Awoo.

So we're really in a second "Dark Age" huh??

Soniman

12 hours ago, SBR2 said:

So bat 1000 everytime and never ever make mistakes? That's totally a possible thing to do.

No game is intentionally bad. Every now and then you're going mess up. It's just in this fanbase even if it's not the worst game ever it is still somehow the worst game ever.

I think it would be great if Sonic could have another game where a reviewer decides not to list something like "at least this one is technically competent" as part of the Pros column; since they are so hard up for actual reasons for anyone to buy it and they need to let people know that this one isn't another barely playable disaster. In the Forces thread, I'm pretty sure I saw three different reviews from the early batches that acted like not being glitch ridden mess is an achievement worthy of praise for this series.

Ignoring Generations (which got a lot of mileage and goodwill out of the fact that it was unabashedly nostalgia-pandering, so probably should ignore it anyway), it's only been, what, 15 years since there's really been a reason for someone who's not a Sonic fan or under 13 to actively seek out a Sonic game? Batting a thousand is probably far beyond the reach of the franchise with the people Sega keeps letting make the games (if it ever was for the franchise in 3D), but maybe they can set their target a bit higher than the Mendoza Line and have us all breathe a sigh of relief when they manage that.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Tornado said:

I think it would be great if Sonic could have another game where a reviewer decides not to list something like "at least this one is technically competent" as part of the Pros column; since they are so hard up for actual reasons for anyone to buy it and they need to let people know that this one isn't another barely playable disaster. In the Forces thread, I'm pretty sure I saw three different reviews from the early batches that acted like not being glitch ridden mess is an achievement worthy of praise for this series.

Ignoring Generations (which got a lot of mileage and goodwill out of the fact that it was unabashedly nostalgia-pandering, so probably should ignore it anyway), it's only been, what, 15 years since there's really been a reason for someone who's not a Sonic fan or under 13 to actively seek out a Sonic game? Batting a thousand is probably far beyond the reach of the franchise with the people Sega keeps letting make the games (if it ever was for the franchise in 3D), but maybe they can set their target a bit higher than the Mendoza Line and have us all breathe a sigh of relief when they manage that.

Not even Mania? 

Well, I guess maybe it’s a bit too kiddy... %{

And then there’s the whole “Sonic was never good” crap-o-la.

41 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Isn't the game already a glitch ridden mess though? I'd say the controls are glitchy,  Modern Sonic actually runs straight off sharp turns,  even when boost isn't activated. I'd call that a glitch. Unresponsive controls are not fun. 

10 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Not even Mania? 

Well, I guess maybe it’s a bit too kiddy... %{

Mania was developed, presumably, mostly outside of the sphere of influence/meddling of Sonic Team; and Sega has both actively alienated its developers and done a repeat of the curious marketing they attempted with Sonic 4/Colors where the implication is that one of them is the "real" game and the other is just a wing title for it. It seems safe to say that the impact Mania has on the development of future main installments will be fairly limited.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1