Awoo.

Blaze is confirmed to not be in Sonic Forces

Sgt Nate V

6 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Are there any chances of them putting her in as DLC?

NPCs as DLC? That would be funny.. "Pay $5 to see Tails in cutscenes!"

Just now, Razule said:

NPCs as DLC? That would be funny.. "Pay $5 to see Tails in cutscenes!"

I meant as a playable character like with Shadow.

Anything is possible, but a character that is not actually in the main game in any capacity getting DLC is not very likely.

11 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

[...] Not only is she a speedster (which in this franchise is the most important thing), but considering that Shadow is batting for the other team, and Sonic has been more or less captured, Blaze would be the only person that the Resistance has access to that would be capable of attaining a Super Form, which is a PRETTY BIG DEAL. [...]

Knuckles, Tails?

11 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

[...] Especially when you consider that is highly likely that she already has all 7 Sol emeralds in her back pocket. Its not even like she would have to go on an adventure to collect them before she can help.

Shoot, if you knocked on her door and asked for her help, Infinite would be staring face to face with Burning Blaze in about 5 minutes.

Shoot.... did I just poke a plot hole into Forces before it even came out? [...]

If Mania logic applies to Forces as well, wouldn't the Phantom Ruby repel the Sol Emeralds?

38 minutes ago, Coma_Blank said:

That's disappointing, Blaze definitely deserves more attention than Amy. Who knows how they would have explained her presence though. It isn't ever clear what is cannon with her and what is not.

Ahem...why? You can't just say that and leave without explanation.

• Thumbs Up 4

It’s a good thing they only have characters who are relevant to the situation. With Knuckles, Team Dark, Silver, and even Chaos, they all have their reasons to be there. Even the Chaotix manage to be tougher than Cream or Big and more fit for this apocalypse situation. 

With Cream and Big also apparently reconfirmed by Webber, I guess this means we have no chance of seeing Sticks, Marine, or the Babylon Rogues. The only other character I could see showing up at this rate is Tikal, due to Chaos’s involvement. Chaos’s showing is longer-term than his in Battle, so I kinda spect her. Maybe Cubot, but given how minor Orbot is here, i think maybe they’ll go back to Orbot’s solo roots.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Razule said:

Not canon.

Neither is Silver, yet here we are.

Both appear in Mania. Disregarding that they also have a pseudo super form in Heroes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I had a feeling that she wouldn't appear in this game. I'm not too disappointed, really.

That said, though, I probably wouldn't mind seeing something like an 'Episode Blaze' DLC. maybe set in Blaze's dimension, with the Phantom Ruby (either before or after the events of Mania & Forces) ending up there. Either Eggman Nega or Captain Whisker (I'd prefer the latter) want it for themselves, while Blaze just wants to get rid of it.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

I meant as a playable character like with Shadow.

Doubtful.  she's just not that popular in Japan. Shadow on the other hand is hugely popular there. Sort of like that one stream they had with the voice actor of sticks in Japan and they showed off shadow for.a second and she starts shreaking Shadow!!!!! It be a neat dlc tie in but highly highly  doubt it

54 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

It’s a good thing they only have characters who are relevant to the situation. With Knuckles, Team Dark, Silver, and even Chaos, they all have their reasons to be there. Even the Chaotix manage to be tougher than Cream or Big and more fit for this apocalypse situation. 

With Cream and Big also apparently reconfirmed by Webber, I guess this means we have no chance of seeing Sticks, Marine, or the Babylon Rogues. The only other character I could see showing up at this rate is Tikal, due to Chaos’s involvement. Chaos’s showing is longer-term than his in Battle, so I kinda spect her. Maybe Cubot, but given how minor Orbot is here, i think maybe they’ll go back to Orbot’s solo roots.

I thought sticks was the new marine

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Is she a phone call away?  Is that how her dimension works? 

We never get the specifics, but we know its possible.

If there is some lampshaded reason as to why she isn't there; such as the Phantom Ruby mucking up cross-dimensional stability/communications; or she was busy; or something - I'd be completely fine with it.

In the absence of such an excuse, it makes no sense that 100% of the Resistance's attention and focus should be to getting in contact and gaining the assistance of their trump card. If your on the losing end of a war, you don't sit back and let your single, most powerful asset take a break.

49 minutes ago, Patron said:

Knuckles, Tails?

If Mania logic applies to Forces as well, wouldn't the Phantom Ruby repel the Sol Emeralds?

Knuckles and Tails super forms got Retcon'd out in Heroes.

and if we stick to Mania logic, Classic Sonic is from another dimension - so that version of Tails and Knux that can turn super aren't here to help. And again, all that is hinging on collecting the chaos emeralds, which might be a tad harder than usual thanks to the heroes being forced to hold ground and Eggman ruling the world.

