Awoo.

Blaze is confirmed to not be in Sonic Forces

Sgt Nate V

I wonder if Blaze will ever show up in any more Sonic games. Her backstory has been completely ruined by Sonic 06 and, even though that game may be considered non-canon, the idea that Blaze and Silver are partners seems to be more popular than Blaze and Sonic being counterparts. It'll be great if Blaze could feature in another Sonic Rush style game with Sonic as her counterpart, but at this point, I doubt it'll happen. 

As for Sonic forces, I'm sure there'll be some kind of awesome Blaze mod that some kind Sonic fan will make. I can't imagine how Blaze would feature in Sonic Forces without further fragmenting her story anyway. 

2 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Just to be clear, I didn't say all that due to a bias to the character.

Super Forms kill gods, so its no stretch for me to label her as such. Minus the Blue and Black Hedgies, She is the only Hero capable of Super Transformation. To me, in the absence of Sonic/Shadow, that makes her the obvious "Trump Card".

I know you didn't. Your arguments are sound and I didn't outright denounce them.

To me, it doesn't feel obvious to have her in. Honestly, I'd have made the same decision to keep her out if I were in charge. Same goes for Classic Sonic too. I don't care that he has Super Transformation. Workarounds for dimensional travel and the explanation not being there is enough for me to consider it a viable reason for her absence. There'd be no opposition from me if her situation weren't so specific and her being around didn't immediately elicit a huge question mark that nagged me to the point of death.

We're just opposites on the matter. 

2 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

I appreciate the gesture, but to be honest I don't expect her to be in every game, so at the end of the day missing one here and there isn't a real problem. I'll live.

If I get something out of Forces that labels why she can't be there - I'd be completely satisfied. All I care about is someone addressing why "All-hands-on-deck" somehow excludes he 1 person who can make the most impact in this situation ^^

I really need this Blaze situation to get cleared up one day. Perhaps then I'd be able to agree with her being there right alongside you. 

Although I'd probably never cop to saying she can make the most impact in the situation. My boy Charmy could knock Infinite out with one magnificent bee-boy punch and then get Knighted by God before he flew off to help the Justice League defeat Darkseid. It says so in the fan-fiction he wrote about himself.

23 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

This series is going to have some real problems if people start requiring explanations for why not every combat-capable character shows up whenever anything serious happens.

Well Unleashed was pretty crazy.. the heck was Silver then

31 minutes ago, Lucid Dream said:

I wonder if Blaze will ever show up in any more Sonic games. Her backstory has been completely ruined by Sonic 06 and, even though that game may be considered non-canon, the idea that Blaze and Silver are partners seems to be more popular than Blaze and Sonic being counterparts. It'll be great if Blaze could feature in another Sonic Rush style game with Sonic as her counterpart, but at this point, I doubt it'll happen. 

It isn't that Blaze and Silver are partners, they just really like referencing 06 by putting them next to each other.. for some reason. Blaze isn't with him in Forces, so that's something. She's still from another dimension, her backstory's been fixed for, like.. 10 years.

We really gotta stop talking like 06 was yesterday

38 minutes ago, Lucid Dream said:

I wonder if Blaze will ever show up in any more Sonic games. Her backstory has been completely ruined by Sonic 06

The majority of Blaze's appearances in the series have been after '06.

No, I think the idea still stands. Whether or not Sonic Team have written it that way doesn't alter the fact that's how many fans still perceive their dynamic, especially in the Japanese fanbase. It's still relevant, and that's a large part of the fanbase's confusion at her complete omission. 

41 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

This series is going to have some real problems if people start requiring explanations for why not every combat-capable character shows up whenever anything serious happens.

Exactly. What SHOULD happen is explanations for why the ones who are there are present, like how we talked about it so long ago before the days of Boom. Aaaaah, the hopeful afterglow of Generations, when requesting for more characters felt feasible rather than a distant miracle.

I don't think we need explanations for why every character is MIA in every game - That would just be overkill.  Just the ones that are most immediately relevant to the situation. I don't need to be told that Knuckles is off guarding the Master Emerald or Rouge is deep undercover somewhere. Its part of their character, they have other priorities and other jobs to take care of.

All we need is relevancy. If your dicking around with time Travel, you'd probably best mention Silver. If your exploring the Mystic Ruins, its probably a good idea to touch on Big. If the name of the game is Chao - god help me if I don't see Cream somewhere. If you step foot on Angel Island, its guardian best have something to say about that. That's all I want. That is all I think we need.

Sonic isn't tied to any 1 character at the hip. He's allowed to have adventures minus his friends. But if the story pushes him into the backyard or the territory or the scope where you would expect someone we know to be there to lend a hand - I have an expectation that the story should at bare minimum touch on the subject. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Gonna add more here.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

I know I'm really late to the party but I'd just like to throw these in for now:

1. Blaze isn't showing up because she lives in a separate dimension that Eggman isn't attacking [yet.]

2. Tails/Knuckles probably couldn't contact her because of Infinite, Chaos, and/or Shadow fuckin shit up and possibly taking the emeralds. The fact that Sonic has apparently been missing doesn't help.

