Awoo.

Sonic Forces Launch Trailer

Ultimate Victory 64

Query: That Modern Green Hill footage at 0:11.  That's not from the demo stage, is it?  Are there also multiple acts per character per zone?

5 minutes ago, FFWF said:

Query: That Modern Green Hill footage at 0:11.  That's not from the demo stage, is it?  Are there also multiple acts per character per zone?

It's the tag team stage. The Avatar character's just lagging behind; you can just barely spot their ears at the bottom of the screen.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Night on Balding Mountain said:

Coming to theaters November 7th

Hide contents

I couldn't have been the only one to see this

I'd take that movie over live action blend

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

It's the tag team stage. The Avatar character's just lagging behind; you can just barely spot their ears at the bottom of the screen.

Huh, there it is.  I went back and compared to previous official footage of the tag team stage, and it's just the same.  You'd have thought they'd want both characters on screen at once to sell the concept, but at the end of the day I can't equate my mistake to theirs, so that's that.  Thanks.

Next question: I noticed this in the story trailer as well, but I wonder why the cutscene Egg Pawns have different designs?  The ones in stages are yellowish and have two red eyes, the ones in cutscenes are silver and have a visor-like red line.

3 hours ago, Nuggets said:

It might just be because the writing has been mostly trash for a couple years now, but hearing Knuckles narrate the trailer and sound competent as fuck while doing it may be the most satisfying thing I've heard from this franchise character-wise in a very long time tbh

This might be the only thing I liked about the trailer. Knuckles sounds like such a BAMF omg <3 It’s great to be a Knuckles fan right now! 

Everything else though? Been there, done that. Just release the damn game already lol. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, Gabz Girl said:

This might be the only thing I liked about the trailer. Knuckles sounds like such a BAMF omg <3 It’s great to be a Knuckles fan right now! 

It would be even better if he was playable. But oh well.

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

It showed.... absolutely nothing new... My god... they know it's bad.

Are we in agreement that they'll not deliver on the story?

• Nice Smile 1

That, that was a pretty lazy looking Launch Trailer. Especially right after the previous Jap one. Come on. GIVE ME MORE!

• Thumbs Up 1

I really still not get this Eggman-took-over-the-whole-world-feeling. The world still looks like the familiar Sonic world. I always thought a world ruled by Eggman would feel a little bit more whacky and insane. Like we would see his face everywhere on posters or statues of him. Or he would force all the humans and animals to wear fake mustaches or have them all under his mind control and forces them to do the Eggman dance or whatever.

It sounds like they want to make this game way more exciting than it actual is. 

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Chuckle 1

Knuckles sounds strong and competent for a change. You can't close your eyes and imagine boom knuckles talking here.

22 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Although I kind of want to believe this, I think it's much more likely that they just want to keep a lot of the game a surprise. Let's be fair.

That's a hard pill to believe.

25 minutes ago, A Zombie KING heavy engine said:

I really still not get this Eggman-took-over-the-whole-world-feeling. The world still looks like the familiar Sonic world. 

40 minutes ago, Swing said:

humans

Woah there

Ain't no humans on Sonic's World

29 minutes ago, A Zombie KING heavy engine said:

That's a hard pill to believe.

A hard pill to swallow

6 minutes ago, Swing said:

And what about Eggman?

Yeah, Eggman, he's a great guy. Good man. Damn fine man, powerful stache. One of the greats.

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

Although I kind of want to believe this, I think it's much more likely that they just want to keep a lot of the game a surprise. Let's be fair.

If a bunch of previews, people who played the demo,and myself playing the demo , didn't come to the conclusion that its not great. 

I would agree with you

But that happened, so I would like to believe you, but I can't say I actually believe that in good faith.

8 minutes ago, Razule said:

Yeah, Eggman, he's a great guy. Good man. Damn fine man, powerful stache. One of the greats.

I read this In President Drumf's voice

1 hour ago, Razule said:

Woah there

Ain't no humans on Sonic's World

Guess Sonic Team forgot about Unleashed.

Sonic needs to stop having all these multiple worlds. It's fucking with my mind.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

This is almost never the case. Marketing teams don't intentionally hold back from showing 40%+ of the game for the sake of "keeping the game a surprise," because that deters them from using more hype-inducing footage. If it seems like a game is holding back with its spoilers, it's almost always a red flag. Means that the devs aren't confident and/or the game has little to offer.