Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

Dang, Vector being the leader of the Resistance would've been really cool. But I guess Commander Knuckles turns more heads than "Commander Vector". 

Don't get me wrong, Knuckles finally being competent again is cool, but this isn't really.. the role for him. Sure he declares himself leader of the resistance in the prequel comic but that comes right the hell out of nowhere and it isn't in the game itself so most people will never know anyway.

• Thumbs Up 3

I feel like this scene in "Sonic Adventure in 5 million Minutes" summarizes Sonic Team's actions rather succinctly.

21 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Tails didn't even do anything useful to help Sonic, not to mention cowering in fear over a few robots and Chaos 0. Clearly, he forgot what he vowed to do in SA1 and SA2.

20 hours ago, Tarnish said:

Tails defeated that giant Egg Walker at the end of Sonic Adventure 1 on his own, now he is scared of a few small robots. He defeated Chaos 4 on his own who had the power of 4 Chaos Emeralds, now he's scared shitless by Chaos 0. When he was scared by those totally average robots, Sonic hasn't been defeated and taken yet, so you can't say it was because that trauma. And when he was scared from Chaos 0 after Sonic has been taken, I'd remind you that he thought Sonic died right in front of him towards the end of Sonic Adventure 2, yet he still carried on fighting. So the whole 'trauma' argument doesn't hold ground either. They simply made him a pussy because god forbid there's another capable character in the story other than the Sonics or your fan character. That would be too much for the writers to handle.

You completely missed the point of my comment.

16 hours ago, Super Mechanio said:

According to Iizuka, they're "on the human world." Since Sonic takes place on two different worlds now.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Okay then.

16 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Wait what does that even mean? We saw plenty of humans in Sonic Unleashed. Since when are there two worlds? Don't tell me Sonic X was right all along.

Pretty much.

15 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

That doesn't even make any sense. Why can't it just be different cities have a different populous? It's much easier to understand. So what there's two "Earth's" for a lack of a better name. No one ever mentions they go between two dimensions or whatever.....man seriously Toriyama after being years away from Dragon Ball can come up with stuff that makes more sense upon returning, than Iizuka can. And this is the guy who thought 18 had purple hair, and thought Super Saiyan 3 was Super Saiyan 2, and Super Saiyan 3 didn't exist.

...Are you serious?

15 hours ago, Super Mechanio said:

The question that Iizuka was asked, saying that Eggman used to be the only human isn't technically correct either. Witchcart was human, presumably.

...I'm not convinced anyone at Sonic Team actually remembers or cares about obscure Gamegear characters, of course, so I guess it's a moot point.

latest?cb=20160331180530

15 hours ago, KHCast said:

Going by colors, the world we see looks almost exactly like the one we see in Unleashed. Wish they made the worlds at least different looking if this has been a thing for awhile. 

Also, what about Gerald? Wouldn't that make eggman not the only human on Sonic's world?

I think they're parallel worlds that are connected somehow.

Eggman was born in the human world, also established in X. As for why he didn't seem to remember that, your guess is as good as mine.

I'm somewhat sure the last thing Iizuka said about multiple worlds was about none of the games being truly continuous with one another (so not really two worlds, just a different one every time). Where's the new two worlds statement come from?

15 hours ago, Razule said:

I mean.. we don't necessarily know he raised Eggman. We don't even know if young Eggman personally knew him.

Yeah, he probably just knew about them.. somehow

Well.. considering there's the question of why GUN isn't in nor even mentioned Sonic Forces as of yet, it kind of is relevant.

He didn't. Eggman knew of his grandfather and looked up to him, but may not have ever actually met him.

13 hours ago, GuyWithThePie said:

Super Mario Odyssey did something like this with the Metro Kingdom, which did raise a few eyebrows at first, but most came to accept it as "Yeah, realistic cities and humans exist in Mario's otherwise wacky world". And a concept like the Metro Kingdom wouldn't seem too out of place in Mario's world anyway, being a country composed entirely of gigantic "skyscrapers" with normal-sized cities at the top. Similar to how Unleashed has its own wacky counterparts to our real-world locations, filled with springs, loop-de-loops and rings.

Wait, those locations are actually part of Mario's world?

4 hours ago, Yuluga said:

Okay, this was brilliant.

Though Robotomy kinda bugs for at least two reasons.

16 minutes ago, DoubleXXCross said:

I'm somewhat sure the last thing Iizuka said about multiple worlds was about none of the games being truly continuous with one another (so not really two worlds, just a different one every time). Where's the new two worlds statement come from?

We went over this like four pages ago, bruh

Could you tell us a bit about the story behind Sonic Colours? It looks more like the old games, which were set on Moebius, than the new-style Sonics set in Station Square...

We have two different worlds for Sonic games – one is human, and one is set on the non-human side. Sonic Colours is set on the non-human side. 

It used to be that Eggman was the sole human. Starting with Sonic Adventure, we're more and more humans show up in the stories. Where are they all coming from?

Iizuka: The world that Sonic lives in and the world the humans live in are separate worlds. But, some of the canon games do have Sonic and humans together, and part of that is based on what world is being portrayed when the game is developed. There are kind of different worlds that do exist and sometimes there's some crossover.

