Awoo.

Live-Action Dora The Explorer movie produced by Micheal Bay | "I kid you not amigos.."

Dee Dude

You know, there's seriously a problem when Robot Chicken can satirize Dora and have it work because compliments the style of humor that show uses, then to have a live action verison that isn't a parody nor just a one off SNL skit.

Your first mistake was making it theatrical release cause who in the fuck is going to walk into theatre and say, "yep this is what I want to see, live action Dora." and not be alienated by that at all. Second was making it live action, this is the kind of shit you reserve CGI or at the very least 2D animation because it's a theatrical, NOT a direct to video Tv movie you could easily settle with that. Third and most importantly, Michael Bay is involved in this. He's not directing this but there's tends to a misnomer between producer so take that with a grain of salt.

Expections are at rock bottom, I'll be damned is this movie shatters any expections of it flopping and beyond questioning, "Why is this and why am not laughing at it?"

5 hours ago, Strickerx5 said:

I mean what's next? Blue's Clues directed by Uwe fucking Boll?

Can we please? 

Also that fake trailer actually led to a 3 part series. And it'll probably be more enjoyable than this lol.(I swear if this ends up like pg-13 or some shit I'm gonna die of laughter)

Very classy, Michael Bay.
Is he gonna turn Swiper into a mexican stereotype doing sexual harassment to Dora every five seconds?

This thread is maybe just a little bit clickbaity?

While I'm not going to say with absolute certainty that this won't be a total farce, even with Michael Bay's deservedly notorious reputation for bottom-tier films, it's ridiculous to jump to the conclusion that it's going to be the usual Michael Bay guck when 1) he's not directing the movie, and 2) the actual director of the movie is well acquainted with child-friendly works, including Lego Batman and Captain Underpants.  Two movies that are very well known for being absolutely not terrible.  The decision to make the movie live action is questionable, but not unheard of.  No matter what age demographic, entertainment is wont to experiment with format.  I feel like the fact that it's live action has people preemptively assuming that it's going to be a summer blockbuster film of sorts, when it is far more likely to simply be a run of the mill family film.  As far as I'm concerned, the best case scenario is something similar to Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and the worst case scenario is probably something like the live action Alvin and the Chipmunks films.

Take note that I'm not saying this will be a good movie.  In fact, I have no expectations for it one way or the other.  However, I'll certainly be hard-pressed to believe that it's going to be the giant, alien, big-boobied, explosions simulator that Michael Bay is known for.

(That being said, it's still funny to joke about.)

• Thumbs Up 3

Not to jump on the Michael Bay is Dumb Train, especially since I haven't watched his Transformers movies(or any Transformers really), but with that said

...Why?

7 hours ago, Teospooker said:

Is he gonna turn Swiper into a mexican stereotype doing sexual harassment to Dora every five seconds?

:joy:

3 minutes ago, A Zombie KING heavy engine said:

Leaked movie poster:

752f14c5dd989008d2bc243957280bd9--my-daughter-daughters.jpg

As expected, but the real question is how many Run the Jewels songs will they into a feature length Dora the Explorer movie?

• Chuckle 1

7 hours ago, Tara said:

As far as I'm concerned, the best case scenario is something similar to Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and the worst case scenario is probably something like the live action Alvin and the Chipmunks films.

As much shit as I give it, I'd honestly rather an action adventure Dora film lol. Least the memes and laughter at the film will possibly bring the Internet together for a few seconds.

This will work. Nothing surprises me anymore. Mario + Rabbids worked and most thought it wasn't going to, myself included. If Michael Bay would take to direct/produce a Rugrats movie, I won't say it won't work even if I think it won't. That's just the last few years which did a number on me.

23 hours ago, Strickerx5 said:

I mean what's next? Blue's Clues directed by Uwe fucking Boll?

If it has the return of the actual Steve as main character and it is an action spy thriller. Then count me in!

Mailbox: Hey Steve! Here's a letter from some anonymous fellow! Here you go!

Steve sings: We just got a letter! We just got a letter! Let's hope it's not anthrax laced!

*Opens up the letter to reveal that it is a bomb

Steve: Uh oh, it's a bomb! Guys you know we have to do, don't you? That's right! It's time to bring out our handy dandy Spy Code Book!

And the climax of the movie is a chase scene done in the wacky walk cycle when they transition to another part of the house with a green/blue screen backdrop.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

2 hours ago, AdventChild said:

If it has the return of the actual Steve as main character and it is an action spy thriller. Then count me in!

Mailbox: Hey Steve! Here's a letter from some anonymous fellow! Here you go!

Steve sings: We just got a letter! We just got a letter! Let's hope it's not anthrax laced!

*Opens up the letter to reveal that it is a bomb

Steve: Uh oh, it's a bomb! Guys you know we have to do, don't you? That's right! It's time to bring out our handy dandy Spy Code Book!

And the climax of the movie is a chase scene done in the wacky walk cycle when they transition to another part of the house with a green/blue screen backdrop.

It was magenta all along 

• 1 year later...
On 10/24/2017 at 9:28 AM, Teoskaven said:

https://comicbook.com/movies/2018/12/14/dora-the-explorer-movie-benicio-del-toro-swiper/?fbclid=IwAR1vxNYZeb1QJmR25__s_D3ofAo7nYcqTbR1URYusheKrJKBJvGv49YT4FM

I WAS JOKING, FOR FUCK SAKE-

• My Emmerdoods 1