Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

1 minute ago, Framerate said:

Like a online mode?

Or a post game unlockable, or something like that.

3 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Near as I could tell the ruby wasn't actually super powerful on its own and needed an outside power source to pull off really big illusions. That's why the resistance destroyed the Death Egg, it was supposedly sending power to the ruby. So if you put the ruby in the machine that's powering it, you can't destroy the power source and weaken the ruby because the ruby's powers are being used to defend it.

This kinda make it even worse, remember when in mania and in the SF comics eggman said that the Ruby is more powerful than the  chaos emeralds.

Honestly the avatar is such an off putting concept to me for a Sonic game that I would likely ignore any game with them in it. 

• Thumbs Up 8

3 hours ago, AuroraRedwinters said:

It's like Shadow the Hedgehog all over again without the memory lapses!

Wouldn't it be Sonic Adventure 2? The post makes it look like Buddy picks in the first stage who to join and sticks with it the rest of the game. The final boss is always the same too.

Wait I just realized something, Eggman STILL hasn’t paid the Chaotix even after conquering the world!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 4

Surprised no one's mentioned it yet, but what's with the ruined Death Egg robots and the rough, coarse and irritating substance that gets everywhere already being in Green Hill? The sand is one thing, I guess the games usually start with Eggman having messed things up and the illusions, but the Death Egg Robots don't make any sense. Who broke them

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Razule said:

Surprised no one's mentioned it yet, but what's with the ruined Death Egg robots and the rough, coarse and irritating substance that gets everywhere already being in Green Hill? The sand is one thing, I guess the games usually start with Eggman having messed things up and the illusions, but the Death Egg Robots don't make any sense. Who broke them

Maybe we'll find out in episode shadow.

4 minutes ago, Booblur99 said:

Maybe we'll find out in episode shadow.

Episode Shadow's probably already after Eggman's taken over. Unless it's actually slightly before Sonic's part.

• Thumbs Up 2

At the very least Episode Shadow might explain what the deal is with the sentinel parts everywhere. Shadow could destroy a few pretty easily--like, Sonic and the Avatar took one down together, and I could've believed either of those two doing it alone, so why not? Alternatively, Eggman was using the place as a dump. ...Or my personal favourite and less handwavey theory: he experimented with putting the Ruby in giant mechs but they couldn't handle it, so he built one more suited to it later.

Also while it's something else that doesn't go explained, I can kinda wave off Green Hill already being desertified. Either it was a side effect of the Ruby being messed around with, or Eggman burned so many resources for this entire plan that it affected the environment a lot faster than his factories usually would.

What I find weird is how Tails comments on the sand in GHZ Classic as if it's a new thing. Had he just...not been there or even heard about it until then? Or was he surprised just how bad it was? I genuinely do get some weird "these are directly translated and therefore kinda awkward" vibes from some lines in this game, moreso than any game since like...pre-Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 7

18 hours ago, Rian said:

Sounds like fun, and also very Samurai Jack-esque. This is actually what I thought the game's plot was gonna be at first, and I was surprised to find out there wasn't any time travel or dimension hopping involved (not counting Classic Sonic)

Long ago in a distant land, I, Eggman, the genius master of robots, unleashed an unspeakable evil! But a foolish hedgehog wielding a magic ring stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in time, and flung him into the future where my evil is law. Now the fool seeks to return to the past and undo the future that is Eggman!

“Gotta Go Fast, Back to the Past, Sonic X”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 6

9 minutes ago, rockerztonight1 said:

I haven’t been following this thread much, but can someone tell me how many Zones there are in the game?

There are seven.

1 hour ago, Soniman said:

this game makes me ill LOL

"Enemies could be lying in wait."

No shit Tails, that's all they're programmed to do.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 3

I have no doubt Hiroshi Miyamoto would have put out a better product, too bad he's moved to Sega's Sports Division, from what I've gathered.

He's absolutely working on the next Mario and Sonic game, at this point. Sega has the license for Tokyo's Olympics, and that's going to be a BIG deal.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

There are seven.

And I guess there are only 3 stages per zone, huh? That would be 21 stages. In that case this game is barely longer than Generations. 

Edit: I forgot there are tag team stages but it’s not like they’re really noteworthy anyway.

6 minutes ago, rockerztonight1 said:

And I guess there are only 3 stages per zone, huh? That would be 21 stages. In that case this game is barely longer than Generations. 

No. There's actually quite a bit more than that. There's at least 30 so far, and from what we've seen, there's a lot more levels to unlock. Red Rings, numbers and Blue moons all look to unlock something.

8 minutes ago, rockerztonight1 said:

Edit: I forgot there are tag team stages but it’s not like they’re really noteworthy anyway.

There's also EX missions where you replay a previously beaten stage with a new objective. Don't know if it's the same layout or not. 

Seems to have plenty of replay value and content. Doesn't excuse the terrible level design though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like how this stage is called Null Space when the only thing related to Null Space is like the first ten seconds. 

• Thumbs Up 5

So, is this game good or bad? It's hard to get the cliff notes on 100 pages of posts, lol. 

Like, what's good and what's bad about the game?