herself, or see Sonic getting too chummy with Amy, when we know he usually acts more uncomfortable around her. Many are likely going to make clones of Sonic (despite 2 Sonics already being playable) so it would really make Sonic look like a bigger ego maniac, to be friends with 2 versions of himself.

Avatar cutscenes are gonna get weeeiiiiird. Especially with intentionally terrible OCs being made. It'll be an awkward train wreck that I want to watch every second of.

Also, Shadow costume for the Avatar, so a Shadow boss battle there can get... Strange.

2 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

The more of him, the merrier, I guess? 

WELL YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 4

Might as well do a rundown of what I'd make with all seven options, especially since it'll refresh people's memory of what they are. 

Bird: New character with a long beak and small eyes if possible

Bear: Bark from Fighters

Cat: Big, in the unlikely event that it's remotely possible. If not, probably a copy of Mae's dad from Night In the Woods

Dog: Dogmeat from Fallout 4

Rabbit: That one rabbit design from the original Sonic concept art

Hedgehog: SA1 Sonic, thanks to dat mouth

Wolf: That dorky avatar they use on the cover, except even dorkier looking

• Thumbs Up 2

Let's see: can't make Metal Sonic, ponies, or even Darkwing Duck.

I guess I will try every Sonic character.

Then try to make a badass looking OC and fail.

Try to make girl Sonic and have a cheap laugh.

Play as Gadget the Wolf (from the trailer), because I have little imagination.

EDIT: Unless I can make a cat that looks like El Tigre, from that one cartoon no one cares but me. Which I doubt.

I guess that, if and when I play Forces, I'll make a bird character first because the the looks of it they're the only ones that don't have ridiculous looking mouths, and their double jump ability should be helpful with the avatars incredibly floaty and difficult to control jumping. As for attire, it'll be a bare minimum. Sonic character design excels with simple colour schemes and bold details. Clothing and accessories are totally unnecessary.

Ick... The concept of a custom character in a Sonic game, especially a mainline one, is the the biggest turn off for me.

• Thumbs Up 3

For me it'll probably be the cat, rabbit, bird, or hedgehog species. Purple/Red scouter, Chinese dragon vest, chao backpack, and those Sonic logo sneakers for some outfits.

I like the Bear's abilities, so I'll go with that probably, and I'll equip the Persona 5 outfit. Not sure on what else I'll equip if other stuff is possible.

Honestly, the red wolf has grown on me and I would really like to start off with that (Switch) with slightly different accessories. Then I'll go for something a bit more crazy because I'm being given many choices to choose from (PC).

9 hours ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

If I can, I'm going to resurrect Bark the Polar Bear. 

You will name it..."Small" Bark.

Probably going to make my fancharacter Scarlet first since she's a hedgehog, but her design might be a bit too elaborate to accurately recreate in-game.

The fact that Sonic Team allowed me to do this is a selling point for me alone.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll probably just go with the red wolf, since I'm used to him now and I do kinda like his design. I'll switch up the accessories at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

Species wise, I'm honestly not sure, I was originally gonna make a rabbit but now I'm sold on the dog...but then I can't really decide between those two or possibly a cat, don't even get me started on the colors...

Clothing wise, I want to use the traditional shoes and gloves only on my male character so he wouldn't look out of place but I also kinda want to give him a vest with no pants lol.

Also, that Space Port rental hero confirms your Avatar can have the "cyclops" Sonic eyes, so I'm giving them those for sure.

As for existing character recreations: Probably a 3rd Sonic for shits and giggles but I think many will beat me to it.

If I was getting the game I'd make the trashiest looking hedgehog. Like, just the grossest, dirtiest looking loser the character creator allowed.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1