Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

9 minutes ago, Mauricius said:

So infinite is evil not because he has a troubled past, not because of the Ruby's influence, but literally just because Shadow punched him in the face and called him weak. I thought I was prepared for any new disappointments from this game but this by far exceeded my expectations.

So basically 90 percent of all villians in most mangas currently ongoing in Japan.  not a.big surprise I figured it was a power issue from comics and his song. Not hard

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

So basically 90 percent of all villians in most mangas currently ongoing in Japan.  not a.big surprise I figured it was a power issue from comics and his song. Not hard

Good manga gives their villains engaging motives, rather than just being whiny punks.

Seriously, this is their so-called "cool" new bad guy for the game? This is what they were hyping up for months? Come on.

• Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, Mauricius said:

So infinite is evil not because he has a troubled past, not because of the Ruby's influence, but literally just because Shadow punched him in the face and called him weak. I thought I was prepared for any new disappointments from this game but this by far exceeded my expectations.

Well, considering he was already working for Eggman as a mercenary he was arguably already "evil", or at least, not a good person. But yes getting dunked on by Shadow is all it took to make him a turbo-edgelord.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Chuckle 2

2 minutes ago, Super Mechanio said:

Good manga gives their villains engaging motives, rather than just being whiny punks.

Seriously, this is their so-called "cool" new bad guy for the game? This is what they were hyping up for months? Come on.

Umm what mangas do you read haha most I read it's all about I'm not strong enough to simply wanting to rule over others if anything infinite story reminds me or pain from naruto

I watched the prologue and... it feels like the only thing that holds Infinite back from being a Boom villain is the presentation around him.

7 minutes ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

So..So.... Rouge  and Shadow infiltrate "enemy teritory", which is...The city.
So the city is ruled by someone evil, even before the Eggman invasion? And it's already exploding with giant robots blowing it to pieces BEFORE the invasion starts?
And...and...And in the middle of these explosions, Rouge tells Omega and Shadow to be quiet and stealth like, so they don't make a big scene...While the city is already exploding.

Wait, isn't that exactly the same dialogue from the comic, that took place in the pyramid? So Sonic Team randomly swapped that for a level that makes no sense in this context? Especailly since Rouge then says the base is about to explode, which is that city... Uh.. So pretty sure the pyramid should have been the first level, not the city.

I have to admit, I was impressed by the Infinite backstory cutscene. Mostly because I didn't expect anything.
But got to love the game setting up this angry intense and dramatic connection between Shadow and Infinite....And after this they never interact again.
It's like Sonic Lost world all over again with Eggman having this intense scene with the Zeti that never pays off.
this.. Ah, my brain... It hurts.

But with this, and Sonic Mania's random level order and most of the "tutorial "stages of Sonic Forces actually being mid- game stages...Even Shadow's DLC stage we saw was the third level.....Is Sonic Team having a fetish for randomly shuffling level orders around?
And..Why? It's making the stories non sensical and it can't be for gameplay reasons either since now we got these super easy stages in the middle of the game. I don't understand what the heck's going on.

How do you view the game overall?

Just now, Meta77 said:

Umm what mangas do you read haha most I read it's all about I'm not strong enough to simply wanting to rule over others if anything infinite story reminds me or pain from naruto

One Piece is full of diverse villains with all kinds of motives - ranging from greed to power to personal history with other characters, to sometimes even having good intentions but going about them in the wrong way; Almost none of their motives are "I lost a fight once and now I'm salty forever about it." My Hero Academia's got some engaging (and at times, even funny) villains as well, just to name a couple offhand.

Either way, if your antagonist's whole shtick is "Somebody called me weak, and that makes me sad," then they come across as a pathetic whiner, not a cool or intimidating foe to take on.

• Thumbs Up 6

6 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

So much so you've made your disappointment clear thrice :D!

Ah, I thought this would happen when the Submit button didn't respond. 

Seriously though, even with what Forces has shown before I still thought they would give Infinite something better than this. Maybe the idea would be solid if it weren't for that overdramatic monologue after Shadow beat him, but after hearing that "I AM NOT WEEAAK! URAAGH" thing I would be happier if Infinite was just a projection or something like that. On top of that, Shadow's levels are just the levels from the main game with different object layout (even when that doesn't make any sense whatsoever story-wise) and most of the exposition is done through text. That would be acceptable in a handheld game, not in a game that has supposedly been in development for 4 years.

• Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, molul said:

Could you paste the video link here, please? I just came to this thread and searching through 134 pages is a bit too much ^^U

You can find the livestream on YouTube, just type in Shadow DLC livestream. That’s how I found it. Then simply start the stream from the very beginning and you can watch all of it from there.

