Awoo.

Blaze is confirmed to not be in Sonic Forces

Sgt Nate V

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

" Fuck you for liking this character " feeling sucks man.

Agreed. It's the absolute worst feeling in the world when it comes to fictional media. For a long time, when it came to my favorites, there was nothing worse. 

• Thumbs Up 2

47 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I don't know what I can do or say to quell the storm this has caused really. All I can say is that, despite agreeing with the decision that it's better she not be in THIS particular game, I understand and sympathize with those who wanted her to appear regardless. And I sincerely wish for it to happen sometime in the future.

I know it's sappy but I really do want everyone to be happy. 

You are a cool guy. Nothing you need to say to calm people down. I'm aware me wanting Blaze in is selfishness on my part and just paranoia where that part of me that fears they'll never use her for anything meaningful again.

Also funny thing is she wasn't my fave until around 2012 when I started learning more about her and watched a certain artist friend of mine who drew her often. So i didn't get to really know her before then as I didn't really play Sonic Rush/Sonic 06 or any game she appeared in besides Generations and Sonic Runners the other year ago. Sonic Rush & stuff I just watched on youtube, so I've experience time with her less then many. Sonic was my fave starting from the early 90s up until a few years ago. sometimes i think changing my tastes little was a big mistake. xD

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

You are a cool guy. Nothing you need to say to calm people down. I'm aware me wanting Blaze in is selfishness on my part and just paranoia where that part of me that fears they'll never use her for anything meaningful again.

Also funny thing is she wasn't my fave until around 2012 when I started learning more about her and watched a certain artist friend of mine who drew her often. So i didn't get to really know her before then as I didn't really play Sonic Rush/Sonic 06 or any game she appeared in besides Generations and Sonic Runners the other year ago. Sonic Rush & stuff I just watched on youtube, so I've experience time with her less then many. Sonic was my fave starting from the early 90s up until a few years ago. sometimes i think changing my tastes little was a big mistake. xD

Oh thanks. 

It's interesting how one ends up picking their favorites.

I was introduced to the series through Adventure 2: Battle and back then, I wasn't even sure I had a favorite. Immediately upon my uncle showing me Sonic Heroes, he pointed at the Chaotix and literally said "These guys are awesome".

And they looked so weird and different. The crocodile was in a shape for a Sonic character I had never seen before, and wore headphones and a gold-chain? The chameleon had a horn on his face and was a ninja. The bee was an actual insect, but also a boy who wore a shirt... and a helmet...? And they all solved mysteries together? It sounded really cool.

I allowed my mind to get flooded with ideas for how they and everyone else could be used in the future. I was young and didn't understand that moving forward, SEGA would just tap-dance around everything and make a mess of this gold-mine of cool shit they had.

• Thumbs Up 1

That is a very big surprise. She is definitely one of the more popular female characters. I would even say she is in second place right after Amy. I wonder why they left her out. Maybe they couldn't find a fitting role for her. It is actually not really easy to find a fitting role for her. In Sonic 06 we had the same problem.

But you know, maybe it is for the best. If a character can no contribute anything to the story, why bother to write him into the story? It is just a shame that it has to be once against her. When Blaze was introduced to the fans, she seem to be an important character. A new big female rival, a female Sonic, a character that was as skilled as Sonic himself. She seem to be the next big character in the line. Now she is just another character. I think at this point even characters like Cream, Big and the Babylon Rouges had bigger roles in the series than her. 

31 minutes ago, Swing said:

That is a very big surprise. She is definitely one of the more popular female characters. I would even say she is in second place right after Amy. I wonder why they left her out. Maybe they couldn't find a fitting role for her. It is actually not really easy to find a fitting role for her. In Sonic 06 we had the same problem.

But you know, maybe it is for the best. If a character can no contribute anything to the story, why bother to write him into the story? It is just a shame that it has to be once against her. When Blaze was introduced to the fans, she seem to be an important character. A new big female rival, a female Sonic, a character that was as skilled as Sonic himself. She seem to be the next big character in the line. Now she is just another character. I think at this point even characters like Cream, Big and the Babylon Rouges had bigger roles in the series than her. 

Blaze is suppose to be a Sonic Rush series only character in the first place though, so this isn't surprising. 

I don't think Babylon Rogues had a bigger role than Blaze. They never appeared outside the Sonic Riders series (except the Olympic games which Blaze was in too) and Riders is a spin-off. Blaze at least appeared in main Sonic games once or twice, even if they are small roles.

