Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

3 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

For Sonic, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the same thing. 

Don't forget

tumblr_ol8hpeTXxw1sdhuluo1_500.jpg

It could've been a cell that small.

• Chuckle 1

9 minutes ago, SonicLegends said:

20171027_141912_resized.thumb.jpg.2690176ef601f498a49803cb1eb5a8d9.jpg20171027_141902_resized.thumb.jpg.bf0dcec3af53104c01fb22ad97dc9d7e.jpg20171027_141639_resized.thumb.jpg.743be73697d112b739b979167ce8c881.jpg

And then he fades out in the following cutscene.

5 minutes ago, SonicLegends said:

I'm going to upload the Sonic tortured soon guys as it's apparently not actual torture but Eggman wanting to show Sonic his completed empire in his face.

"On top of torturing him."

1 minute ago, APC_Cipher said:

Alright, that's what I thought. 

I'm betting that after Eggman found the Phantom Ruby, he tortured Sonic and experimented on him with it. The result was creating another "Ultimate Lifeform" / Sonic clone, this time powered by the Phantom Ruby, known as Infinite, that's been brainwashed to be loyal to only Eggman. 

I mean, his theme kind of backs that up:

"Cause I've been up against better / Just take a look at my face"

"Cause I was born in this pain / It only hurts if you let it"

"This pain persists, I can't resist / But that's what it takes to be Infinite"

Watch as this is actually right.

Infinite is the one who beat up Sonic allowing Eggman to capture him and get tortured

Just now, Inzaine said:

Infinite is the one who beat up Sonic allowing Eggman to capture him and get tortured

Crap. 

Back to square one I guess. 

5 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

Didn't he save Sonic in the classics at the end of a boss fight IIRC?

I know Boom is non-canon, but there were several episodes of the show which implied that Eggman is actually emotionally dependent on Sonic and his friends because no other organic lifeforms are willing to pay attention to him at all or treat him like the threat he knows he is. So of course he wouldn't kill Sonic-- emotionally, he'd fall apart if he was not able to get attention from Sonic and he knows it! And given how petty and egotistical Eggman is, I don't think its entirely out of character for him to imprison Sonic and increasingly escalate his poor treatment of the hedgehog so that he has control over who and what Sonic pays attention to. 

Boom Eggman, again, is not canon to Forces but might give some insight on how the current Sonic folks interpret the character.

I think so long as they only hint at what Sonic experienced during his time being imprisoned, it won't go over the line. SA2 was good about that-- yes, Shadow was put through hell and basically mind-raped, but the game only talked about that to give details that are absolutely necessary for understanding the story and only hinted at some stuff we accept as canon today, like the mindrape thing. Hell, the roboticization process is outright stated in a lot of old Classic material to be horrific and mind-rapey in its own right, but they never show the worst parts of it. Just what people need to know to know that "roboticization = bad." The period of time that there characters spent being wiped out of non-existance in Generations was also implied to be torturous (Tails says "I felt like I was floating around in a limbo with no body!" and some of the others complain of being completely alone and unable to move-- which is not a pleasant image), but again, they didn't go too far and actually show it.

• Thumbs Up 4

This is some good enemy placement.

v7dUbe6.jpg

These buzzbombers are literally shooting the ground in unison. Eggman's armada is truly not something to be reckoned with.

Gotta say though, I'm really liking this zone's music (Ghost Town Zone. The third level). The best I've heard for Classic Sonic in Forces so far imo

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 2

Just now, ShadowSJG said:

Source please?

Even if I give you the link it won't play because it was taken down. The only reason why I still have it on my end is because I haven't refreshed the page.

8 minutes ago, Ryusuke said:

Was it? Guess I missed an interview.

http://www.tssznews.com/2017/08/03/shun-nakamura-the-story-for-sonic-forces-is-being-created-in-japan/
Not an interview per say, but it was in a few tweets. They (pontiac and graff) don't have the same type of reign they apparently had for lost world. Not sure if the tweets from Nakamura were the only things that mentioned this.

Why are they banishing him into space?

Is Sonic immortal and unkillable or something? Eggman has to remove him from the Earth? That's the simplest way to get rid of him?

What's going on?

• Thumbs Up 5

6 minutes ago, SonicLegends said:

image.png.9bd4113a484d1e93901c7c6e1f0acdf6.pngimage.png.e9ddc75e6f2629f3db5551d563d65b9d.pngimage.png.451a8d1ac38af108dbae08644153df34.pngimage.png.2f28b59f8a1925a36918e08539e4a3cf.pngimage.png.5c4fc39a8aa5eb86d9557340205154c2.pngimage.png.15ae86fbf7d20da8089dfccbd5dd8a06.png

Sorry for not being completely in order here trying to upload stuff fast.

First of all, the fact that they're talking heads on a grey map is boring as hell.

And "banishment to space"? What, they're willing to say that their beloved mascot has been tortured by his arch-enemy for months, but saying the "k" word is too much?

• Thumbs Up 7

3 minutes ago, Super Mechanio said:

Why are they banishing him into space?

Is Sonic immortal and unkillable or something? Eggman has to remove him from the Earth? That's the simplest way to get rid of him?

What's going on?

Like I said Eggman was planning to banish Sonic into space like he did in Adventure 2 once he completed his take over of the world with the Eggman Empire to shove it in his face but because of the Resistance finding out and going to save him he sped it up and decided to get rid of him before they can rescue him.

@Razule ^

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Korke said:

Are the levels as shitty as we were expecting?

Seems so, 2D platforming is very rudimentary and much like Colors doesn't leave much lasting appeal like Gens or Unleashed, some of the levels are pretty friggin pretty tho.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, SonicLegends said:

Like I said Eggman was planning to banish Sonic into space like he did in Adventure 2 once he completed his take over of the world with the Eggman Empire to shove it in his face but because of the Resistance finding out and going to save him he sped it up and decided to get rid of him before they can rescue him.

@Razule ^

I get that, but it's weird they're saying "banish" instead of "kill" or "shoot into space". Or explode.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Korke said:

Atleast from my perspective, the level design went from downgrade of Colors to being literally Sonic Colors without wisps. 

3 minutes ago, Korke said:

They're about as simple as the previews have shown, yeah. I haven't noticed any difference between the demo and the final versions in the stream. 

• Thumbs Up 9

As for the torture though it depends on how we go about it because Eggman's definition of torture could be just showing Sonic how the world is soon going to be his and he wants for Sonic to see how the world is without it's savior as it's brought to ruin.

2 minutes ago, SonicLegends said:

@Razule ^

He didn't try to "banish" him in Adventure 2. He sent him out in an exploding capsule, with the intent to murder the hell out of him.

Quickly, in one go, without any torture involved. Because he's smart and wants Sonic out of his way.

• Thumbs Up 3

15 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

Yo I would've LOVED to have seen a montage of Dr Eggman laughing maniacally while destroying buildings (and innocent people?!) with his Bots and Infinite. It's edgy, but Sonic Forces is edgy already so it works! 

Now I'm sad. D:

Deep down, The entire fanbase would probably pay for DLC that showed that.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, MudHunter said:

Atleast from my perspective, the level design went from downgrade of Colors to being literally Sonic Colors without wisps. 

Wouldn't that be an upgrade?

1 minute ago, Super Mechanio said:

He didn't try to "banish" him in Adventure 2. He sent him out in an exploding capsule, with the intent to murder the hell out of him.

Quickly, in one go, without any torture involved. Because he's smart and wants Sonic out of his way.

The implication with banish here is that it is wanting to send Sonic to his death like in SA2. Eggman is also a egomaniac this isn't anything new.

• Nice Smile 1