Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Yeah, I have no idea why Cream in particular isn't here.

Well.. it's a war. And she has a mom

Has anyone taken the 0.01% Eggman still has control of yet?

Kinda just looks like Classic Sonic from Generations where it was more or less invincibility and not really much else. Doesn't seem to have other perks beyond unlimited boost. But nice to see what it may be like. Can't tell if they'll be more to this or not.

6 minutes ago, Razule said:

Well.. it's a war. And she has a mom

She was involved in a number of adventures, at least two of which were world altering. And it made more sense for her to be mission control than Amy/Espio.

Plus, Vanilla already had a 3D model for them to base on if she really needed to make an appareance.

29 minutes ago, Booblur99 said:

20171110_112430-724x724.jpg

All whose missing is big and cream.

I just noticed that Tails is right in front of the Rookie. Who seems to be emulating Scourge, from what I can tell.

Red Gate Bridge is weird. The boss fight plays out like a quickstep section, yet you are in full control the whole time. It's not an accident either, as there's a barrier behind you to hinder you from standing still. It's easy to misalign yourself, screwing up your positioning relative to the obstacles if you attempt to use your sidestep.

Not to mention Infinite's third boss fight almost being the same thing, up to him using Maximum Overdrive.

So, is Super Sonic just locked away for no good reason then?

This freaking company makes no damn sense. What the hell is their decision process based on?

16 minutes ago, RLS Legacy said:

omega.png.5db769028ffd86f1b2635b8bf14bdd21.png

As far as I'm concerned, this is the canonical explanation of how Omega was fixed for his dramatic entrance.

We went over this already........Donkey Kong is smarter than Tails.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

You're a good guy to ask about this; is there anything particularly interesting going on in any of the levels in this game? I've not watched every level thoroughly but although some levels are better than others, I've not seen anything that stands out (at least in a positive way).

Thinking about the avatar and the potential for a grapple in a Sonic game, it's reduced to functing as homing attacking a spring for the red targets, and automatic scripts/ cutscenes for the yellow ones. I like the idea of the water slides in Aqua Road, but they dominate that already short stage and aren't a new idea.

Nothing too special, that I can remember off the top of my head.  There's a lot of moments that would almost be cool but they just populate it with automated stuff.  Modern Sonic's final solo stage has this whole aesthetic where you're constantly going down these really steep slopes rather than horizontal or straight-up vertical surfaces, but 90% of it is just doing homing attack chains above the terrain that aren't particularly challenging at all.

The Infinite boss fights are pretty cool - while it's boring that you just homing attack him as always, I really like the concept of you having these big obstacles to avoid that, rather than just straight-up damaging you, teleport you to an alternate arena filled with hazards, giving you a moment to redeem yourself.  Network Terminal also has a nice new gimmick in the form of super-heavy torrents of water that push waterwheel platforms around, make Sonic only able to walk, and smash him downwards without damaging him if you get caught in one mid-air (which is fatal above pits of course).  Again, they never use them to their full potential but they were a surprising addition considering they required new animations and physical properties for the boost gameplay.

I'm steadily working my way through 100%ing the game in order so a lot of the stages from the last third of the game I've only played once on my initial story playthrough, I'll reply again if there's something from those that I've forgotten.

I'm also definitely frustrated by several of the QTE sequences which just had no need to be QTEs.  The one in Egg Gate in particular, you homing attack onto the first ship using normal game controls, in any other game that would be basic training for the next moments when the game asks you to figure it out for yourself under a stricter time pressure and more exciting circumstances.

If Sonic Unleashed was Forces, the cool bit in the Egg Dragoon battle where you tear the thing apart piece by piece and then throw Eggman out would've been a single A press at the start and then Sonic would've just done the rest in a cut-scene lol.

• Thumbs Up 7

Oh! Yes, I saw Network Terminal and actually thought that the gimmick was cool. Those torrents work in a number of ways, affecting Sonic, the environment or both at the same time. It was disappointing to see that the effects are so rigid and that the stage was all 2D once you got to something interesting, but still. It's a good gimmick that works nicely.

Mortar Canyon was... Like a lot of the game - cool to look at, but it didn't look like it was fun to play. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Someone managed to unlock the Super mode for Classic Sonic. Aside from his trademark invincibility, I don't really see any difference with him. Super!Classic Sonic seems to move at the same speed as regular!Classic Sonic.

Here is also another video showcasing Modern Super Sonic going through various levels (including a Tag Team stage). For some reason, the developers either forgot to or didn't have time to allow Super Sonic to be used during the QTE events; so once you reach one, the Super mode is automatically disabled. :v

Both Super Sonics seem to function perfectly fine, it's odd they're locked away in the DLC and are currently unavailable.

17 minutes ago, KHCast said:

They don't have results screens it seems. Didn't Gens have them?

Yea, here Super just turns off at the goal. Like in Mania.

Pretty sure I know the answer, but with Super Sonic being locked in the game, is he disabled when playing as Shadow or vs the bosses?

46 minutes ago, StratusAsterion said:

Pretty sure I know the answer, but with Super Sonic being locked in the game, is he disabled when playing as Shadow or vs the bosses?

Yes.

Gonna honest, I know I griped about the other characters not doing much through out aside from the endgame, but I guess it's step in the right direction when compared to their recent treatment.

It's really easy to see the straightness when Classic Sonic is the one playing.

He can't even finish all of Modern Sonic's levels, but he does still have the ability to use grind rails. Pretty weird.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

He can't even finish all of Modern Sonic's levels, but he does still have the ability to use grind rails. Pretty weird.

Did classic sonic bite the zipline in park avenue with his teeth? Lol

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

Not that surprising - he could in Generations as well, on City Escape and Crisis City, maybe some others too.  The spin attack animation isn't even a placeholder, that's what he did on grind rails there too.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, RLS Legacy said:

cappy.png.a33d3b13e315216bfeb7459551fad6b9.png

Forces' writing is going down in history in this fandom. For all the wrong reasons.

I've seen that one line being made fun of all over the place, which is well-deserved; it's kind of a dumb line.

Other than that, though, I think 99% of the dialogue in the game is generally well-received. Which, for Pontaff's track record, is pretty darn great.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know how I was questioning why Cream was the only major character not to be in this game? Well, I just remember another character who really could've shown up as well: Gemerl!