Cream, I miss her, and she hasn't done anything really since Free Riders. And Big? Was he relevant since Heroes?

• Thumbs Up 1

Disappointing since I really like her, but I'm not surprised. Honestly, I wouldn't count on seeing her much anymore outside Mario & Sonic and mobile stuff as Dimps Sonic games seems to be done. 2D Sonic games will probably be filled by Mania/Classic Sonic sequels and Blaze obviously doesn't fit there. Maybe if fans made enough of a stink about it then it might keep her in mind for future 3D games, but I dunno. It sucks that we'll have to likely wait 3-4 years to see if she even has a chance next time.

20 minutes ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

Cream, I miss her, and she hasn't done anything really since Free Riders. And Big? Was he relevant since Heroes?

Not really, but he showed up quite a lot in form of cameos. I think way more than Blaze. And Big is a pretty much talked about character in the Sonic community. So far, that he has become a Meme for this series. And you know how memes in the Sonic community are. A lot of them are remembered years after. 

25 minutes ago, Swing said:

Not really, but he showed up quite a lot in form of cameos. I think way more than Blaze. And Big is a pretty much talked about character in the Sonic community. So far, that he has become a Meme for this series. And you know how memes in the Sonic community are. A lot of them are remembered years after. 

But...creating memes is not really a role in the Sonic games is it?

In terms of he's actually done in the series, he hasn't done anything noteworthy since Heroes.

At least Blaze appeared in most recent main Sonic games, and Big since...Heroes? 

3 minutes ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

But...creating memes is not really a role in the Sonic games is it?

In terms of he's actually done in the series, he hasn't done anything noteworthy since Heroes.

At least Blaze appeared in most recent main Sonic games, and Big since...Heroes?

It is nobody's job technically. But a lot of people do take memes very seriously. I mean look at Rick & Morty.

Same we can say about Blaze. Technically she didn't do anything since Sonic Rush Adventure. 

Big had a lot of cameos. Lego Dimensions, Sonic All-Stars, Olympic games, at least as an NPC. 

Yeah, for all the memes he's been used for, his actual game appearances haven't reflected that. Since Heroes, he's been in Chronicles (basically a gag character), All Stars Racing (as a joke character) and Lego Dimensions (directly tied to his meme status at the time). The only game series he's in where he's used in earnest is Mario and Sonic Olympics...which is also the only game series in this list which Sonic Team is more than passingly involved with. 

Wait, forgot about his appearance in Colours DS. That was another earnest appearance (and another one with more involvement from Sonic Team). 

• Thumbs Up 1

But I thought it was obvious she wouldn't be in the game? There's been like zero mentions of her and no screen shots all this time. Everyone else have all been seen/mentioned in either trailers/comics/livestreams/promotional art and the game literally comes out in 2 weeks. Unless she, Cream, and Big are secret characters, I'm sure they aren't in.

I love Blaze but not that bothered. It's already a large cast of characters here and who knows how many will even get enough screen time as the story heavily focus on the Avatar and Infinite. (Sure would be cool if there was more Rush games dedicated to having her and Sonic go on more adventures...)

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

I thought it was pretty much certain too, but more based on the Speed Battle datamine (it revealed Rouge and Omega before we heard about them in Forces, so there was no reason to hide her). People wanted more solid proof regardless though. 

I assumed the worst when the mobile game had Rouge and even Omega in the data mine, but no sign of Blaze. =/

Even though I’m not a big fan of Blaze, it is a shame that out of ALL the main cast she wasn’t able to make even a small appearance. Even Silver got in!

I guess the reason why they didn’t add her is because it would complicate the plot further with her being there. At least with Silver we know he is from the future. There. Done. Blaze on the other hand, alternate dimension or future? Obviously we know she’s from the alternate dimension but Sonic 06 ruined everything by saying she’s from the future and is BBFs with Silver. And apparently, they still are BBFs in Colours DS and Generations. Umm..yeah. 

Anyway, still a shame but I can deal with it!

I think the problem with Blaze is probably her whole backstory with the different dimension. It is a plot point that is not a core to the franchise like for example the whole time traveling idea of Silver. Time traveling was actually used often in the series: SA - well when Tikal did her thing with the other characters, in Sonic 06 they used it, in Sonic Boom, maybe also in the Rival games, but their I'm not 100% sure about.

Anyway, it seems for me that this is the main reason, why they barley used her, because she is a characters from an other dimension. And she can not just jump back and forward like the characters of Rick & Morty or Star vs. the Forces of Evil. 

