Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

2 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

To me, the same should have been done for the Hard-Boiled Heavies And Deadly Six. 

The Hard Boiled Heavies were Eggrobos would by the Phantom Ruby in a Classic game. Not much room for deep backstory, nor would it really make sense

And why the Deadly Six? Like, I know of one of the few theories/assumptions before Lost World was properly hyped, but why them?

2 hours ago, antyep said:

So basically whatever their idea was probably gonna be a little more descent than what we have now, huh?

Edit: Maybe it would been interesting if Nack became Infinite what with the mercenary thing coming out of nowhere 

Eh, I don't know. I think most people would prefer if Nack was Nack. Why over-complicate or drastically change one of the few recurring villains that is comical and also has nothing to do with Eggman?

2 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Yes. Except this time, the power cores are actual Mobians. Or even humans. With the Heavy King, go farther. Establish the Ruby as slowly taking over him. They could struggle with both the Ruby and Eggman.

So kinda like SCR-HD/Master Core: ABIS?

• Thumbs Up 1

I really didn’t have a problem with simplistic stories found in Colours/Generations.

They felt closer to a less complicated style found in the Classic trilogy/Mania; as well as a breath of fresh air from complex messes with plot holes like Sonic ‘06, Shadow the Hedgehog and even Adventure 2 (better than the other two mentioned though)

The main problem with them was the poor/cringeworthy scripts they gave the voice actors. I don’t get who’s more at fault here.

Forces had a more serious story, but it felt like a desperate attempt to please different fan bases, forgetting some of the progress or plot points of previous games. Tails “losing it” (why would you write this sort of shit in a Sonic game btw?) is a complete opposite effect of what he went through when he was trying to not depend on Sonic anymore. That was good, this just made it seem inconsistent with a lack of thought out into it.

(Man I really hope the new team are given the proper time to shine and not be forced to create stuff like this again).

The comics have been amazing, far better portrayal of showing a better story. Missed opportunity. Let’s see what the Shadow DLC brings.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd also like to point out that Shadow uses Chaos Control in his one cutscene without having a Chaos Emerald in his possession. Apparently that's not needed anymore.

Because fuck consistency, right?

6 minutes ago, RLS Legacy said:

I'd also like to point out that Shadow uses Chaos Control in his one cutscene without having a Chaos Emerald in his possession. Apparently that's not needed anymore.

Because fuck consistency, right?

Unless he does have it. I mean.. emeralds are a non-entity anyway.

23 minutes ago, SonicLegends said:

I really just want to know what happened to this here? Did they cut it out of the game or something?

DIFaX7EXoAAh0Mh.jpg:large

That's Null Space. Maybe that first part was reused assets from a scrapped boss battle. 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, SonicLegends said:

I really just want to know what happened to this here? Did they cut it out of the game or something?

DIFaX7EXoAAh0Mh.jpg:large

It looks a lot like Null Space, to me. Maybe they had more planned for it than the...literal nothing it ended up being.

4 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

One remarkable thing about Forces is the constant feeding us of lines that can be word-swapped and applied to Sonic Team/Sega/this game. 

"What happened, Sonic?" "Nothing happened - literally."

"This will end the same way it always does. With you sitting on a pile of busted robot parts wondering how you could fail so badly!"

"It's good to see you, Sonic. Heck, it's good to see ANY Sonic!"

"I'm an optimist, but I'm also a realist."

"We've been hoping for a miracle these past six months, but I'm afraid we have to make our own miracle."

"I couldn't figure it out for you, buddy. I'm sorry I wasn't smart enough."

"This is terrible. They've made a complete mess of this place!"

"Woah, it's not time for thinking! It's time for running!"

"Does anyone but you believe your lies?"

You forgot this gem of a line.

"Tru Dat."

So Episode Shadow gameplay is surfacing. I assume it's okay to link to it, so here. Plot:

Infinite was a squadron leader of Eggman's army a month before the events of the main game. Shadow, Rouge, and Omega had checked out Eggman's base due to some strange activity happening there. Omega gets screwed with, connection is lost with Rouge, but Shadow confronts Infinite in his original form after his Eggman Army squad is destroyed. He's an animal, but Shadow easily defeats him. He tells Infinite how weak he is and humilates him, telling him "don't show your pathetic face around me ever again". As a result, Infinite feels disgraced and hates his face, refusing to ever show it (we don't actually see what his face looks like, although we get close to doing so). He obtains the Phantom Ruby and uses a helmet that he puts on, covering himself up, saying that "that day, I gave up my own unslightly face. I let go of the old me, the one that was so weak". Basically, in his own words, "I was reborn". Long story short, he has self-esteem issues after Shadow defeated him. I think his name's Infinite because of, in his own words again, "the limitless power I have obtained".

No new locations, by the way. Or bosses. It's also very short. You'll likely be done with it in 15-20 minutes. But the plus side: beating Episode Shadow allows you to play as him in Modern Sonic's stages! You have to go to Modern's first stage to actually get notified of this, for some reason....

• Nice Smile 1

9 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

"I'm an optimist, but I'm also a realist."

Boy, my History of Philosophy class has not be kind to this ine.

"This is terrible. They've made a complete mess of this place!"

When is this said?

"Woah, it's not time for thinking! It's time for running!"

"If you have time to worry, then run!"

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Boy, my History of Philosophy class has not be kind to this ine.

When is this said?

"If you have time to worry, then run!"

I'm pretty sure the second one is in Lost Valley.

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

To what exactly?

To Sonic being curbstomped by the Eggy Six and held captive from 6 months with Zavok apparently torturing him.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

World Map cutscenes are odd, the characters faces only react after they have spoken to the other. Amy did have a proper reaction but it wasn't until after knuckles was talking. it's dumb, should've made them react before talking.

• Thumbs Up 1

It doesn't matter what her reaction was, we got a 6 month time skip, remember?

Unless you're saying she should still be a wreck, but that wouldn't look good for her character.

3 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

So Episode Shadow gameplay is surfacing. I assume it's okay to link to it, so here. Plot:

Hide contents

Infinite was a squadron leader of Eggman's army a month before the events of the main game. Shadow, Rouge, and Omega had checked out Eggman's base due to some strange activity happening there. Omega gets screwed with, connection is lost with Rouge, but Shadow confronts Infinite in his original form after his Eggman Army squad is destroyed. He's an animal, but Shadow easily defeats him. He tells Infinite how weak he is and humilates him, telling him "don't show your pathetic face around me ever again". As a result, Infinite feels disgraced and hates his face, refusing to ever show it (we don't actually see what his face looks like, although we get close to doing so). He obtains the Phantom Ruby and uses a helmet that he puts on, covering himself up, saying that "that day, I gave up my own unslightly face. I let go of the old me, the one that was so weak". Basically, in his own words, "I was reborn". Long story short, he has self-esteem issues after Shadow defeated him. I think his name's Infinite because of, in his own words again, "the limitless power I have obtained".

No new locations, by the way. Or bosses. It's also very short. You'll likely be done with it in 15-20 minutes. But the plus side: beating Episode Shadow allows you to play as him in Modern Sonic's stages! You have to go to Modern's first stage to actually get notified of this, for some reason....

Yeahhh...I was a bit disappointed in the DLC. Wished he played differently.