Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

Just now, Razule said:

Has GUN been mentioned?

Not yet; just an "intelligence division". This might be a Resistance thing, but according to the white-on-black text before this dialogue, this is a month before Eggman took over the world, so I'm not sure what's happening.

I feel like the writers of this game forgot that Eggman took over the world, since he talks about taking it over again during the game. (by destroying it first, no less)

It's like the game's plot was revised and changed so many times that it constantly contradicts itself. 

Reminds me of how Iizuka claimed Infinite was just a regular animal, even though the game shows he's just a construct of the Ruby.

• Thumbs Up 6

Stream just happened; Infinite is actually a real animal, a merc who worked for Eggman. His team got their arses kicked by Shadow, Shadow kicked his ass, and then he got angry that Shadow called him weak and got a fancy mask. That's... the gist. 

We sort of see Infinite unmasked. His face doesn't seem to have any animation and it's mostly kept out of shot as such. Going off the name of his squad, it seems he's a Jackal. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 2

5 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Stream just happened; Infinite is actually a real animal, a merc who worked for Eggman. His team got their arses kicked by Shadow, Shadow kicked his ass, and then he got angry that Shadow called him weak and got a fancy mask. That's... the gist. 

Wow. He lost a fight and got pissy about it. What a compelling backstory.

Also, eh? Then what's going on in the game when there's, like, thousands of Infinites? I'm wondering if the "Infinite" we see in the game is a creation of Eggman's that's based on this jackal guy rather than the original? 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

We sort of see Infinite unmasked. His face doesn't seem to have any animation and it's mostly kept out of shot as such. Going off the name of his squad, it seems he's a Jackal. 

.....I’m trying to access the stream right now, but is that really it? So did this jackal merc guy who is unnamed agree with Dr Eggman to become the all powerful being Infinite and wear a mask just because he got beaten down by Shadow? That’s...lame af. 

I NEED to see this. And there’s the comic tomorrow too! 

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Super Mechanio said:

Also, eh? Then what's going on in the game when there's, like, thousands of Infinites? I'm wondering if the "Infinite" we see in the game is a creation of Eggman's that's based on this jackal guy rather than the original? 

Maybe they're all copies of Infinite he tried to create with the Phantom Ruby prototypes.

3 minutes ago, Super Mechanio said:

During the city siege? They're just illusions made by the real Infinite. 

So what were the remixes? All I saw was the last few seconds, so I heard the Shadow the Hedgehog Menu Remix but what else was there?

During the city siege? They're just illusions made by the real Infinite. 

Well there's also the weird blocky things floating around in tubes in Eggman's lab.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, The Tenth Doctor said:

So what were the remixes? All I saw was the last few seconds, so I heard the Shadow the Hedgehog Menu Remix but what else was there?

Menu - Menu (ShTH)

City - Westopolis (/Radical Highway?) (ShTH)

Aqua Road - White Jungle (SA2)

Green Hill - Supporting Me (SA2)

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Tracker_TD said:

Menu - Menu (ShTH)

City - Westopolis (/Radical Highway?) (ShTH)

Aqua Road - White Jungle (SA2)

Green Hill - Supporting Me (SA2)

Aww no Throw it All Away remix? That’s a shame. D:

Was there anything else story related in the DLC that was important besides Infinite’s stupid backstory? 

Screenshot_2017-11-06-13-40-18.thumb.png.c3c6dd624d37fa0e4042e3a5036a1d99.png

This line made me think, was Infinite really just an edgelord before? Or he had a more.... Laid back personality? Well, we are never going to know. Thanks Sonic Team.

• Thumbs Up 3

No Chaos or fake Shadow fight? No Chaos or fake Shadow fight. Can I call them clickbait? Cuz they were the trailer equivalent of clickbait.

• Thumbs Up 9

3 minutes ago, Razule said:

No Chaos or fake Shadow fight? No Chaos or fake Shadow fight. Can I call them clickbait? Cuz they were the trailer equivalent of clickbait.

How about trailerbait?

3 minutes ago, Razule said:

That's not true.

Chaos is there to make Tails a horrible character.

And Shadow is there to give the real Shadow a good moment because his DLC IS TRASH.

Just now, Diogenes said:

Oh god this is so fucking stupid. Infinite's just some whiny "mercenary" crying like a baby because Shadow's stronger than him and beat up his team offscreen. That's all.

Standard shonen villian 101.

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Infinite's just some whiny "mercenary" crying like a baby

World's last Infinite theory: Infinite is Modern Fang the Sniper

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 2

All that wait for the shadow dlc and this is all the exposition we get? At least players get to play as shadow again. Chalk this up as sega hyping something up so big that we think that there is more there than there really is.<_<

Spoiler

I AM NOT WEEEEEAK!!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

Is there a place where I can view the full Shadow DLC part of the livestream? Woun is just playing random stages atm.

I’m pissed off, but this is some juicy shit and I have to see it to believe it!