As for repelling the Sol Emeralds, we don't know how the Ruby would interact with a new set. It certainly didn't repel the Chaos Emeralds when Sonic fought Eggman in the Titanic Monarch. In fact, it drags him and all 7 emeralds along for a ride in the lead-up to the true final boss. That doesn't look like a repel to me.

Even if it did repel emeralds, there really isn't anyway for the Heroes to know that. It would take an out-of-character epiphany for Classic Sonic to even consider that, and even then he'd have to be the master of charades to warn anybody about it. 

Hit it with a Super Form is the tried and true method for fixing all your world ending crisis problems. Its the obvious course of action.

5 hours ago, Gabz Girl said:

And apparently, they still are BBFs in Colours DS and Generations. Umm..yeah.

They don't know each other in Colors DS and in Gens they basically just have a conversation at Sonic's party.

1 hour ago, Sega DogTagz said:

We never get the specifics, but we know its possible.

If there is some lampshaded reason as to why she isn't there; such as the Phantom Ruby mucking up cross-dimensional stability/communications; or she was busy; or something - I'd be completely fine with it.

In the absence of such an excuse, it makes no sense that 100% of the Resistance's attention and focus should be to getting in contact and gaining the assistance of their trump card. If your on the losing end of a war, you don't sit back and let your single, most powerful asset take a break.

Sorry but I just don't agree.

I wouldn't be fine with the reason for her being there getting lampshaded. Especially not for this game. Maybe for a game where I wasn't excited for the story, I'd allow more of that but the flimsy excuse for Classic Sonic being here is more than enough. 

I also don't think so highly of her as to consider her "their single most powerful asset" or their "trump card". And I absolutely hate the idea that the game would just force me to to assume that as well as try and expect me to just fill in the blanks around why she's around. I'm really not okay with that.  I have no idea what the Resistance's situation is. I don't know how they get in contact with other dimensions. There's nothing for me to assume there. If the story doesn't have the time or relevance towards it necessary to try and explain it then it's best they don't muck it up anymore by forcing it for the sake of getting her in like they've done so much in the past. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I also don't think so highly of her as to consider her "their single most powerful asset" or their "trump card".

If Shadow is on the other side, Sonic is out of the picture and the Chaos Emeralds are basically out of reach...

Who exactly would you consider as their most powerful asset if not Burning Blaze? She's already got the emeralds stashed in her vault.

And I absolutely hate the idea that the game would just force me to to assume that as well as try and expect me to just fill in the blanks around why she's around. I'm really not okay with that.  I have no idea what the Resistance's situation is. I don't know how they get in contact with other dimensions. There's nothing for me to assume there. If the story doesn't have the time or relevance towards it necessary to try and explain it then it's best they don't muck it up anymore by forcing it for the sake of getting her in like they've done in the past so much. 

Which is why you address the issue. If the game gives you a reason -- if it takes Blaze off the table - then it is simply something we don't have to even consider any more. If it ignores her situation, if it just forgets that there is a super form wielding demi goddess on standby, then the whole plot falls apart.

All Amy would have to say is "We haven't' been able to reach Blaze" and its problem solved. Without something, I'm left to sit here and wonder why the clearly desprate for manpower Resistance isn't doing more to bring in their big gun.

If Shadow is on the other side, Sonic is out of the picture and the Chaos Emeralds are basically out of reach...

Who exactly would you consider as their most powerful asset if not Burning Blaze? She's already got the emeralds stashed in her vault.

See, this is the issue here. This is asking me to assume a lot of things right out the gate. I don't know what the Resistance's situation is. How am I supposed to know what the status of the Chaos Emeralds are? Why would I assume that if they can't reach the emeralds it'd actually be easier to get into contact with Blaze? I don't know that. 

Which is why you address the issue. If the game gives you a reason -- if it takes Blaze off the table - then it is simply something we don't have to even consider any more. If it ignores her situation, if it just forgets that there is a super form wielding demi goddess on standby, then the whole plot falls apart.

All Amy would have to say is "We haven't' been able to reach Blaze" and its problem solved. Without something, I'm left to sit here and wonder why the clearly desprate for manpower Resistance isn't doing more to bring in their big gun.

We're total opposites then. I don't consider not mentioning her a plot hole or anything like that. Even when Unleashed happened and none of the other characters were around to help with fixing the planet, I didn't consider it a thing that made the whole plot "fall apart". One character not being present, especially a character as hard to explain the appearance of as Blaze, absolutely would not make the whole plot fall apart. 