7 minutes ago, Swing said:

Anyway, it seems for me that this the main reason, why we can barley use her, because she is in an other dimension.

*looks at the pint-sized Sonic from another dimension*

I honestly paid no attention to the mobile game at all (Sometime forget it exist despite having it on my phone), so I didn't know Rouge and Omega data was found in it. That's pretty interesting, though! 

Yeah, I'm just chalking it up to the fact she's from an alternate dimension and that's why she isn't here. Classic Sonic can be pointed out as much as you want, but he wouldn't even be here either if the Phantom Ruby didn't send him here. Convient plot reason to have two Sonic's, but it works. They probably could have went "The SOL Emeralds sensed danger in its alternate world, so it teleported Blaze to help.", but eh... I'll just hope the next game probably will have her in it. (I know she was in Generations, too, for the birthday but anything can be explained to send her to a birthday party for a day. Meh.)

Speaking as someone who likes Blaze as a character, leaving her out of this game is probably one of the few sensible decisions Sonic Team has actually made.

The game is already saturated with characters who probably won't have an opportunity to shine or do anything significant, so it's probably better for a relatively popular and well-handled character to take a back seat.  It's never been easy or controllable to travel between Sonic and Blaze's worlds, so it's incredibly unlikely that she would be on the scene or possible to bring in anyway.  Blaze being at Sonic's birthday party in Generations despite being from another dimension isn't a counter-argument as she shouldn't have been there.  Classic Sonic being in this game despite being from another dimension isn't a counter-argument as he shouldn't be in this game.  Also it's idiotic that Classic Sonic is from a different dimension and the story would make considerably more sense if he was actually from the past.  Classic Sonic in Forces isn't a good argument for anything, except replacing key members of Sonic Team staff.

Admittedly, there is a part of me that thinks "The one character who really is from a different dimension...!"

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

58 minutes ago, FFWF said:

It's never been easy or controllable to travel between Sonic and Blaze's worlds, so it's incredibly unlikely that she would be on the scene or possible to bring in anyway. 

It's been explained before Blaze can use the Sol Emeralds to freely travel across dimensions whenever she feels like it without much trouble. That doesn't mean she gets a free pass to be included in Forces. But i'm just saying.

54 minutes ago, FFWF said:

Blaze being at Sonic's birthday party in Generations despite being from another dimension isn't a counter-argument as she shouldn't have been there.  Classic Sonic being in this game despite being from another dimension isn't a counter-argument as he shouldn't be in this game.

It's one of those counter-arguments where it's based entirely on what is happening and not what makes sense. Mania Sonic is in this game with the justification that there's a dimensional aspect to this. Blaze was in Gen with the justification that it was a meta text on the franchise's 20th anniversary and it legitimately wouldn't make sense if she as an important franchise landmark weren't directly recognised.

Of course it's all moot both ways since the difference between alternate [fictional] dimension and alternate timeline is whether you attach 'time' or 'dimension' to it.

17 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

It's been explained before Blaze can use the Sol Emeralds to freely travel across dimensions whenever she feels like it without much trouble. That doesn't mean she gets a free pass to be included in Forces. But i'm just saying.

Yeah, and that was more of a handwave to address her showing up in games where Solville isn't being threatened directly. Blaze is in the same position as Knuckles in that her backstory and role grounds her to a single area and select plot points but she's a fan-favorite so they stick into more than what's really relevant to her.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Almar said:

Yeah, and that was more of a handwave to address her showing up in games where Solville isn't being threatened directly. Blaze is in the same position as Knuckles in that her backstory and role grounds her to a single area and select plot points but she's a fan-favorite so they stick into more than what's really relevant to her.

I'd argue if she has the ability to do so, then there is no reason she can't take little time off sometimes and visit her friends. Her dimension doesn't require her to guard it 24/7.

1 minute ago, Almar said:

But that's a handwave and it wasn't suggested in the Rush games that Blaze could do that so easy.

It really doesn't matter if it wasn't showcased much in the Rush games. it's something they flat-out include on her modern profiles now. I don't know why everything has to be heavily showcased in a game to be accepted as canon. Characters don't need to be super relevant to a story's plot to be allowed to show up either.

That's disappointing, Blaze definitely deserves more attention than Amy. Who knows how they would have explained her presence though. It isn't ever clear what is cannon with her and what is not.

• Thumbs Up 1