Link 1

Link 2

Also Aaron Webber pretty much directly confirms they take place on two planets here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even though Knuckles doesn’t really suit the leader role in Sonic Forces, I’m glad they have finally made him a cool guy like how he was in SA1-2 and not just a dumb joke.

I have noticed however that Knuckles’ personality, like some of the other characters in Sonic Forces is quite...lacking. He’s just the cool serious leader type aaaand that’s it. His diss to Charmy was pretty funny but other than that, not much else. So they’ve done good by making him cool again, but bad by giving him no other traits than that. *sigh* 

Poor Tails though. He definitely got the short end of the stick here. -__-

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

27 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Though Robotomy kinda bugs for at least two reasons

The fact that those kinds of badniks don't even appear in the game, and the implication Eggman turns Sonic's Worldians into robots when he's never done that before, nor is there any implication of that in the game itself?

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

Even though Knuckles doesn’t really suit the leader role in Sonic Forces, I’m glad they have finally made him a cool guy like how he was in SA1-2 and not just a dumb joke.

I have noticed however that Knuckles’ personality, like some of the other characters in Sonic Forces is quite...lacking. He’s just the cool serious leader type aaaand that’s it. His diss to Charmy was pretty funny but other than that, not much else. So they’ve done good by making him cool again, but bad by giving him no other traits than that. *sigh* 

Yeah, that and him leading the charge by taking on Zavok were the only times he really stood out.

1 minute ago, Razule said:

The fact that those kinds of badniks don't even appear in the game, and the implication Eggman turns Sonic's Worldians into robots when he's never done that before, nor is there any implication of that in the game itself?

Well, more like I recall Robotomy being a kinda bad cartoon and it is clearly a punny substitute for Roboticization.

7 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

So are we getting another Sonic Forces comic today, or are they done?

Closer to the release of the game.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

latest?cb=20160331180530

The Archie Sonic team isn't SEGA of Japan or Sonic Team, you know that surely

She isn't even a human.

6 minutes ago, Razule said:

Closer to the release of the game.

The Archie Sonic team isn't SEGA of Japan or Sonic Team, you know that surely

SEGA still overlooks and has to approve whatever the comics does and they clearly didn't give a shit about the liberties taken with one of their more obscure characters, which goes along with the comment I was replying to.

36 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Wait, those locations are actually part of Mario's world?

Yeah, Odyssey is the first main series game (Besides Sunshine) where we get a look at Mario's world beyond the Mushroom Kingdom. Basically Mario's take on Sonic Unleashed, but without the Werehog.

Most of the other kingdoms fit in with Mario's wacky world, but the Metro Kingdom stands out due to how out-of-place it is. Everything is photorealistic, and average adult humans are giants compared to Mario. But it works because it isn't shoved in your face, and it's the only kingdom in the whole game like that.

Obviously Sonic needs to be more consistent than Mario (Despite games like Lost World and Forces throwing all that out the window) which is why I think something like Unleashed is a perfect compromise with its stylized real-world locations and Pixar humans. Having places like Green Hill and Empire City on the same planet would still be a little strange, but not as much as if the humans and their parts of the world were 100% completely realistic.

45 minutes ago, Razule said:

We went over this like four pages ago, bruh

Link 1

Link 2

Also Aaron Webber pretty much directly confirms they take place on two planets here.

Oh man, Kevin's gonna be ticked.

Wait, if there's a human world and an animal world then where do both Sonic Adventure games take place? Angel Island exists in at least SA1, and Knuckles is guarding the Master Emerald in both, so does that mean Angel Island was always in the human world? Then would that mean the classics and Mania are too?

Oh wait, right, lore in Sonic games is dumb as shit.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

So there's two worlds along with a second sister dimension (Sol Dimension) as well as the fact that the Classic Sonic's timeline is now a varient from Modern Sonic's?

...someone either dropped a lot of acid coming up with this or Sonic Team/SEGA don't have consistent guidelines between their various departments.

• Fist Bump 1

9 minutes ago, DoubleXXCross said:

Oh man, Kevin's gonna be ticked.

He already said his piece on it.

Really odd he didn't know about it. 'Course, Forces shows Generations is canon, too, so he was incorrect about that.

7 hours ago, Yuluga said:

I know I’m a wee bit late responding to this, but I love this and I would’ve loved it even more if it was actually in the game along with other Eggman propaganda clips. This is FUN! I know the story in Sonic Forces is meant to be serious but they could’ve thrown in some fun stuff too. SA2 did that with the amazing opening of Sonic Escaping the City. Sonic Unleashed did it with Sonic and Chip’s relationship. Aaaargh..!

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly I wonder why that propaganda video is NOT the segway into Eggman ruling the world. It's much better than a shitty black screen with white text. Woulda been a funny opening too...and honestly I don't find modern Sonic funny usually, so this was a surprise......or maybe I just don't find Sonic funny. Eggman can be though.

• Promotion 1

4 hours ago, Gabz Girl said:

Yes I saw Knuckles character improved. He definitely could use more traits. Also what happened to Tails? Is it really that bad? It can not be that bad right?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, TailsTellsTales said:

Yes I saw Knuckles character improved. He definitely could use more traits. Also what happened to Tails? Is it really that bad? It can not be that bad right?

It is. It's pretty bad.

• Thumbs Up 2