If you feel it's necessary for the game to address the issue and that does it for you then that's fine though. I don't really see why it's such a huge deal personally however. I can't look at her as this almighty trump card that'd be their most powerful asset and without her there the whole plot literally falls apart. That's silly to me. 

You know that Knuckles Mania And Knuckles mod? Somebody should do that but with Blaze, for Forces. 

Just now, Dr. Detective Mike said:

See, this is the issue here. This is asking me to assume a lot of things right out the gate. I don't know what the Resistance's situation is. How am I supposed to know what the status of the Chaos Emeralds are? Why would I assume that if they can't reach the emeralds it'd actually be easier to get into contact with Blaze? I don't know that. 

Minimal assumptions.

We know Shadow is batting for the bad guys. Be it mind control, or whatever. Even if he is on your side (like a spy or something) he is not around to help when your staring down 5 Death Egg Robo's marching on a city. No assumptions required there. Shadow is off the table.

We know Sonic is removed from the picture at some point during the story. The spaceport gameplay is a rescue mission to go and get him back. No assumptions required there.

We know the Resistance is stretched thin. That they are employing civilians as wanna-be-heroes and that they are still on their last legs. Eggman rules 99% of the planet. No assumptions required. 

The only assumption I'm asking you to make is that it is easier to get in touch with Blaze than it is to get the Chaos Emeralds. I don't feel like that is some insurmountable logic jump, or enough of a reason to dodge the question at hand.

If you can't have Shadow, or Sonic, and the Chaos Emeralds are looking like an adventure in unto themselves, who is your most powerful asset? It has to be Burning Blaze.

Just now, Dr. Detective Mike said:

We're total opposites then. I don't consider not mentioning her a plot hole or anything like that. Even when Unleashed happened and none of the other characters were around to help with fixing the planet, I didn't consider it a thing that made the whole plot "fall apart". One character not being present, especially a character as hard to explain the appearance of as Blaze, absolutely would not make the whole plot fall apart. 

If you feel it's necessary for the game to address the issue and that does it for you then that's fine though. I don't really see why it's such a huge deal personally however. I can't look at her as this almighty trump card that'd be their most powerful asset and without her there the whole plot literally falls apart. That's silly to me. 

I don't think we have to be opposites though. I am right there with you as I would never apply this kind of logic to a story like Unleashed, because it was presented differently. There was no global call-to-arms in that game. No need for anyone outside of Sonic and Chip to get the world right again. Even if other characters pitched in, only Chip had the power to open Gaia Gates and reactivate temples, so its not like having some extra firepower around would have made much of a difference. While it would have been nice to see where the other characters went in Unleashed, the narrative holds up in their absence. At best they could only have held down the fort and waited for Sonic/Chip anyway.

Forces is different. The Heroes are begging civilians for help. They are being forced to repel assaults the likes of which they may not be prepared to handle. All hands are on deck. The narrative is different. Leaving out Blaze is a loose end that unravels that thread. Not because she should be there, but because her absence makes no sense for a team that is about to loose. She's the one character they could reach out to that wouldn't blink at that many Death Egg robots. You'd have to give me some kind of reason as to why she isn't there, why the Resistance isn't prioritizing bringing her in.

I hardly see it as silly. But let me give you a silly analogy from my point of view.

If I looked into my backyard and saw a convoy of old timey British troops marching to take my house, I am left with two options.

a. Tie pots and pans post-apocolyptic style to myself and my dog and attempt a daring against all odds holdout

b. Call the US Army to back me up.

It may not be convenient for me to call the Army. I may have a hell of a time convincing an operator to patch me through to a General because some Red Coats are annexing my pool. I may even get killed hiding in the closet while I am on hold, but to me, expending as much time and effort as it takes is the proper course of action. Now this is not to say that Sonic's cast of buddies are incapable or out of their league, but it does convey that in my back pocket I hold the key to unleashing a force capable of turning the tide in an instant. Why wouldn't I use that key? It be stupid not too. Just like it would be stupid not to bring a Burning Blaze in to swat all these Death Egg Robo's.

I know I'm really late to the party but I'd just like to throw these in for now:

1. Blaze isn't showing up because she lives in a separate dimension that Eggman isn't attacking [yet.]

2. Tails/Knuckles probably couldn't contact her because of Infinite, Chaos, and/or Shadow fuckin shit up and possibly taking the emeralds. The fact that Sonic has apparently been missing doesn't help.

3. Silver is there because his(and Eggman Nega's) future is being affected by Eggman taking over in the present.

4. Eggman Nega and Blaze were confirmed to be from Silver's future and the Sol Dimension, respectively by Iuzuka.

Minimal assumptions.

