Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

As insignificant as it is, it really is "great design". The hit box on Sonic is clearly very precise. That's a good thing.

• Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Great design.

He really exceeded his expectations there.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

Dunno how they got the glitch to fall through the world but hey, means we can hear that awesome Infinite Boss Battle Music!

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Dunno how they got the glitch to fall through the world but hey, means we can hear that awesome Infinite Boss Battle Music!

So, I guess you could say that's an infinite drop.

• Fist Bump 2

33 minutes ago, McGroose said:

So, I guess you could say that's an infinite drop.

Heck, you could just say he's been thrown into Null Space. It's not a glitch, it's a feature!

9 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

and the captain

9 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

the gun general

Commander.

9 hours ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Dark Doom

Um, it's Black Doom. :lol:

17 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Heck, you could just say he's been thrown into Null Space. It's not a glitch, it's a feature!

Dr. Eggman's Diabolical Traps strike again!

So, remember how the hedgehog avatar's "special ability" was that he could drop rings? Well, turns out that after the day one update... they all drop rings now.

• Thumbs Up 1

So they really did backpedal on their handling of rings?  Fascinating.  They must have really gotten a lot of complaints about that for it to actually affect development of the game.  (But of course, it was a bad decision.)

...Where does this leave the special ability of hedgehog avatars, though?  Do they just not have a special power now?

• Thumbs Up 1

That was one of the patch notes in the day one update actually. Reminds me of the update they added to SLW, the 100 rings = extra life that wasn’t in the game to begin with! At least this one got in day one. But yeah, that does leave the hedgehog Avatar with no special ability. 

Also I see Sonic Team is still obsessed with blocky low rate NSMB level design. Bah.

9 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Now if only someone would get the Infinite vs Avatar theme.

29 minutes ago, FFWF said:

...Where does this leave the special ability of hedgehog avatars, though?  Do they just not have a special power now?

The hedgehog ability is now "Dropped Rings will remain longer after taking damage". Yay?

Anyway... yeah. My Switch copy turned up yesterday, already beaten the main story. The game is... uhh... certainly a thing.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Infinite ∞ said:

Wait, does now every character drop the rings and can get them back or only the avatar?

Can confirm: they all drop rings.

• Fist Bump 1

Now that more people are getting their hands on the game and the patch has been rolled out, any sign of Super Sonic yet? I mean, I know he's in the game, just wondered if any gameplay or maybe a secret boss with him (I live in hope) has surfaced yet.

Colour me surprised with those alternative routes. The later boost games were notable for them. Pity it was in the later levels of this game. And it showed Sonic’s flawed 3D control more. 

But definitely good to see these different routes in 3D space

I still can't belive Sonic is punching Zavok so hard at the end of the boss fight. Guess those 6 months changed him.

Does anyone know how to unlock Super Sonic?

1 minute ago, Infinite ∞ said:

I still can't belive Sonic is punching Zavok so hard at the end of the boss fight. Guess those 6 months changed him.

Does anyone know how to unlock Super Sonic?

Super Sonic is DLC.

I know, but how do you get him? Does it just randomly unlock it or do you need to do something like getting all Red Star Rings?

4 minutes ago, Infinite ∞ said:

I know, but how do you get him? Does it just randomly unlock it or do you need to do something like getting all Red Star Rings?

Can't really know that till the DLC comes out.