Awoo.

Sonic Forces demo- Green Hill (Modern Sonic gameplay)

HedgehogBR

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

That not wanting something you find bad to thrive doesn't make you a bad fan  and that you can still be a good fan that loves the series

I knew you were saying that, but there are things we shouldn't do to get the point clear. Just because you love a series doesn't mean you should go to extremes like wanting it to fail, when it has a bad enough reputation already. Caring only for what you think in the next game by wanting a game to fail while not caring that people will laugh at Sonic more isn't exactly being good.

C'mon you guys! It looks cool!

HYPE.

(PS.: I'm just making a joke because there's nothing else I can say that wasn't said thus far).

Acknowledge this is a bad game already, you'll live happier :P

15 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

For info...

This is now the 4th Stage which can be beaten in under 60-90 seconds with little effort.

• Thumbs Up 7

9 minutes ago, ScaryCrystalSkull said:

Andaaa what might that be?

Maybe to you and some others here, but not to everyone else as far as I have seen.

I plan to pump as much money into this as I can. Let some fans hate forces. You won't change there minds. Enjoy what you enjoy :). Life goes on

7 minutes ago, ScaryCrystalSkull said:

I knew you were saying that, but there are things we shouldn't do to get the point clear. Just because you love a series doesn't mean you should go to extremes like wanting it to fail, when it has a bad enough reputation already. Caring only for what you think in the next game by wanting a game to fail while not caring that people will laugh at Sonic more isn't exactly being good.

If something looks bad, then it looks bad.

It shouldn't get a free pass 'cause Sonic's reputation is in a dumpster.

They did that to Sonic, if they keep doing it then the series deserves to die.

I love Sonic, it's been a part of my life since I was younger than 10 years old.

But it hurts me more to see him beaten up like a dead horse, and I'd rather see the series end than end up being bad like it is right now.

Or you know, they can actually make a good game for once.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

You won't change there minds. Enjoy what you enjoy :). 

Someone make the argument for the game and who knows you just might.

• Thumbs Up 6

3 minutes ago, Nix said:

If I'm selfish for wanting what I think is best for a franchise that I like, then call me selfish all you want.  But you don't get to pretend like you have the moral high ground, because you're doing the exact same thing.

This isn't some charity event where we're giving money to SEGA from the goodness of our hearts just so we can see this husk of a franchise continue onward.  They want us to pay a good sum of money for this product, and I damn well have the right to complain when that product isn't meeting my hilariously low standards.  I also have the right to complain when the franchise as a whole isn't currently meeting my hilariously low standards.

I never said complaining was a bad thing. It can be good, especially when done constructively, but going to such extreme lengths is just going too far. Last time I checked, wanting a game ruined when there are others on non Sonic sites who like it, that counts as being selfish.

2 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

If something looks bad, then it looks bad.

It shouldn't get a free pass 'cause Sonic's reputation is in a dumpster.

They did that to Sonic, if they keep doing it then the series deserves to die.

I love Sonic, it's been a part of my life since I was younger than 10 years old.

But it hurts me more to see him beaten up like a dead horse, and I'd rather see the series end than end up being shit like it is right now.

Or you know, they can actually make a good game for once.

Not everyone thinks the way you do about the game, nor is looking the same as playing in many ways.

I'm actually not sure I'm on the "Want Forces to fail" train even though it is a completely logical position to hold (and may prove to be right in end).

Because SEGA the company has not given me confidence yet that they understand why people ever liked this franchise to begin with and would say "Only 2D Sonic good. Now just 2D going forward."

Very few want that.

Most want to see efforts like Sonic Adventure 1 done proper justice, be very successful, and lead to even better games. If Modern were to get the axe, I think that might mean 3D gets the axe in general. I absolutely do not support that. 

I want my Mania-inspired game in both 2D and 3D. And I objectively think it would be the best thing for Sonic moving forward.

Again, this is just me.

• Thumbs Up 4

7 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I plan to pump as much money into this as I can. Let some fans hate forces. You won't change there minds. Enjoy what you enjoy :). Life goes on

Idk wanna buy me a copy on Steam? I'm not supporting the game but if someone buys it for me I'll play it

/jk

1 minute ago, UpCDownCLeftCRightC said:

I'm actually not sure I'm on the "Want Forces to fail" train even though it is a completely logical position to hold (and may prove to be right in end).

Because SEGA the company has not given me confidence yet that they understand why people ever liked this franchise to begin with and would say "Only 2D Sonic good. Now just 2D going forward."

Very few want that.

Most want to see efforts like Sonic Adventure 1 done proper justice, be very successful, and lead to even better games. If Modern were to get the axe, I think that might mean 3D gets the axe in general. I absolutely do not support that. 

I want my Mania-inspired game in both 2D and 3D. And I objectively think it would be the best thing for Sonic moving forward.

Again, this is just me.

While I'm not picky about what kind of 3D gameplay Sonic gets overall, I can definitely get where you are coming from regarding the bolded part. And knowing SEGA/Sonic Team, them completely misunderstanding and delivering a subpar 2D only experience would not be surprising, and would only piss off everyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Wanting a game to fail because you want something better from the series is no different from wanting a game to succeed because you want more of the same, especially when they're at odds with other people's desires for the series.

If people are allowed to do the latter without getting called selfish, than the former deserve that same exact right as well. You can't have it one way and not the other.

I'd say it is different in a lot of ways, especially in the case of Forces. What if there are people who like the game a lot? (Which is the case, by the way) Is it really worth ruining the game for them just because people here don't like the style of gameplay?

