Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

Here's a video of ALL of Episode Shadow.

I like how Shadow is in this and the levels do seem a bit fresher, as well as this being a remix heaven of Shadow tunes. The rest is meh.

22 minutes ago, Super Mechanio said:

One Piece is full of diverse villains with all kinds of motives - ranging from greed to power to personal history with other characters, to sometimes even having good intentions but going about them in the wrong way; Almost none of their motives are "I lost a fight once and now I'm salty forever about it." My Hero Academia's got some engaging (and at times, even funny) villains as well, just to name a couple offhand.

Either way, if your antagonist's whole shtick is "Somebody called me weak, and that makes me sad," then they come across as a pathetic whiner, not a cool or intimidating foe to take on.

I'll give you that one piece is my top manga atm and the villians are amazing at times.  My hero is a example at many times of villians and heroes simply upset cause they are not strong who h takes away from a good story but mainly so from how many characters bottom line reasons for their paths is just thag

Wow I got my Infinite vs Shadow fight which I thought would be awesome....but it was a complete stomp. Though it was pre ruby infinite. I hoped for a rematch...but it never happens. Lame. With Infinite and how he came to power, you'd think he'd stop at nothing to fight Shadow and destroy him....but for some reason Sonic comes into this. It feels like Sonic is completely misplaced in going up against Infinite. It really is the Mephiles thing all over again, but even then 06 had Sonic vs Eggman and left Mephiles to Shadow. Infinite despite having connections to Shadow just suddenly....stops caring about him? The backstory would be fine if there was more to Infinite.....but he's just some evil guy who whines about being crushed. The I want to be stronger and not be a loser thing has been done a lot, but it needs more than just an already bad guy wanting more power. Funny enough that would fit Eggman more in the sense of his countless defeats finally making him snap. Then he becomes like some overpowered goofball delighting in his new power and ego going through the roof.

Also they just HAD to show that stupid Sonic comes to the rescue scene again. Couldn't just leave it to Sonic's portion of the game. Just had to remind us all of that thing that took Tails........oh my god it just came to me now. Master Mogul is in the Sonic games universe, and he kidnapped Tails again to power himself up after turning him Super, and the Tails with Sonic since Unleashed has been a fake. IT ALL MAKES SENSE!

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, ShadowSJG said:

Ok, story has issues but it's not 06 level of bad right?

As well, does this mean people don't want playable Shadow anymore?

Japan loves shadow he will come back in time when they can handle a modern take game better

6 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

Ok, story has issues but it's not 06 level of bad right?

Honestly? It's pretty close. If the Avatar had to kiss Sonic back to life I'd probably put them on equal ground.

• Chuckle 8

Can SoJ please give a massive overraul on Sonic Team? They are the worst team they have right now. Besides them, SEGA gaming is doing absolutely fine.

7 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

As well, does this mean people don't want playable Shadow anymore?

Not sure where you got that idea? He has a big fan base, there will always be people who want to play as him.

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Honestly? It's pretty close. If the Avatar had to kiss Sonic back to life I'd probably put them on equal ground.

I still let to understand why that scene was so bad till this day haha xD

22 minutes ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Can barely tell the diffrence between Pontaff and not Pontaff anymore.
I suppose I do owe them an apology, altough I still dislike their style of dialogue.
Regardless, they've proven themselves compotent with Sonic Boom Fire and Ice and this supposed "Japanese written" story of Forces showcases many if not all of the tropes I hate about Pontaff's writing, so I suppose Forces proves the problem was always more deeper then their abilities.

Long story short, I don't really care anymore.

Japanese Colors also has a very boring story, didn’t it?

Maybe Pontaff were only serviceable because they were free of Sonic Team in that case?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JosepHenry said:

Can SoJ please give a massive overrall on Sonic Team? They are the worst team they have right now. Besides them, SEGA gaming is doing absolutely fine.

I'm not sure giving them Mario's pants would help much.

• Chuckle 3

Id say the story overall has more high points then SLW which was just a slog of underwitten character, OOC moments, emotinal lynchpins that are inappropriate and undesrved. Gens which basically has no story (tho id arge what was there has more charm to it then Forces tbh), not Colors (which while now typecast as a  "bad/cringey" story by the fandom I quite enjoy for its simple lighthearted premise), not Unleahsed (which is white bread as FUCK but doesnt do anything super awfully either), ill give it the edge ovr 06/Shadow for at leat having shades of competent writting.But it handedly loses to SA1/2 and MAYBE even Heroes if im being honest

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

A human kisses a hedgehog. That kiss plus Chaos Emerald revive Sonic.

Not only is it gross, but it makes no sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Eh, I disagree. You seem more critical of Sonic than most.

