Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

18 minutes ago, Framerate said:

DLC my friend 

Free DLC probably. I doubt Sonic Team/Sega are that insane, but if they are that will really piss off a lot of people even more.

Just now, Tomzilla98 said:

Right, but I thought it was supposed to be a Day 1 patch?

The patchs adds support for DLC. 

1 minute ago, dbzfan7 said:

Free DLC probably. I doubt Sonic Team/Sega are that insane, but if they are that will really piss off a lot of people even more.

Pay 70 dollars for 7 Chaos Emeralds and 50 dollars for 50 rings

Just going back and reposting older questions to answer later.

On 10/28/2017 at 11:25 PM, ShadowSJG said:

What are thoughts on Infinite overall?

On 11/6/2017 at 1:37 PM, ShadowSJG said:

How would you fix Infinite?

Oh yeah, since it was a point of contention a while back, I tested out the whole "don't press anything during the double boost QTE" thing and it DOES make a difference - you stumble at the beginning of it, costing you some time, you don't get any points bonus (I think), and, as a fun touch, it plays an instrumental version of Fist Bump instead of the vocal version.

Not much, but it's something.

The problem is that A. There wouldn't really be much to do if we're not altering the content otherwise, and B. Every location is really far away from each other.

48 minutes ago, Eternal EX said:

As open as SA1 or as basic as Unleashed?

Kinda in the middle they be very small or decent size but you would have the speed like sa1 to get there quickly also there would be shops to buy items like wispons and avatar items and missions in the hubs you would also see other online avatars in the hubs simuler to the splatoons 1 and 2 hubs and base it around skill set from the gameplay that’s how a hub world in this game should’ve done and I think it would’ve help the game out a little bit due too the lack of exploreation 

Also rings would be currency base from sonic unleashed 

3 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Considering there were only 5 areas in the game, hub worlds wouldn't have been too bad...

I'll never get the obsession with Hub Worlds.

Chao Gardens sure. But why Hub Worlds are always a thing people ask? 

Even if Forces has Hub Worlds, people are'nt going to say the game's good cos' it has a Hub World..

I guess the resistance base could have been a hub world but I'd rather have repurposed the base as a fancy Menu UI where selecting a menu function swings the camera around onto a different object like the modern games of today. Like you select World Map and it goes to the resistance screen and Avatar customization goes to Amy's mini computer.

It helps builds the world in small ways without being a Hub World for no rhyme or purpose.

• Thumbs Up 4

So I heard that Super Sonic is possibly going to be DLC, even though he is already patched in. I 100%ed the game and got the platinum and all DLC trophies. I also S Ranked all of Shadow's missions. Where he heck is Super Sonic?! I was expecting to unlock him by 100%ing the game and that Shadow DLC, but I guess not. :(

Edit: Just read back a page, it's indeed DLC then. I hope it's free.

Also as a note: Screw Sonic vs. Infinite 2 speed run challenge! Who decided that you should be speed running something that is VERY scripted? They should have given around five more seconds. I spent a good three hours trying to beat that challenge. Also Final boss was annoying as well, I kept failing multiple times by literally milliseconds so many times.

4 hours ago, DawningWolf said:

So I heard that Super Sonic is possibly going to be DLC, even though he is already patched in. I 100%ed the game and got the platinum and all DLC trophies. I also S Ranked all of Shadow's missions. Where he heck is Super Sonic?! I was expecting to unlock him by 100%ing the game and that Shadow DLC, but I guess not. :(

Edit: Just read back a page, it's indeed DLC then. I hope it's free.

Also as a note: Screw Sonic vs. Infinite 2 speed run challenge! Who decided that you should be speed running something that is VERY scripted? They should have given around five more seconds. I spent a good three hours trying to beat that challenge. Also Final boss was annoying as well, I kept failing multiple times by literally milliseconds so many times.

Pretty sure "support for Super Sonic" was in the Day 1 patch.

So I watched a playthough of Episode Shadow and thought the plot was fine but it could have been more.

Gameplay wise was there anything that made Shadow stand out and not perceived as Sonic but painted black?

1 hour ago, knuckles20 said:

So I watched an playthough of Episode Shadow and thought the plot was fine but it could have been more.

Gameplay wise was there anything that made Shadow stand out and not perceived as Sonic but painted black?

He can perform the light speed attack from the Adventure games along chains of flying enemies, and his stages also feature homing attackable balloons, which work the same as they did in previous boost games.  Neither are used in any particularly interesting manner though.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, JezMM said:

He can perform the light speed attack from the Adventure games along chains of flying enemies, and his stages also feature homing attackable balloons, which work the same as they did in previous boost games.  Neither are used in any particularly interesting manner though.

You're a good guy to ask about this; is there anything particularly interesting going on in any of the levels in this game? I've not watched every level thoroughly but although some levels are better than others, I've not seen anything that stands out (at least in a positive way).

Thinking about the avatar and the potential for a grapple in a Sonic game, it's reduced to functing as homing attacking a spring for the red targets, and automatic scripts/ cutscenes for the yellow ones. I like the idea of the water slides in Aqua Road, but they dominate that already short stage and aren't a new idea.

• Thumbs Up 2

Finally some Super Sonic gameplay, courtesy of someone who diddled with the files on PC a bit. Thus far it's the only version you can unlock him on because you need to mount the DLC or something.

You can transform when you collect 50 rings, as per usual.

• Thumbs Up 4

9 minutes ago, RLS Legacy said:

Finally some Super Sonic gameplay, courtesy of someone who diddled with the files on PC a bit. Thus far it's the only version you can unlock him on because you need to mount the DLC or something.

You can transform when you collect 50 rings, as per usual.

Great, we can Super Sonic for 30 seconds

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 3