We know Shadow is batting for the bad guys. Be it mind control, or whatever. Even if he is on your side (like a spy or something) he is not around to help when your staring down 5 Death Egg Robo's marching on a city. No assumptions required there. Shadow is off the table.

We know Sonic is removed from the picture at some point during the story. The spaceport gameplay is a rescue mission to go and get him back. No assumptions required there.

We know the Resistance is stretched thin. That they are employing civilians as wanna-be-heroes and that they are still on their last legs. Eggman rules 99% of the planet. No assumptions required. 

The only assumption I'm asking you to make is that it is easier to get in touch with Blaze than it is to get the Chaos Emeralds. I don't feel like that is some insurmountable logic jump, or enough of a reason to dodge the question at hand.

If you can't have Shadow, or Sonic, and the Chaos Emeralds are looking like an adventure in unto themselves, who is your most powerful asset? It has to be Burning Blaze.

I can't.

I cannot.

I'm sorry but I refuse to just make that assumption. It's been a hot button issue for me whenever it comes to Blaze for the past couple of games she's appeared in now. What you're saying stands as a plausible reason for why it'd be possible to write her in should the developers feel there was enough room and plausible amount of time to give her enough focus. However, I don't see it as a reason why it's necessary and vital to do so though. I just don't. I also wasn't talking about Sonic and Shadow's situation when I said that. I know what the basis for their situation is. I was saying that just that one point about Blaze leads me to start asking and wondering a lot of things.

This idea of Eggman taking over the world is actually my favorite idea for a Sonic plot and for a long time I was planning on writing my own comic about it. However, I neglected to write or include anything for Blaze in the summaries I had for it (at the moment). The idea that the story that I or anyone else wrote would be considered faulty for not utilizing her just baffles me. If the story is written to support what's actually present and being focused on, I don't understand why her not being around would make the whole thing fall apart.

That sounds horrible to me. The idea of Amy mentioning that they couldn't get in contact with Blaze sounds like an easter egg sort of thing. Not necessarily something you'd need to include. I'm just someone who does the opposite of you'd do when I don't see her around. I assume she's in the Sol Dimension and when I see that she's not I get confused and want an explanation. If there is no explanation I get mad. And if they could provide one but don't feel it'd be worth the time or effort deviating from what they've already written to explain how another non-playable character can speak to you over the text boxes then I'm fine with that. 

I don't think we have to be opposites though. I am right there with you as I would never apply this kind of logic to a story like Unleashed, because it was presented differently. There was no global call-to-arms in that game. No need for anyone outside of Sonic and Chip to get the world right again. Even if other characters pitched in, only Chip had the power to open Gaia Gates and reactivate temples, so its not like having some extra firepower around would have made much of a difference. While it would have been nice to see where the other characters went in Unleashed, the narrative holds up in their absence. At best they could only have held down the fort and waited for Sonic/Chip anyway.

Forces is different. The Heroes are begging civilians for help. They are being forced to repel assaults the likes of which they may not be prepared to handle. All hands are on deck. The narrative is different. Leaving out Blaze is a loose end that unravels that thread. Not because she should be there, but because her absence makes no sense for a team that is about to loose. She's the one character they could reach out to that wouldn't blink at that many Death Egg robots. You'd have to give me some kind of reason as to why she isn't there, why the Resistance isn't prioritizing bringing her in.

I hardly see it as silly. But let me give you a silly analogy from my point of view.

If I looked into my backyard and saw a convoy of old timey British troops marching to take my house, I am left with two options.

a. Tie pots and pans post-apocolyptic style to myself and my dog and attempt a daring against all odds holdout

b. Call the US Army to back me up.

It may not be convenient for me to call the Army. I may have a hell of a time convincing an operator to patch me through to a General because some Red Coats are annexing my pool. I may even get killed hiding in the closet while I am on hold, but to me, expending as much time and effort as it takes is the proper course of action. Now this is not to say that Sonic's cast of buddies are incapable or out of their league, but it does convey that in my back pocket I hold the key to unleashing a force capable of turning the tide in an instant. Why wouldn't I use that key? It be stupid not too. Just like it would be stupid not to bring a Burning Blaze in to swat all these Death Egg Robo's.

I'd just end up repeating myself if I responded again to this.

The idea that a character, any character, just not showing up would unravel the thread of an entire plot is silly to me. I wouldn't even consider that the case for any of my favorite characters. I sure as hell doubt that if Omega or one of the Chaotix were stated to not be in the game that the thread would reach 4 pages too. '

Look, I'm not denying that she'd be a strong asset or anything but you're coming from a place that I cannot follow. In my mind, it makes sense for why she wouldn't be there. I don't need an explanation. The fact that she isn't there comes gift-wrapped with an explanation for why she isn't there to me. Her being there wouldn't have an explanation and that makes me mad. They could write in an explanation but if it takes time away from what they're already doing to include an element about dimensional hopping outside of what the Phantom Ruby did or they simply felt it wasn't worth it, then I'm fine with that.