38 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Umm what mangas do you read haha most I read it's all about I'm not strong enough to simply wanting to rule over others if anything infinite story reminds me or pain from naruto

That was one of the first parallels I drew, incidentally enough.

34 minutes ago, Super Mechanio said:

One Piece is full of diverse villains with all kinds of motives - ranging from greed to power to personal history with other characters, to sometimes even having good intentions but going about them in the wrong way; Almost none of their motives are "I lost a fight once and now I'm salty forever about it." My Hero Academia's got some engaging (and at times, even funny) villains as well, just to name a couple offhand.

Either way, if your antagonist's whole shtick is "Somebody called me weak, and that makes me sad," then they come across as a pathetic whiner, not a cool or intimidating foe to take on.

There's also the fact tha Shadow apparently killed his comrades.

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

There are a number of reasons, but I think chief among them is that a realistically-proportioned human woman kissing a cartoony hedgehog is just weird and off-putting to almost everyone.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Infinite ∞ said:

That's not true.

Chaos is there to make Tails a horrible character.

And Shadow is there to give the real Shadow a good moment because his DLC IS TRASH.

As some have already pointed out(albeit for the wrong reasons), that scene with Chaos(or better yet, his presence in the game period) would've been inherently more interesting and dynamic if Cream wasn't conspicuously absent.

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

Oh god this is so fucking stupid. Infinite's just some whiny "mercenary" crying like a baby because Shadow's stronger than him and beat up his team offscreen. That's all.

There's also the fact that Shadow apparently killed his comrades.

37 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

You can find the livestream on YouTube, just type in Shadow DLC livestream. That’s how I found it. Then simply start the stream from the very beginning and you can watch all of it from there.

I hope someone makes a gif of Infinite’s meltdown soon. It’s so bad it’s hilarious. I still can’t get over it! 

Makes you wonder what they were doing for the past four years. We can only speculate, not sure we’ll ever find out what really happened.

likely had an idea then made a dramatic switch midway through development.

25 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

The annoying part is that if Infinite was fleshed out just a bit more, that'd be a passable motivation.

But no, it's just...this random nobody gets beat up and throws a fit. It's almost insulting how bad this is written after all of the PR.

They've learned almost nothing from 06 and it's baffling a game like this is released.

There's also the fact that Shadow apparently killed his comrades.

So you mean to tell that this guy

latest?cb=20141202190711

Had better compelling backstory and developement

Then this guy

latest?cb=20170919162918

The guy who's tonally unfitting for series vs the guy who essentially got a supercharged Roboticization maguffin...

When people were suggesting that Infinite was Mephiles 2.0, they weren't kidding! he would of been better off for it

you somehow found a way to make the Shadow recolor LOOK better by comparison by not being "Him"

You fucking found a way to make, fucking this

latest?cb=20090430055602

Look """""""better""""""

Nakamura when you write something bad you don't take a piss straight up in the air and expect to land in the stall, you take piss in the godamn stall and make sure it goes down. How do you manage to a comparsion look worse from it's predecessor.

How do you even?

also stay away from Tails (assuming you weren't the only one who came up with the ideas to make him a pansy) stay far away from Tails.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

As some have already pointed out(albeit for the wrong reasons), that scene with Chaos(or better yet, his presence in the game period) would've been inherently more interesting and dynamic if Cream wasn't conspicuously absent.

Besides the obvious reason of why people would choose Cream, the real good reason would be having Cheese try and get Chaos to remember the chao. He is a guardian of chao. So upon seeing he has no interest in the chao or Cheese's pleas, we could get subtle foreshadowing that that Chaos is not the same Chaos we knew.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Rusty Spy said:

06 was bad, but at least it understood the basic concept of build-up and payoff. At least it had an antagonist that wasn't a pathetic angsty teenager that got triggered by being called weak. At least 06 pretended to have stakes and tension. At least 06's saturated cast was given things to do. At least 06 had a fucking ending.

Yeah an ending that basically said "Yeah you basically played this game for no reason"

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

There's also the fact tha Shadow apparently killed his comrades.

Shadow is a murderer send him to jail.

2 minutes ago, Rusty Spy said:

At least 06's saturated cast was given things to do.

Yeah I remember how Knuckles...

1 minute ago, Shiguy said:

So you mean to tell that this guy

latest?cb=20141202190711

Had better compelling backstory and developement

Then this guy

latest?cb=20170919162918

I wouldn't go that far. Mephiles doesn't really have any clear motivation for wanting to fuse with Iblis, or much of a backstory, or any real development.

Both get pissed about being beaten by Shadow tho'.

• Chuckle 5