Awoo.

Blaze is confirmed to not be in Sonic Forces

Sgt Nate V

That's a shame. You'd think in a game where a bunch of characters from different worlds and timelines get merged, that Blaze would somehow be dragged into the mix. Hopefully there's enough custom pieces for the cat avatars to unlock, in order to make an exact replica of Blaze. 

Wasn't this already deconfirmed?

I'm getting kinda confused now, I'll probably wait and see for myself when I get the game. 

13 minutes ago, Sean said:

You guys really want Blaze in this game? In this game?

I certainly didn't. I'm glad to hear that she's been spared the indignity of showing up in this mess.

I almost want to give Sonic Team credit for holding back a little and not reaching into an entirely separate dimension to pluck out as many characters as possible...but then I realize that's basically what they're doing with Classic Sonic and the game is bloated anyway, so nah. Too little too late.

• Thumbs Up 8

20 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I certainly didn't. I'm glad to hear that she's been spared the indignity of showing up in this mess.

I almost want to give Sonic Team credit for holding back a little and not reaching into an entirely separate dimension to pluck out as many characters as possible...but then I realize that's basically what they're doing with Classic Sonic and the game is bloated anyway, so nah. Too little too late.

Yeah, they don't know how to hold back

There's a good chance like with her backstory in sonic 06, they legit just forgot about her

At least they will have time for characters like Silver who really need some serious development in games. Because in Rivals and Rivals 2 he was just an unlikable asshole who smiled less than Shadow. He is only likable in the Mario and Sonic games.

So far in the game he reminds me of Archie Silver. Which is a great sign.

Just now, Joseph Henry said:

At least they will have time to develope characters like Silver who really need some serious development in games. Because in Rivals and Rivals 2 he was just an unlikable asshole who smiled less than Shadow.

To be fair in this game, he doesn't seem much like anything. The most development i've seen are in these prequel comics. Hopefully the game's story isn't so bad, the prequel comics are the most you get out of it, but atleast the comic yes he seems more like an actual character instead of a nothing trying to be shadow to some degree

2 minutes ago, Joseph Henry said:

At least they will have time for characters like Silver who really need some serious development in games. Because in Rivals and Rivals 2 he was just an unlikable asshole who smiled less than Shadow. He is only likable in the Mario and Sonic games.

Silver doesn't need any development at all because his story is over and done. The whole ruined future thing has been opened and closed TWICE now. I'm honestly certain that the only reason Silver is in this game is because of who is charge of the story for this game. He honestly just shouldn't be here at all.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

To be fair in this game, he doesn't seem much like anything. The most development i've seen are in these prequel comics. Hopefully the game's story isn't so bad, the prequel comics are the most you get out of it, but atleast the comic yes he seems more like an actual character instead of a nothing trying to be shadow to some degree

Well, he gets beaten up by Infinite, so that's something lol

Just now, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Silver doesn't need any development at all because his story is over and done. The whole ruined future thing has been opened and closed TWICE now. I'm honestly certain that the only reason Silver is in this game is because of who is charge of the story for this game. He honestly just shouldn't be here at all.

Yes he does! He is finally not the only one who has problems, so we'll be finally see him be nice to others and stuff, instead of just beating up people without thinking or being a complete moron.

9 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Eh, you could create a new story that involves the character. sonic, tails, knuckles, amy and team dark go on adventures all the time, why cant silver. Seems like giving up to me. I mean you can argue that silver shouldn't exist by hypothetical single timeline time travel rules but that's another discussion , its a good discussion and a fair argument. That's just another discussion.

Eh, Blaze has her own world to look after. I'm she has faith in Sonic that he'll set things right.

Which he will, we all know how this works.

46 minutes ago, PandaChao said:

I don't see what would be the point of her appearing anyways. Atleast it'll protect her respect from this game. lol

Bah, in a game where the stakes are so high, and Eggman is closer than he's ever been to total victory, it really makes even less sense to let her sit on the sidelines.

Not only is she a speedster (which in this franchise is the most important thing), but considering that Shadow is batting for the other team, and Sonic has been more or less captured, Blaze would be the only person that the Resistance has access to that would be capable of attaining a Super Form, which is a PRETTY BIG DEAL. Especially when you consider that is highly likely that she already has all 7 Sol emeralds in her back pocket. Its not even like she would have to go on an adventure to collect them before she can help.