I'm fine with the idea of Sonic's world being stuck in a situation where they have to take care of themselves. 

It's not even like I don't see your point or how it could be an issue for someone else. I don't agree that it's an issue though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Patron said:

Neither is Silver, yet here we are.

Both appear in Mania. Disregarding that they also have a pseudo super form in Heroes.

He is though..?  Rivals is his canon first appearance, same as Nega now canonically being from the future. Choosing to ignore that is one thing, but officially Silver is canon (as.. he clearly exists), and officially, in the modern continuity of games, only male hedgehogs can transform with the Chaos Emeralds, dumb as that may be. Not saying it because I like it being that way, but because that's how SEGA sees it.

They could always change their minds of course, they do that a lot.

Oh wow Blaze who is from another dimension isn't going to be in the game. Thats cancelling my preorder. Fuck you Sega. I hope you go out of business for this foolish decision 

16 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

The idea that the story that I or anyone else wrote would be considered faulty for not utilizing her just baffles me.

And that just kills me to read. To me, its basic literary comprehension. You have to address the obvious elephant in the room. You can't ignore the 800 pound gorilla. Even if you do, he's still sitting there and everybody can see it.

I respect your opinion, and your... indifference to the need for having Blaze come in, I just don't see how you can justify not having her around.

If I were best friends with God, and tomorrow my parents were kidnapped,  then you better believe the next breath out of my mouth would either be to ask God for help or monologue on why I can't ask God for help. Those are the only two options that make any real sense. If the Resistance is staring down total defeat and it so beat down that they need civilian assistance, somebody somewhere better give me an explanation as to why they are not asking God Burning Blaze for help. Any other course of action is a gaping plot hole.

This isn't Omega, or Espio or *insert your favorite character here*. This is a Super Form on tap. To not address it is lunacy

And that just kills me to read. To me, its basic literary comprehension. You have to address the obvious elephant in the room. You can't ignore the 800 pound gorilla. Even if you do, he's still sitting there and everybody can see it.

I respect your opinion, and your... indifference to the need for having Blaze come in, I just don't see how you can justify not having her around.

If I were best friends with God, and tomorrow my parents were kidnapped,  then you better believe the next breath out of my mouth would either be to ask God for help or monologue on why I can't ask God for help. Those are the only two options that make any real sense. If the Resistance is staring down total defeat and it so beat down that they need civilian assistance, somebody somewhere better give me an explanation as to why they are not asking God Burning Blaze for help. Any other course of action is a gaping plot hole.

It kills me to read that I'd be at fault for not considering her an obvious elephant in the room. We just have different takes on what's okay and not okay for this narrative to do when it comes to specific aspects surrounding a tidbit provided by Sonic's universe.

You just see Blaze and her dimension differently from the way I see it. I don't even think we're really all that different when it comes to the central idea you're proposing. We just have different viewpoints on what Blaze's situation qualifies as.

Who knows? Maybe I'm fine because I don't care enough about it.  I feel it's entirely justifiable not having her around. I also agree that there's a way for you to justify having her around. So I'm okay on both fronts. You're only okay on just one of those conditions and that's fine. We agree to disagree and all that.

You've called her "Their big gun/trump card/most important asset/God" at this point. It's clear you have a huge fondness for her so I won't be too harsh about it.

All I can do at this point is put my hand on your shoulder and say "Maybe next time."

Eh, fine. Let me just clean up some messes and I'll leave happy.

1 minute ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

You've called her "Their big gun/trump card/most important asset/God" at this point. It's clear you have a huge fondness for her so I won't be too harsh about it.

Just to be clear, I didn't say all that due to a bias to the character.

Super Forms kill gods, so its no stretch for me to label her as such. Minus the Blue and Black Hedgies, She is the only Hero capable of Super Transformation. To me, in the absence of Sonic/Shadow, that makes her the obvious "Trump Card".

1 minute ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

All I can do at this point is put my hand on your shoulder and say "Maybe next time."

I appreciate the gesture, but to be honest I don't expect her to be in every game, so at the end of the day missing one here and there isn't a real problem. I'll live.

If I get something out of Forces that labels why she can't be there - I'd be completely satisfied. All I care about is someone addressing why "All-hands-on-deck" somehow excludes he 1 person who can make the most impact in this situation ^^