Awoo.

Live-Action Dora The Explorer movie produced by Micheal Bay | "I kid you not amigos.."

Dee Dude

No this topic's title didn't deceive your eyes... this is legitimately happening..

http://comicbook.com/movies/amp/2017/10/23/dora-the-explorer-movie-michael-bay/  

Just gonna post what's important.

"Dora the Explorer will be wading into uncharted territory soon as she’s scheduled to make her debut on the big screen.

The new movie comes from Michael Bay’s production company Platinum Dunes, along with partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form, according to the Hollywood ReporterNicholas Stoller signed on to develop the script, and he has experience with family-oriented movies such as Storks and The Muppets."

"The new movie is said to focus on a teenaged Dora as she moves into the city to live with her cousin Diego, who also had his own series called Go, Diego, Go!"

"A project based on the property has been in the works for movie theaters ever since 2015, with the writer of the Shrek spinoff movie Puss In Boots Tom Wheeler handling the script with Mary Parent producing."

"Though that version of the project was dormant for years, Paramount is said to be “gung ho” on the Dora the Explorer."

latest?cb=20160618031405

Hollywood, what the hell have you done...?

Edit: So it's not technically Micheal Bay directing this but he's producing it with his company involved so....

I am without words.

And I don't want to know how the movie ends up.

This is beyond ridiculous.

I'm sorry?

This doesn't make any sense whatsoever? Also. Why would you put Dora the Explorer in the hands of a man who thought this was okay? 

transformers01.jpg

I know they must be looking for things to do with Dora, but... this ain't it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait... wait... fuck, no, fuck, this is REAL?! Wasn't there this meme joke fake Dora the Explorer live action trailer years back that cracked on this one?

5 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

Wait... wait... fuck, no, fuck, this is REAL?! Wasn't there this meme joke fake Dora the Explorer live action trailer years back that cracked on this one?

yes

5 minutes ago, KHCast said:

yes

Is this the real life

is this just fantasy

Spoiler

What even was this trailer. I can't believe this is real.

A friend was talking about this today in class and pulled up the college humor bit and I instantly thought it was fake.

... I still wish it was...

This is just... like how? How does something like this even get said in a serious pitch? I'm all for being optimistic about most things but this is just, nah guys.

Like seriously Nick, why? I mean someone (somewhere) could probably argue that you saw something in Avatar with Shyamalan but this? If this actually makes it to the big screen...

I mean what's next? Blue's Clues directed by Uwe fucking Boll?

• Thumbs Up 1

The title is misleading. It's Michael Bays production company Platinum Dunes that is making it. The DIRECTOR is Nicholas Stoller, who also was the writer for The Muppets movie.

The article title itself clearly says Bay is producing it, which is not the same as directing. It pays to actually read your sources thoroughly.

Edited by Rusty Spy

7 minutes ago, Rusty Spy said:

The title is misleading. It's Michael Bays production company Platinum Dunes that is making it. The DIRECTOR is Nicholas Stoller, who also directed The Muppets movie.

The article title itself clearly says Bay is producing it, which is not the same as directing. It pays to actually read your sources thoroughly.

That's your biggest concern lol?

Real talk, I'll edit the title later.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Rusty Spy said:

The title is misleading. It's Michael Bays production company Platinum Dunes that is making it. The DIRECTOR is Nicholas Stoller, who also directed The Muppets movie.

This is still just hilariously stupid lol

• Chuckle 1

14 minutes ago, Creep Dude said:

That's your biggest concern lol

Yes actually. The producer doesn't have much (if any) creative control as the director or the writer, so Michael Bay producing the movie vs directing is a very big difference.

Seeing who the actual director is paints a much different picture about what to expect.

(Also slight clarification in my previous post Stoller was the writer for the Muppets movie not the director)

9 minutes ago, KHCast said:

This is still just hilariously stupid lol

Well yes it is. But not AS stupid as initially thought. The Muppet movie had some funny writing so who knows. And I heard Neighbors was pretty good too

N41dtDG.jpg

This man, I swear. He amuses me. I can't wait to see the absolute train wreck of never-ending chaos this will result in. <3

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, Creep Dude said:

@Rusty Spy Dude..we're talking about a live action film based on a Pre-K show.

I've seen worse ideas

Spoiler

MV5BNTliYzI3YTctOTM5ZS00YTViLWJlMTItMjdk

April Fools is only months away, and this had happen right now? You have got to be kidding me!?! We all know this is going to be a disaster.

hzQntPT.gif

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO NO NO NO NO NO NOPE.

Not even fucking close.

17 minutes ago, Rusty Spy said:

Yes actually. The producer doesn't have much (if any) creative control as the director or the writer, so Michael Bay producing the movie vs directing is a very big difference.

Seeing who the actual director is paints a much different picture about what to expect.

(Also slight clarification in my previous post Stoller was the writer for the Muppets movie not the director)

Well yes it is. But not AS stupid as initially thought. The Muppet movie had some funny writing so who knows. And I heard Neighbors was pretty good too

I dunno, the live-action/CG TMNT movies seem very in-line with the type of movies Bay directs.