27 minutes ago, ScaryCrystalSkull said:

Plus, even if you weren't a bad fan for wanting a game to fail, you certainly aren't such a good one, either.

So...what does it matter, then??

It's not bad for wanting a franchise to improve, but rather wanting it to be made in a way that appeals to you when nothing else can do so apparently, that, and Sonic has a bad reputation as it is. Wanting a Sonic game to bomb at the expense of making Sonic more laughable is quite selfish.

Most of the people calling for this already find the series laughable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very much an optimist when it comes this franchise. Short of shit like ShTH/'06 and the Boom debacle, I'm a huge fan of "Modern" Sonic! Enough of a fan to have the boost games on my mind a lot, including general fan consensus (at least around here) on those games. That means I can look at Forces and go "wow this is a lot like Colours, particularly it's weaknesses," and understand why a lot of people are underwhelmed at best. And that's before getting into some of the stuff that's unique to Forces, like the enemy A.I. (or lack thereof in some cases). Nothing about this game's reception surprises let alone upsets me, and I'm looking forward to it.

If people go too far with their complaints, such as genuinely attacking others over it, then sure that's worth being upset over and goes beyond just being critical, but for the most part...that isn't happening, at least not today. The cynicism and snark over the series is definitely exhausting, and ironically makes it hard to sincerely critique the games sometimes--

Spoiler

for example, I remember when LW first came out I was more vocal with my problems with it despite liking the game, but once everyone really locked onto treating it like a punching bag I...stopped bothering, lol

--but it is what it is. My advice is to roll your eyes at the worst of it and move on. But if people have genuine points, maybe...listen to them? Share your own thoughts on the matter, perhaps without calling people selfish?

15 minutes ago, Jango said:

C'mon you guys! It looks cool!

HYPE.

(PS.: I'm just making a joke because there's nothing else I can say that wasn't said this far).

You could just like the posts you agree with and move on if you, self-admittedly, have literally nothing to say.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1

13 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I'll never get you, mate.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, ScaryCrystalSkull said:

I'd say it is different in a lot of ways, especially in the case of Forces. What if there are people who like the game a lot? (Which is the case, by the way) Is it really worth ruining the game for them just because people here don't like the style of gameplay?

"Ruining the game"?

We're talking about critical and financial success here

If they allow that to ruin the already-existing game for them, that's entirely on them

• Thumbs Up 3

I've been pretty content with the boost gameplay style. But I can't really defend the shit that I see in Sonic Forces. I want the Sonic franchise to thrive but this just doesn't cut it. They literally just had Sonic running in a straight line for a good 30 seconds and there is really not much interaction with the stage. You are just blasting through enemies that are just waiting to end their life by Sonic.

Sonicteam took 4 years to make this game? No. This is more like 4 years of development hell. 

• Thumbs Up 8

1 minute ago, The Deleter said:

"Ruining the game"?

We're talking about critical and financial success here

If they allow that to ruin the already-existing game for them, that's entirely on them

Maybe so, but what if the game gets good scores and gets good sales? What will the ones who don't like the game do then, even? What will they think of more people overwhelming the odds of the dislikers' chance at getting the kind of game they want?

And the thing is, that is not really a bad thing at all.

3 minutes ago, ScaryCrystalSkull said:

Maybe so, but what if the game gets good scores and gets good sales? What will the ones who don't like the game do then, even? What will they think of more people overwhelming the odds of the dislikers' chance at getting the kind of game they want?

And the thing is, that is not really a bad thing at all.

It won´t get the same score as Mania, definitely. And after Unleashed, Colors, Gens, LW... well being the 5th time and improving literally nothing apart from visuals, it would be panned, trust me on that one.

I never got why you all "more than 75% defenders" praise the visuals over anything. Yeah, story as well, of course. There is some ratio associated with success in critics´ terms and Forces just doesn´t have it. That´s difficult to understand ?

The ratio is: gameplay : design : visuals : story and there is also game input. No critic would ever praise a game that plays itself in first 25%. Mark that.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm confused...

I get some of the criticism, I've played the previous boost games that admittedly had better level design, I'm disappointed Sonic can't drift or attract rings while boosting for Avatar reasons, yet I still have a positive anticipation towards the game (Unless something is revealed in the next 2-3 weeks that'll piss me off).

Currently, the story is the main highlight of the game, and I hope it doesn't suck.

6 minutes ago, ScaryCrystalSkull said:

What will the ones who don't like the game do then, even? 

Keep making the argument as to why it's not very good?

You know how about you make the argument as to why the game is good instead of what if X is Y?

• Thumbs Up 7

2 minutes ago, superman43 said:

It won´t get the same score as Mania, definitely. And after Unleashed, Colors, Gens, LW... well being the 5th time and improving literally nothing apart from visuals, it would be panned, trust me on that one.

I never got why you all "more than 75% defenders" praise the visuals over anything. Yeah, story as well, of course. There is some ratio associated with success in critics´ terms and Forces just doesn´t have it. That´s difficult to understand ?

The ratio is: gameplay : design : visuals : story and there is also game input. No critic would ever praise a game that plays itself in first 25%. Mark that.

Given that there are Sonic games that have automation that didn't bring their scores down, allow me to disagree.

Plus, I am sure Forces will get a good score like Mania. [/Sarcasm there] I know it actually won't, but I can see a 70s, which is good enough.

46 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

"b-but it's the time limit, there's more to the stage boohooo"

edit2:

I'm actually not sure anymore but there's definitely something wrong at 0:34

Ah, so the Slide is broken. Nice.