Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

1 minute ago, ShadowSJG said:

Good Lord, can we just calm down. Yes, they used the word torture.Sure it's out place, but to call the game garbage because of this is silly. 

We're calling it garbage for a lot of reasons.

Having edgy tryhard writing is just one small facet of why this game is bad.

Any more places to find streams?

1 minute ago, Super Mechanio said:

We're calling it garbage for a lot of reasons.

Having edgy tryhard writing is just one small facet of why this game is bad.

I think garbage is a stretch.It's not rise of lyric or 06 level bad.

1 minute ago, Blue Blood said:

They've been torturing Sonic for months.

Which doesn't have to mean "physical" torture. It could just mean "mental" torture as Eggman wants for Sonic to see how the world is going without him there.

10 minutes ago, Night on Balding Mountain said:

59f3810ecfaf3_Leveldesign.thumb.jpg.0880e52798ea1f2c45275036ac75c485.jpg

At this point I think you've seen enough of the game to reach a conclusion.

Haha, wow. That's just sad. I'd expect to see something like this in a parody that makes fun of the boost games, but nope. This is the real deal.

"But YOU haven't played it! It's an early level! It's 3D, isn't that what you wanted? I think I can even see an alternate path in the distance! Some parts of Generations were like this too! REEEEEEeeeeeeeee......"

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Chuckle 1

7 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

You don't know that for sure. My copy might be the one with the good level design!

Honestly, if the level design is structured like Colors then that's a good enough sign for me.

1 minute ago, SonicLegends said:

Which doesn't have to mean "physical" torture. It could just mean "mental" torture as Eggman wants for Sonic to see how the world is going without him there.

Sounds dumb no matter what. And frankly, the gameplay looks just as bad as I expected.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Blue Blood said:

Sounds dumb no matter what. And frankly, the gameplay looks just as bad as I expected.

I agree, but we'll perhaps see what they meant as confirmation once Sonic encounters Eggman again I would assume.

I Can't tell if they used the word "torture" on purpose and then showed him simply being confined was intentional or not. It's hard to tell with this series anymore lol.

I do think we're blowing that word a little out of proportion though. And I'm one of the more vocal critics of this game.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, GuyWithThePie said:

Haha, wow. That's just sad. I'd expect to see something like this in a parody that makes fun of the boost games, but nope. This is the real deal.

It get's worse, remember the Ostrich enemies? Wanna guess what their fucntion is? That's right it's to run, and by that I mean to run away from Sonic.

Seriously that's all they do.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 3

2 minutes ago, nilesdobbs said:

Honestly, if the level design is structured like Colors then that's a good enough sign for me.

To be honest dude, it looks less interesting than Colors. 

You'll have to just play it to find out for yourself, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 9

5 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Okay. Tell me the specific problems you've noticed so far in the gameplay.

I’m pretty sure they meant torture as in psysically, just by the serious tone of Knuckles’ voice.

But that’s besides the point. Why would Dr Eggman torture Sonic, even if he let Infinite do the dirty work? It seems very OOC to me.  

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

How do you figure? What parts do you find uninteresting?

1 minute ago, Indigo Rush said:

The person playing the game actually said he enjoys it so far.

From what I can judge with seeing the game does look like it's better than Lost World.

4 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

No.

People have been clearly explaining what they dislike about the gameplay here for months, and no moreso than in the past few days some the demo came out. If you don't know what it is that a lot of us dislike about the gameplay by now, then you aren't listening and this conversation isn't worth having.

You could've just said it was the same issue as before. Damn, don't need to be rude.

6 minutes ago, nilesdobbs said:

It's got Colors basic level designs down, and thats pretty much where it ends. It's added needless amounts of automation, and removes the structural fun Colors had of exploring and revisiting areas when you get new powers.

forgot to mention it even recycles set pieces from Starlight Carnival in Modern Death Egg.

• Thumbs Up 8

9 minutes ago, SonicLegends said:

I agree, but we'll perhaps see what they meant as confirmation once Sonic encounters Eggman again I would assume.

Just like we'll see how Classic being from another dimension now works..

4 minutes ago, Night on Balding Mountain said:

It's got Colors basic level designs down, and thats pretty much where it ends. It's added needless amounts of automation, and removes the structural fun Colors had of exploring and revisiting areas when you get new powers.

Does that apply for all 3 styles?

13 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

I look forward to the large shitstorm this game will provide.

And the reviews, don’t forget those!

I can’t wait for Somecallmejohnny’s review. He’s a great critic and big Sonic fan. I don’t think he’ll like this one very much and I’ll be shocked if he does.

16 minutes ago, nilesdobbs said:

Like Sonic Colours it has 2D platforming mixed with 3D. UNLIKE Sonic Colours the 2D platforming is uninspired and very boring due to the lack of Wisps and fun moments of exploration with said Wisps and the 3D segments are literally corridors with no corners in them. You cannot drift in this game and it’s pretty much ALL automated. That’s how bad the 3D is! 

Also, enemies actually posed a threat in Sonic Colours in most parts of the game while in Sonic Forces they don’t give a shit. How did Eggman rule the world with these numpties??

• Thumbs Up 2