I hope someone makes a gif of Infinite’s meltdown soon. It’s so bad it’s hilarious. I still can’t get over it! 

3 minutes ago, A sonic fan said:

everything about this game screams rushed.

Makes you wonder what they were doing for the past four years. We can only speculate, not sure we’ll ever find out what really happened.

2 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

How do you view the game overall?

Uh... Well, it's fascinating to say the least.
Far as gameplay goes, it's not what I want, but it looks fun. Bit clumsy, but fun.
The story... I'm frustrated it wastes so much potential but on the other hand, it's fascinating to try and figure out what Sonic Team is doing. It's so clumsy and awkward and weird it stops being a story and starts becoming a weird thought experiment, an exploration of an entangled mess of ideas, rushed changes, and a terrified team trying to please too many diffrent people at the same time.

So uh, I am enjoying myself with this game. Not in the way it's intended probably, but it's fascinating to watch this all unfold regardless and it isn't too bad to play either, so I guess I'm happy in a weird way.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Uh... Well, it's fascinating to say the least.
Far as gameplay goes, it's not what I want, but it looks fun. Bit clumsy, but fun.
The story... I'm frustrated it wastes so much potential but on the other hand, it's fascinating to try and figure out what Sonic Team is doing. It's so clumsy and awkward and weird it stops being a story and starts becoming a weird thought experiment, an exploration of an entangled mess of ideas, rushed changes, and a terrified team trying to please too many diffrent people at the same time.

So uh, I am enjoying myself with this game. Not in the way it's intended probably, but it's fascinating to watch this all unfold regardless and it isn't too bad to play either, so I guess I'm happy in a weird way.

Do you think its good or so bad it's good?

As well, does this mean you want pontaff back?

I watched the prologue... and right now, Infinite's presentation is the only thing that keeps him back from being the mockery-villain in the Boom-related script.

EDIT: I apologise for repeating my comment. It was accidental.

So. Im one of guys, who complite that game on 100%. And game only grant me new Wispons (there is 63) and Clothes. Nothing more.

Sonic Generations and Unleashed much better in post game content

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ShadowSJG said:

As well, does this mean you want pontaff back?

Can barely tell the diffrence between Pontaff and not Pontaff anymore.
I suppose I do owe them an apology, altough I still dislike their style of dialogue.
Regardless, they've proven themselves compotent with Sonic Boom Fire and Ice and this supposed "Japanese written" story of Forces showcases many if not all of the tropes I hate about Pontaff's writing, so I suppose Forces proves the problem was always more deeper then their abilities.

Long story short, I don't really care anymore.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

Watching it now.

I like how they acknowledge that Omega isn't really cut out for the whole convert recon thing like Rouge or even Shadow are, considering he seems to be an unofficial member of Team Dark.

It's pretty clear Mr. Flynn had access to this when he was writing the tie in

comic.

Not sure what's going on with his voice though. Shadow's sounds better though.

1 hour ago, A_W said:

Woun is now streaming Episode Shadow!

jWUBlGW.png

OoyRt18.png

From the first dialogue scene. When did Rouge turn into Sonic?

Yeah, seriously.

1 hour ago, Razule said:

Has GUN been mentioned?

Ah. Well that explains "I've been up against better just take a look at my face". 

What?

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

I actually like Shadow's and Rouge's voices in the DLC.

Same, though the latter sounds a little close to Kate Higgins at times.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

I can't help but wonder if Nakamura had privately wanted the story to be more about Shadow, with Sonic and the Avatar as background characters. Cause I'm getting a weird Mephiles 2.0 vibe from all this, except somehow lamer.

Nakamura always seemed to favour Shadow over the others. Sonic 06 was like that too, where Shadow had the best story and more interactions with Mephiles.

But here, the only place where Shadow and Infinite interact is in the DLC! It’s not for very long either so like most of the plot in this game it feels wasted.

And I’ve just realised the whole thing with Omega being fixed is never explained! What’s up with that??

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Gabz Girl said:

Nakamura always seemed to favour Shadow over the others. Sonic 06 was like that too, where Shadow had the best story and more interactions with Mephiles.

But here, the only place where Shadow and Infinite interact is in the DLC! It’s not for very long either so like most of the plot in this game it feels wasted.

And I’ve just realised the whole thing with Omega being fixed is never explained! What’s up with that??

He probably had more executive meddling compared to 06, so he only got part of the Shadow spotlight stealing squad through.