Awoo.

Sonic Forces demo- Green Hill (Modern Sonic gameplay)

HedgehogBR

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

this is besides the point that Odyssey has had plenty to show that it isn't just using the hat gimmick, and Mario isn't just blazing through those "empty rooms"

They are both look big and empty, except with Mario you are not blasting at the speed of sound.

2 minutes ago, Jack the Rookie said:

They are both look big and empty, except with Mario you are not blasting at the speed of sound.

Playing odessey thus is true to a extent but not all the world's. Your in a losing argument my friend.  just share if you enjoyed it

12 minutes ago, Jack the Rookie said:
2ivd847.png

ffa2e1.png

348hwsi.png

Ohohohoho!!1!1 A straight line! Look at those corridors everywhere. /s

Not to sound like a smart aleck but what point are you trying to prove here? The first two screenshots are literally straights with enemies that you bowl over and the last screenshot is almost assuredly on a path. Like, i'm not even trying to say your wrong (because to be honest I hope your right) but the examples that your giving aren't helping your case.

Edit: aaannndd dio beat me to this reply already.

Just now, Meta77 said:

Playing odessey thus is true to a extent but not all the world's. Your in a losing argument my friend.  just share if you enjoyed it

I'm saying that you can make this argument for every videogame.

2 minutes ago, Soniman said:

You know I never subscribed to the idea of WANTIGN a game to be blasted by criitics but.....I change my mind

This is not what I or, by the looks here, really most anyone wants out of the Sonic franchise, I do not want my games to be linear automated hallways with bad controls. I want this game to fail critically, I want Sonic Team to know this is not okay. They just do no understand a thing about the franchise they run and it boggles the mind.

Sonic stadium is a very very far cry of the actual voice of the sonic fandom. Youtube and fb probe this.

• Thumbs Up 1

These "I want Forces to fail" comments are becoming really anmoying.

If you want Forces to fail, very well, but you know it won't. If you check any place rather than SSMB, you will know tons of people like the game.

And I'm pretty sure that if Forces was to fail, SEGA would either take a major change in how Sonic plays (unknows if for the better or the worst) or just erase Modern completely and stick to 2D.

• Promotion 1

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Sonic stadium is a very very far cry of the actual voice of the sonic fandom. Youtube and fb probe this.

Because id really trust the opinons and tastes of Sonic YT commentrs

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

And I'm pretty sure that if Forces was to fail, SEGA would either take a major change in how Sonic plays (unknows if for the better or the worst) or just erase Modern completely and stick to 2D.

I'd gladly take either at this point. This game is inexcusable.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 minute ago, Jack the Rookie said:

You'd really have to be pulling at straws in order for that to work though, like i'm not even going to get into the whole Mario thing (mostly because its very clear that that game and this are going for something radically different in terms of gameplay) but it also depends on what game you are pulling examples from. Like if you were to tell me that, lets say bayonetta was full of linear hallways making it equally as bad i'd not only tell you its in an entirely different genre but it also has an entirely different focus on gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 minute ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

If you want Forces to fail, very well, but you know it won't. If you check any place rather than SSMB, you will know tons of people like the game.

Fb proves that they wants sa3

YouTube proves nothing because to thumbs up a comment or to make a video about fans complaining you don't have to do actual investigation to make those videos nor do people engaging in those videos actually translate to any sales figures

I'm not saying there aren't people excited, I am saying those are particularly bad examples

3 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

That's been a lot of comments here since day 1. What I try and do now is ignore and share what I love and my excitment.  my gs is doing a midnight launch

5 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Because id really trust the opinons and tastes of Sonic YT commentrs

I could paste a comment here and put it on yt. What's the difference? Both are media platforms except ones much bigger

12 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Critics generally aren't Sonic fans. 

That's pretty much what I expected out of GHZ. Nothing special. And it even looks more like a tutorial stage than anything else.

The part with the giant gummi worm from Sonic Lost World was kinda cool. Gives the stage a bit more life.  But other than that is is just a straight pass like all the other levels. No gimmicks or any other special thing that are happening in this stage. 

1 minute ago, Celestia said:

People want better for the series and sometimes, that requires a game get bad reviews, as we saw from 06 -> Unleashed and other series over the years. I don't understand arguments like this because as fans, we all want the series to be the best it can be, right?

There's no waay to know how SEGA will see this though. Maybe they will just stop making Sonic.

13 minutes ago, Jack the Rookie said:

What is there to this game besides running through 2D corridors. This game is closer to a walking simulator than platformer.

• Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, Celestia said:

These "I want Forces to fail" comments are becoming really anmoying

If your lover invests in a business where you sell socks and sandwhiches together, and you know it's a bad idea, you're gonna want it to fail so they can realize it because you love him and want him to steer back in track.

• Thumbs Up 1

All I'm going to say is...The leak/Spoilers thread that's likely going up next week is going to be incredible.

The crazy shit I've heard in my discord chat cannot be real.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

There's no waay to know how SEGA will see this though. Maybe they will just stop making Sonic.

I highly doubt the series would end forever. At worst there'd be a break for a few years, which could potentially do some good.