Shoot, if you knocked on her door and asked for her help, Infinite would be staring face to face with Burning Blaze in about 5 minutes.

Shoot.... did I just poke a plot hole into Forces before it even came out?

Blaze lives in a separate dimension, she'd have no way of knowing anything was going down unless someone jumped dimensions and told her. And they never actually established how they go about doing that, so we can't by default assume it's within their means, especially with Eggman controlling most of the world.

• Thumbs Up 2

When it comes to characters in games I look at who is actually popular. Not just by us by as a whole. When i go to cons i see plushies of tails, knuckles, sonic, super sonic, silver, and amy, sometimes rouge. That to me means they are popular in japan since most times those items are imported. I barely see blaze things.

18 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Blaze lives in a separate dimension, she'd have no way of knowing anything was going down unless someone jumped dimensions and told her. And they never actually established how they go about doing that, so we can't by default assume it's within their means, especially with Eggman controlling most of the world.

Tails was capable of building a dimension bridging plane using materials from an alien world. I can't imagine it would be too much to ask him to build something to make the same jump in reverse, with tech he has already mastered.

Or he could just use the same dimensional jumping plane that he has parked in a garage somewhere. Its clear that they have some form of communicating and traveling between the dimensions. So much so that Blaze can leisurely attend birthday parties for crying out loud.

If you can send a party invite, it can't be too much to ask to send a memo stating "Our worlds on fire plz bring Sol Emeralds".

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Sega DogTagz said:

Tails was capable of building a dimension bridging plane using materials from an alien world. 

What? When does this happen?

Tails is capable of building a dimension travelling boat in Sonic Rush Adventure, I don't have any idea what you be talkin' bout.

Just now, StaticMania said:

What? When does this happen?

Tails is capable of building a dimension travelling boat in Sonic Rush Adventure, I don't have any idea what you be talkin' bout.

The boat could fly so I called it a plane.

sue me.

lol

34 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Bah, in a game where the stakes are so high, and Eggman is closer than he's ever been to total victory, it really makes even less sense to let her sit on the sidelines.

Not only is she a speedster (which in this franchise is the most important thing), but considering that Shadow is batting for the other team, and Sonic has been more or less captured, Blaze would be the only person that the Resistance has access to that would be capable of attaining a Super Form, which is a PRETTY BIG DEAL. Especially when you consider that is highly likely that she already has all 7 Sol emeralds in her back pocket. Its not even like she would have to go on an adventure to collect them before she can help.

Shoot, if you knocked on her door and asked for her help, Infinite would be staring face to face with Burning Blaze in about 5 minutes.

Shoot.... did I just poke a plot hole into Forces before it even came out?

She has her own dimension to worry about, so it's not like it's so necessary for her to appear. They could add her in just for the sake of it but that only adds more to over-complicating things. 

Okay. I'm incredibly neutral about this. Incredibly. I guess the worst thing that'll happen is that Polygon or Kotaku (probably both) will have a bitchfit about the lack of female characters, but that'll only give the game more publicity. 

1 minute ago, PandaChao said:

She has her own dimension to worry about, so it's not like it's so necessary for her to appear. 

Sure there is nothing that says she must appear. I'm not under any disillusion in that regard. What I'm saying is that you have no reason to sit on an Ace in the Hole like that. Its like telling your star player to take the night off when the game you need to play tonight is critical to keeping your season alive.

Unless her world is in its own crisis, Blaze would come to help at the drop of a hat. With no Super Sonic or Super Shadow to fall back on (and that is even if you can get your hands on all the Chaos Emeralds) Blaze is the single best hope you have for the inevitable final battle. Excluding her, or not selling out to getting her involved would be incredibly shortsighted from the ground level vantage point.

You've GOT to be freaking kidding me... As mediocre as Forces looks, one of the selling points was the big amount of characters involved in the story. I was confident she would be there. They can be bothered to throw in the Chaotix and Omega and Silver, but Blaze was too much to ask? No story reason is valid here. She showed up for Sonic's birthday but won't show when his world is in danger? Wrap your head around that stupid BS. I'm sorry I ever tried to get myself hyped for this. REALLY wanted to see my favorite character, even if she was gonna do nothing more than traipse around with the other good guys. This is pure laziness. They're probably too scared to try and fix the 06 plotholes they started. I'd be content if they just ignored them like all other plot points, but no. Screw this trash. I'll get a used copy if at all. 

• Thumbs Up 3