3. Silver is there because his(and Eggman Nega's) future is being affected by Eggman taking over in the present.

4. Eggman Nega and Blaze were confirmed to be from Silver's future and the Sol Dimension, respectively by Iuzuka.

5. Big also had a side story in the background of Secrets Rings through some cameos and the storybook menu.

6. Silver can also [presumably still] go Super, as Iuzuka mentioned that only Hedgehogs, Chaos, and Blaze can actually go super in the context of the Modern stuff.

7. My opinion, but Classic Sonic feels unnecessary for what this is unless they’ve intentionally been keeping his role on the shush for plot twist sake Also, him apparently being from another dimension now sounds silly and confusing.

8. Amy is more recognizable and important to the franchise than Blaze. Not saying one is better than the other, just pointing out that she’s a bigger concern for most. Also, has she shown up yet?

9. Not really sure why Cream hasn’t shown up yet if Amy has.

10. Not sure if this is canon or conjecture, but I think Captain Whisker is dead/lost.

11. Would the Resistance know about Blaze?

12. The whole “Eggman is taking over and requires aResistance” thing was bound to cause some conspicuous absences.

13. If you really need a reason Blaze was in 06, just subscribe to the theory that she’s an extension of Silver’s powers and imagination since no one acknowledges her anyway.

32 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

when requesting for more characters felt feasible rather than a distant miracle.

The Shadow DLC gives you no hope for the future?

To me, Forces at least provides a stepping stone to bringing everyone back. Maybe even to playable status.

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

6. Silver can also [presumably still] go Super, as Iuzuka mentioned that only Hedgehogs, Chaos, and Blaze can actually go super in the context of the Modern stuff.

If he can still go Super, even he wouldn't know it.

16 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

To me, Forces at least provides a stepping stone to bringing everyone back. Maybe even to playable status.

The Shadow DLC was the aformentioned Miracle. I now again have hope for the characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, Silver can still canonically go super, even if it hasn't been used since '06. That's why Super Silver has merchandise while the non-canon Super Knuckles and Super Tails don't. 

54 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

True.

17 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Yeah, Silver can still canonically go super, even if it hasn't been used since '06. That's why Super Silver has merchandise while the non-canon Super Knuckles and Super Tails don't. 

Da FOQ?!

Blaze, a fan favorite character that actually has to do with different dimensions isn't in Forces.

But another version of Sonic that they basically shoehorned into this game through another game's story gets to be in Forces....

Good job, Sonic Team.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Chuckle 1

2 hours ago, Detective Kaito said:

I don't care if characters that are not playable don't show up.

I thought I was the only one who didn't care about other characters not showing up or being playable.

4 hours ago, Detective Kaito said:

I don't care if characters that are not playable don't show up.

And yet here you are.

4 hours ago, PandaChao said:

I thought I was the only one who didn't care about other characters not showing up or being playable.

Ok so.... good for you? Maybe call us crazy... but some of us actually like different stuff? We have no reason to be satisfied with a series that tosses away characters it originally tried to get us to enjoy in the past. A big cast of characters in a long running series is among the main things that helps makes a big series fun... regardless if some series over do it.

• Thumbs Up 4

11 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Ok so.... good for you? Maybe call us crazy... but some of us actually like different stuff? We have no reason to be satisfied with a series that tosses away characters it originally tried to get us to enjoy in the past. A big cast of characters in a long running series is among the main things that helps makes a big series fun... regardless if some series over do it.

I don't really care if you enjoy a big cast of characters. That's your prerogative. I just couldn't care less if some characters didn't appear. I'm just not going to make a big deal out of it. Especially since they don't really do much nowadays but cheerleading, so honestly I don't have much to care about. If you think a large cast makes the series fun for you then good for you.

18 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

What are you even getting worked up about.

Someone posted their opinion. It wasn't any kind of attack on you. It wasn't a dismissal of your position.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, PandaChao said:

I don't really care if you enjoy a big cast of characters. That's your prerogative. I just couldn't care less if some characters didn't appear. I'm just not going to make a big deal out of it. Especially since they don't really do much nowadays but cheerleading, so honestly I don't have much to care about. If you think a large cast makes the series fun for you then good for you.

If you don't care what i think then why are you here replying to me? If you don't care if other characters show up or get used in the series in meaningful ways then why reply on a topic where good number of people are disappointed by that fact while saying you couldn't care less what they think? And even using somebody else's comment to act like that you are happy that you are not the only person who thinks like you do on the subject which implies the rest of our comments bother you? All it does is makes it look like you are pointing your finger at the rest of us for thinking differently then you. But this is the last I'll reply to you on this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Lord-Dreamerz said:

If you don't care what i think then why are you here replying to me? If you don't care if other characters show up or get used in the series in meaningful ways then why reply on a topic where good number of people are disappointed by that fact while saying you couldn't care less what they think? And even using somebody else's comment to act like that you are happy that you are not the only person who thinks like you do on the subject which implies the rest of our comments bother you? All it does is makes it look like you are pointing your finger at the rest of us for thinking differently then you. But this is the last I'll reply to you on this.

You sounded offended over my opinion. I'm just explaining that I don't feel as strong about the issue as you do.

I really don't know why you are worked up over this. I'm not trying to point any fingers at the rest of you and I think you are blowing a little comment out of proportion.